Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi Lata KabraYour feedback matters!
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.
My period date was 15 april but I had taken regestrone from april 11 to april 20 two times a day but from april 15 to april 22 I have sex with my husband and I have taken unwanted 72 tablet two times with in this period of time. Now I am waiting for my period but it is not happening so what can I do to get my period immediately?
Drinking plenty of water, often considered to be between eight to ten glasses per day, provides many benefits, including preventing and relieving tight and cramped muscles related to dehydration. However, tight muscles can have a variety of causes and might require dietary and lifestyle changes to adequately deal with.
Minerals, electrolytes and water are all needed for normal muscle tone and function. Calcium is especially important for contraction, magnesium is needed for relaxation, and water for firmness and electrolyte exchange.
Athletes commonly have tight muscles and also people who are under stress. Tight muscles lose their flexibility and might become painful to the touch. Mineral deficiency, especially magnesium, can lead to muscle tightness, twitching and maybe even restless leg syndrome at night. A lack of electrolytes, such as sodium, interferes with nerve conductance to muscle fibers and results in tightness and spasms. Poor blood circulation hampers the minerals, electrolytes and water getting to muscles, which can cause symptoms.
Most of us drink a lot of beverages but it has either caffeine or alcohol which can both lead to mild dehydration.
Simple ways to reduce muscle tightness
1. Drink plenty of water
2. Reduce caffeine and alcohol.
3. Eat bananas and foods rich in magnesium and use seasalt with food.
4. Do stretching exercises
5. Try massage to relieve pain from tight muscles.
If pain and tightness persists consult a health practitioner for evaluation and treatment.
I had got my period on the 15th of January I.e. Last month. It's 21st February & I still haven't got my period .I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend couple of times on different days but he didn't ejaculate inside me. I did a pregnancy test at home & the results were negative .What should I do now. Please help .I am tensed.
I have miscarriage of one & half month baby by mifrostone medicine course. Now I have 10 month gone. I am not going to pregnant again. I tested no thyroid blood group of husband wife is b+ & not any same problem of my hubby. please recommend any thing who helps me.
I been trying to get pregnant for 2years! it just will not happen! Its heart breaking because all I ever wanted is to have my own baby and I feel soo helpless and confused. What do I do? Do I need to take tests and if so what kind of tests and where do I go to get them? Please help me I am giving up hope.
1. Maintain your diet chart like_
If you r fatty then take less calories n waste more doing exercise.
If you hv fit. Then take balanced diet.
Take more fiber food
Avoid fast food
My gf having periods twice in a month with so much pain & body aching. Her main organ is also sore during that periods. What should she do?
Hi I am 5 weeks pregnant. N yesterday I observed little spotting. Is there anything I need to worry about. Please help.
My wife is pregnant and below is the report result 1. Uterus is bulky, single intrauterine gestation sac is noted near fundus 2. Fetal pole is noted 3. Cardiac activity is well appreciated 4. Internal os is closed 5. Choriodecidual reaction noter 6. G sac 31 mm corresponding to 8 weeks q day 7. CRL 11mm corresponding to 7 weeks 2 days 8. Average gestational age - 7 week 5 days 9. Both adnexae clear 10. No free fluid noted in pouch of Douglas -Please can any 1 tell me how is the report -Can any 1 explain in detail?
I want to get preg my date was 7 of this month n trying from three month which is the best way to get preg in this month please help me out.
I am 21 years old and my girlfriend is 20 years old. My girlfriend want to do intercourse with me. But I want to do a safe sex. So doctor please tell me what I have to do in safe sex. So that he cannot become pregnant.
Hi, This is regarding a possible pregnancy resolution. My previous LMP date is on 15th April, I started to bleed on 13th May. I'm unsure it is my general period bcoz from 13th onwards I never stop my spotting and blood clots. Its continuing till date. My UPT results came up weekly positive with one dark shade and one faint line on June 3rd. To confirm I did a beta HCG test on same day i.e June 3rd the numbers came like 76 at the first and repeat test after 48 hrs is 90. Dr. Said to wait for a week for another HCG test. The result came up as 169 on 11th June is it a steady growth? Now I feel abdomen cramping some time giddiness. I never see over bleeding now just a spotting is identified on daily basis. Pls advise.
Hello am 4 month pregnant now. Am having back pain and one side of the stomach is pain in left side. May I know why like that. And am feeling like hungry and after eating also I feel same. please doctor advice me.
One of the most irritating symptoms of lyme disease is the drastic effects it has on your sleep patterns. Insomnia and restlessness are commonly reported, which weaken the body and make it more difficult to fend off the infection. Valerian root has been trusted for centuries as a sleep aid, and can deliver the restful sleep your body needs to recharge and repair. It is also an analgesic and stomach aid, so it helps with other common symptoms of the disease as well. Valerian root extract and valerian tea are the most popular and effective ways to consume this powerful herb.