Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi Lata KabraYour feedback matters!
More than half the patients with blood pressure are patients of diabetes too. Get your BP checked every time when you visit your doctor! Both BP and Diabetes have bad effects on kidney and as such should be controlled together asap!
Hi I'm 19 years old me and my girlfriend is 18 years old had unprotected sex and after 2 3 hrs she took I pill she's scared she'll get pregnant. What we should do now? Another question one I pill is enough? To prevent pregnancy Tell me please what should I do now.
Meri delivery 1 January ko hui thi. C. Section hua tha. Mera beta ab 4 months 15 days ka ho gya h. Shuru mein main breastfeeding krwa rhi thi pr sath mein lactogen milk b deti thi ab mujhe doodh aana bht bht km ho gya h. please mujhe koi tareeka bataein jis se doodh jald se jald badhe koi home remedy batayein or kis wajah se doodh km ho raha h wo b batayen plz.
With the vast amount of available information, ranging from age-old wisdom to health magazines and health sites, most people are prone to misinformation when it comes to what to eat and what to avoid. From drinking copious amounts of water to eating a light lunch, it is the time that these commonly known health tips are debunked.
These 3 habits that may seem healthy on the surface but are actually harming you!
- Drinking large amounts of water: It is advisable to drink a healthy dose of water each day, but you should drink water only when you feel thirsty and not otherwise. If you drink water beyond your level of thirst, it can lead to excess water intake. This excessive intake can be the cause of conditions like obesity, skin and digestive problems among other health conditions. An average person consumes 8 glasses of water each day. But you are advised to drink that much, only if you are thirsty enough. It is also recommended not to drink cold water or ice-cold drinks.
- Eating uncooked foods: It is essential to preserve the nutrients of the ingredients you eat, but it is equally important to make them digestible. Cooking involves subjecting the ingredients to heat, which helps to remove and kill certain impurities and bacteria in them. Cooked foods are easily broken down, and hence, digested with ease. Some vegetables and foods are even more beneficial when lightly cooked. Vegetables like Brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, and kale should not be consumed raw.
- Eating a light lunch: The ideology behind eating a light lunch may be to keep your weight in check and to stay healthy, but if the food you're having is not nutritious, it can still cause you to gain weight. Some food joints even offer a lunch menu of light proportions while the dinner menu may be packed with heavy amounts of food. This is wrong. It is advisable that people have larger proportions of food in their lunch while dinner should be meager as your digestion slows down as the day progresses. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
We had sex on 12 and her menses started on 7 and she bleeds for 4 -5 days .on date 15 she vomit having abdominal muscle cramps .body pain .susceptible to cold .constipation and no feeling for food .is she pregnant? And if yes then what should I do to avoid it?
I am thirty years old women, I am very stressful as I did not get my periods of this month. It has been 33 days of my last periods. Now I am afraid of pregnancy. Pls tell me to stop my pregnancy quickly.
Hey! Dr. Told me that my friend is 6week pregnant but she didn't want baby this time. How can I help her? Do any tablets work to abort her baby? She missed her periods of 18nov and had pregnancy test at home and there is a dark pink line and one Light Pink line on the test kit. Plzzz help.
Baldness and thinning of hair are common conditions faced by both men and women today. Once upon a time, it was an age related condition but today, hair loss is triggered by a number of factors. These include stress, pollution, an unhealthy diet and excessive colouring and other such chemical procedures. The good news is that hair transplants allow us to cover up bald spots and thicken thin hair.
Hair transplant is a surgical procedure through which hair follicles from one part of the head are transferred to other parts of the head. Hair transplant surgeries can be categorized as
- Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS)
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
Follicular Unit Strip Surgery involves the removal of a strip of skin with hair from the back of the head and then dividing this to create a number of small grafts. Each graft must have a few hair follicles on it. On the other hand, Follicular Unit Extraction involves plucking individual hair follicles from one part of the head that has thick hair growth and using these to create grafts. In most cases, the back of the head is the preferred location to take the grafts from. This is because the hair growth here is usually the thickest and this part of the head is naturally resistant to balding. Once the grafts are ready, a surgeon will make tiny incisions on the areas where they are to be transplanted. The grafts will then be individually placed in each of these slits. Finally, the entire area is bandaged.
Both Follicular Unit Strip Surgery and Follicular Unit Extraction have their own unique advantages...
Follicular Unit Strip Surgery:
- It requires fewer sittings
- Large bald areas can be targeted
- It has a lower rate of the graft getting cut while being removed
Follicular Unit Extraction:
- It does not involve the removal of skin
- Thus there are stitches required
- There is no scarring
- Quick recovery time, a patient can return to work the next day
To perform a hair transplant surgery, the patient must be at least 25 years old. They must also not have been diagnosed with any heart conditions, hypertension or chronic diabetes. A hair transplant can also not cure hair fall. Hence, if your baldness or thinning hair is triggered by incessant hair fall or if you suffer from a psychological disorder that makes you pull out your hair, a hair transplant will not help. Lastly, you must have enough hair follicles on your head to have a hair transplant surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Why irritation and sensation takes place in the private part of girl? What are the reasons behind this? How can we take care of it?
Suggest feasible contraception methods other than condoms. And the details. I know about the monthly pills. What are their market names and how do they work? Thank-you.
