Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi SachdevaYour feedback matters!
After taking ipill, my period haven't start at the normal time and still waiting for my period to start. Is this because I am pregnant or is the effect of ipill that my period is delaying.
I am just married and I want to know how I can sex with my wife without condom on ,not making her pregnant.
I am under treatment of pcos. I missed taking ginnette 35 before 10 days of having unprotected sex. From very next day I started taking as regularly. I had sex while last two pills was there to take. Even I took ginnette 35 as regular for last two days and took i-pill with in 24 hrs of unprotected sex. Am I safe?
According to a recent study of fertility and diet conducted by the Harvard Medical School, it has been revealed that consuming certain foods and abstaining from some can be easily opted for without any external intervention in order to aid in improving the ovulatory system, even though there are factors that you are unable to control, such as genetics and age. It is important to be aware of the small dietary changes that can potentially make you much more fertile than those who do not go for a healthy diet.
- Go for complex carbohydrates: Experts suggest eating more of slow and complex carbohydrates and restricting the consumption of processed ones. Your body is able to digest bad carbohydrates in order to turn them into blood sugar, which is harmful to the body. So you must stay away from cakes and cookies, white breads, white rice, junk food and all such items that appear unsurpassable. It is because the pancreas are compelled to release an additional amount of insulin into the blood for controlling the blood-sugar spike. On the other hand, you can go for good carbohydrates, such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables, which take time to digest and have a much slower effect on the insulin and blood sugar. It is evident that high levels of insulin can inhibit the process of ovulation.
Choose Iron-Rich Foods: A diet rich in iron that comes from vegetables and supplements may lower the risk of ovulatory infertility. Ovulatory infertility is only one cause of infertility and affects 25 percent of infertile couples. Vegetarian foods with iron include all types of beans, eggs, lentils, spinach, fortified cereals, long-grain enriched rice and whole grains. Add vitamin C from citrus fruits, bell peppers or berries to your meals to enhance iron absorption.
The "Fertility Diet": Women should choose the following "fertility diet" -
- Less animal protein and more vegetable protein
- Less trans fat and more monounsaturated fat (from foods such as avocados and olive oil)
- More high-fiber, low-glycemic carbohydrate-rich foods (including whole grains)
- More vegetarian sources of iron and fewer meat sources
- High-fat dairy instead of low-fat dairy
- Get enough folic acid: Folic acid has been proven to reduce a baby's risk of neural-tube birth defects such as spina bifida, and it is linked to a lower incidence of heart attacks, strokes, cancer, and diabetes. A good over-the-counter prenatal vitamin should contain more than the minimum recommendation of folic acid, between 600 and 800 mcg – what you'll need during pregnancy. In addition, you can eat folate-rich foods, such as dark green leafy vegetables like spinach or kale, citrus fruits, nuts, legumes, whole grains, and fortified breads and cereals.
- Dairy: It pays to bone up on dairy (milk, yogurt, and cheese) when you’re trying to conceive. Adding dairy to your preconception diet is good not only for bone health but also — potentially — for your reproductive health. So drink that milk, spoon up that yogurt, sip that smoothie, nibble on that cheese. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Periods after 25, 35, 40, 55 days sometime. She was having cyst in her ovaries last year and was under medications. Thereafter menses were regular but unable to concieve. Please suggest us what to do. And also what is the right time after menses for having sex. In intercourse, after ejaculations, most of the ejaculated semen come out of her vagina. Is it normal? or is there any problem in the procedure of having effective copulation. Please suggest.
I got married recently. Im nt getting my period it has 10 days delayed. We are not planning for baby so please suggest me the medicine.
I am 31 year old female. I am suffering from many health problems. Like hypo thyroid. Taking 75mg thyroxin medicine. Every month facing genital herpes. It happened after marriage. I got marriage in 2012 and in 2013 I got divorce. Now depression, tremors in hands and legs fast heart beat sleeplessness. What should I do.
I want to have sex without condom how can I avoid pregnancy . Can I-piles are good. The girl is virgin. also will there be blood from her vagina. How can I overcome situation of bleeding and is that bleeding normal. The girl is quite thin.
I had intercourse using protection on Aug 2 and 8th. Once his sperm spilled outside soo I took emergency pill. My periods date is 24 .my cycle is always normal .After dat next two months got normal periods on 22nd. And bleeding was as usual for 6-7 days. Now it's d 3rd month I din get my periods. I don have any symptoms of pregnancy except I feel my tummy s lil bulged. May it's my stress. But y my period s missing now. I'm tensed pls help.
The problem of abdominal pain is very common in pregnant women. Almost every woman faces this problem at some point during pregnancy. It mostly occurs due to changes in the body for having to accommodate the new baby. While some pains are harmless and go away without much bother, some pains can be a real threat. As an expectant mother, it is important to recognize the symptoms and visit your doctor if you experience persistent discomfort during pregnancy.
Some common causes of abdominal pain:
Round Ligament Pain- This pain is harmless and is commonly witnessed during the sixth to ninth month of pregnancy. This pain occurs due to the stretch of the two large ligaments running from the uterus to groin. This pain is sharp and stabbing. It is often felt while changing sides during sleep.
Constipation and Gas- Gas is a common problem during pregnancy. This is a result of increased production of progesterone. The latter is responsible for slowing down the gastrointestinal tract resulting in the slow movement of food inside the body. Few best ways to refrain from this problem are drinking plenty of water, eating food rich in fiber content and exercising.
Braxton Hicks- Such type of pain feels like contractions but in reality, it is nothing more than mild discomfort. This is a condition where the stomach muscle tightens and gives a hard and firm feeling. Doctors are of the view that Braxton Hicks result from dehydration and hence drinking lots of water is necessary to prevent this kind of pain.
Some serious pain that needs medical attention:
Placental Abruption- It is a condition where the uterus gets detached from the placenta. Common symptoms include abdominal pain and breakage of water. It is a life-threatening condition and needs immediate medical care.
Urinary Tract Infection- UTI is easily treatable. If ignored, it can lead to serious complications. One common symptom is a lower abdomen pain accompanied with fever, sweats, and nausea.
Ectopic Pregnancy- This is a condition in which the egg does fail to get implanted in the uterus. This condition causes intense pain in the abdomen. This pain often surfaces during 6th to 10th week of pregnancy.
Preeclampsia- A Preeclampsia is characterized by the more than normal protein in the urine and abnormal blood pressure. This is experienced from the 20th week of pregnancy. Common symptoms are; pain in the abdomen, nausea and throwing up.
When to visit a Doctor?
If abdominal pain is accompanied by symptoms such as fever, burning sensation while urinating, bleeding from the uterus, vomiting and light-headedness, one should immediately contact a doctor to mitigate the risk of pregnancy complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hello Dr. I have pcod problem .my age is 22 .I had take treatment for this problem along 1 year and also I do diet and exercise .but there is nothing solve any problem I have take harmony f and then ridhiva tablets as per Dr. prescription but my problem is continue from 4 th month my periods are missing ,now what can I do. Dr.
I did blood test and results show as positive for Herpes. I have frequent outbreaks of this on my Genital. I also have borderline Diabetes. Can I be ever cured of Herpes? Will I be able to lead a normal sex life?
Is sex during 4th month of pregnancy is safe. In which month of pregnancy we should avoid having sex?
The weight loss journey is one that is filled with ups, downs, temptations and overall confusion. What should you eat? How much? What should you avoid? How can food help you in your weight loss journey? These are many questions that plague the minds of those living with a few extra pounds and kilos. So get your weight loss routine right without starving. Put these five ingredients on your plate to get help in losing weight.
- Eggs: This protein-rich food item gives your body due nourishment even as they put the metabolism in high gear, right in the morning. This is the time when the metabolism is at its peak. Eggs also have healthy fats which can make you feel full with a fraction of the calorie intake.
- Fish: A known source of Omega 3 fatty acids, salmon, trout, mackerel, tuna and other kinds of fishes are well known aids for weight loss. They give precious iodine to the body and supply plenty of proteins as well. Omega three fatty acids help in bringing down inflammation and bloating to help you get a more toned body.
- Beans: Eating a serving of beans, lentils and legumes in a day is also a great way to lose weight. Black beans and other legumes are known to have high dietary fibres which help in making the metabolism work faster. With the help of such fibres, the food gets pushed through the food pipe much faster, and much more effectively.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This is a super ingredient that helps in giving you a feeling of fullness when ingested right before a meal. Also, it is a well known super food in the health and wellness community, and is known to help people suffering from heart disease, diabetes, high cholesterol and a host of other ailments.
- Greens: Loaded with dietary fibres, yet low in carbohydrates and calories, green vegetables are a wonder food that can also banish bloating. Get your heart's fill of kale, spinach, cabbage and other ingredients, every single day for visible results in the weight loss arena. You can have them as a stir fry, in a salad, or simply churn a handful of green leaves into a healthy smoothie!
Using whole grains like oats and even nuts for the weight loss process has been known to offer health benefits and great results!