Is oral sex is normal. Means lacking pussy and ass is normal? If a girl want to lick my penis and want to lick my ass as well so it is normal?
I am 21, my regular period started on 20 March ended 27 March, then again on 1 april bleeding started, nd still continuing, I feeling very weak, what to do at this point?
Being a mother is the greatest gift to womankind. With the most amazing feeling of being a mother, comes big challenges and responsibilities. The first and foremost being, keeping the baby safe and healthy. Providing babies their best start begins with breastfeeding. Doctors around the world recommend exclusive breastfeeding to begin within the first hour of a baby’s life and continue until six months.
A mother’s milk has no substitute. It is packed with amazing nutritional benefits, the absence of which can lead children at risk of malnutrition and various diseases. Breast milk is often being termed as complete food with added antibodies, enzymes, hormones and fatty acids extremely vital for a delicate immune system of an infant. Babies build their immunity in the first few years of their life and breast milk is critical to developing immunity.
UNICEF working on child’s rights and well-being world over promotes breastfeeding schemes across many countries.
According to UNICEF reports, a non-breast fed child is 14 times likely to die within first six months than an exclusively breastfed child. An estimated 8,20,000 children under the age of five could be saved each year with increased breastfeeding. However, Only 38% of infants globally are breastfed. Looking at India’s state, Malnutrition continues to be one of the greatest challenges. One cost effective, safe and smart intervention to curb malnutrition and decrease infant mortality is breastfeeding.
Let’s now look at the benefits of breast milk for infants and mothers:
- Breast milk is found to reduce the risk of respiratory tract infections, diarrhea, asthma, food allergies, leukemia, diabetes and celiac disease.
- Psychologists have long established the positive effects of mother’s touch in the emotional development of babies. In addition to this, breastfeed has positive effects on child’s cognitive development.
- Breastfeeding has amazing benefits for mothers. It is found to aid weight loss post pregnancy. It promotes better uterus shrinkage and delays menstruation. Lactating mothers naturally avoid pregnancy till they breastfeed. It reduces the risk of breast cancer, cardiovascular disease and rheumatoid arthritis later in life.
- Considering the benefits of this super natural milk, many countries have now adopted an international code of marketing of breast-milk substitutes. The code promotes breastfeeding and restricts marketing of infant formula milk. India along with many other countries signed it.
India has also begun with a baby friendly hospital initiative where hospitals educate new mothers regarding breast feeding and strictly discourage infant formulas wherever possible. The myth of feeding newborn babies with honey, water, sugar does more harm than good. Thus, it is vital to exclusively breastfeed the baby at least for six months before introducing other foods.
Ensure your child’s right to a healthy life through breastfeeding! If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Hi. My boyfriend and I haven't had sex. But he ejaculated when top of me in a bath tub. It was not near my vulva though. The water was cool. It was my 21st day of my cycle. This was one week back. Is there any chance of pregnancy and if there is anything I can do to terminate it.
What are the ways to reduce the tummy after delivery. Now my baby is almost 4 months old. But still my tummy is not reduced. Kindly advise.
I got pregnant on 2014 on June then 3 month later I had a miscarriage. After that I have been trying to get pregnant but no success. What can I do?
Sir I ask you when plan pregnancy what precaution should be taken in mind and which type we decided plan and activity.
Breast cancer is the form of cancer that occurs from breast tissues in women. Signs of breast cancer may include a lump in the breast, changes in the shape of the breast, dimpling of the breast skin, a fluid coming out of the nipples or development of red scaly patches on the skin. There might be pain in the bones, swollen lymph nodes, shortness of breath, or the skin turning yellow and pale.
Breast cancer is a fatal mode of cancer in women, and one must try to abstain from this cancer in all possible ways. Here are 5 ways you can decrease the risk of breast cancer.
- Keeping a check on your weight: Although the process is tough to maintain, keeping up a sound and healthy weight is a critical objective for everybody. Being overweight can expand the danger of a wide range of cancers, including breast cancer, particularly after menopause in women. Exercise is very important for maintaining a healthy body and lifestyle. Women who exert physically regularly are fitter than others and are at a much lower risk of acquiring diseases of any kind. Regular exercise decreases the chance of getting breast cancer and also keeps the body weight in check.
- Maintaining a healthy diet: Maintaining a healthy and balanced diet is a key for keeping away from any kind of cancer or major health problem. Include a sufficient amount of fresh fruits and green vegetables in your daily diet to ensure the supply of all vital nutrients to your body. This would increase your immunity.
- Avoid smoking and consume less alcohol: Smoking is a very unhealthy and harmful habit. Smoking lowers the quality of your life, and causes numerous diseases. Heart diseases, stroke and many kinds of cancer, including breast cancer can be caused from smoking. If you drink alcohol, you should moderate your drinking habits and drink less, as drinking in excess may lead to breast cancer.
- Practice breast feeding: Breast feeding your children for a span of one year or more is likely to reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid taking birth control pills: Birth control pills, in spite of having several benefits are associated with risk factors as well. Birth control pills have got worse effects in younger women than older aged women. Using birth control pills may cause breast cancer and these pills should be avoided.
There are many ways, adapting which you can lower the chances of getting breast cancer. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.