Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharmistha Garg
Submit a review for Dr. Sharmistha GargYour feedback matters!
I am 47 years old now. At the age of 38yrs Multiple tumors removed by open surgery.Tumors re appeared and caused heavy Bleeding and weight loss. CT Scan and peptest confirmed benign tumors and Menopause started since last six months there was no period and Bleeding due to constant care of Doctor. May I avoid removal of Uterus with tumors and live normal life with out any harm in future?
If you are experiencing difficulty in breathing or rapid breathing, shortness of breath and low blood pressure, you might have been affected with acute respiratory distress syndrome or ARDS. This is a fatal lung condition in which the supply of oxygen to the lungs and into the blood gets prevented. The symptoms of this syndrome develop within two days of the illness. Here are 10 important facts about ARDS you should know about:
Because of the low level of oxygen in the blood, the organs of the body may not function properly. The kidneys and brain require constant oxygen-rich blood supply and there are chances of organ failure due to ARDS.
Commonly, people who get ARDS are already in hospital for some other health problem. People who are not hospitalised may get ARDS because of conditions such as pneumonia.
In ARDS, the tiny blood vessels of the lungs leak more fluid than usual into the air sacs of the lungs. This happens because of infections, injuries or some other condition. The lungs cannot get filled up with air and sufficient oxygen is prevented from getting pumped into the bloodstream.
Several factors also lead to ARDS. These include sepsis, severe bleeding due to any injury on the head or chest, breathing in harmful smoke, or inhaling vomited content of the stomach from the mouth.
People who are prone to ARDS have some condition that may injure their lungs directly or indirectly.
The initial symptoms of ARDS include a feeling of not getting sufficient air in the lungs, low oxygen levels in the blood and rapid breathing. The diagnosis of ARDS depends on your medical history and the results from several tests and physical examinations.
The treatment of ARDS is undertaken by oxygen therapy, medicines and fluids. A patient with ARDS is likely to develop some other health condition while in the hospital, such as lung scarring, blood clots, infections and pneumothorax.
Many people recover from ARDS completely while others keep on facing certain health problems, such as shortness of breath, muscle weakness, depression and fatigue. Problems related to memory and clear thinking are also indicated.
By improving your quality of life, you can recover from ARDS. You need the support and encouragement of your family and friends. You must avoid smoking and keep away from any kind of lung irritant.
- The treatment for ARDS has showed progress in the recent years. Hence, more people are recovering from this condition. New treatment procedures are being researched on. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
I am 26 year old woman and have no health issues to worry about. I also enjoy a healthy and active sex life. However, for the past few days I have noticed excessive white discharge from the vagina for no rhyme or reason. I want to know if it is a matter of concern.
I am 23 years old. I am having hormonal imbalance. Doctor has prescribed me normoz tablet twice daily for 6 months. I started having it from 18th march 2016 and I have got my period early after having it and its not been a month and I got my period again. Is it fine or not? Is the medicine good.
I had ivf recently. Last period start: 2 August Egg collection: 18th (19 eggs) Embryo transfer: 22nd (got 16 embryos, transferred 3) I did blood test on 9th September - hcg was 438.20 Second hcg on 11th September- hcg was 579.40 My hcg has not doubled in 48 hours. Is this normal. I am trying to be hopeful. I am taking gestone injection and progesterone tablets. I did not get period or spotting. I am feeling normal. Is it positive for me?
Ayurveda takes a holistic approach to treat any disease. It aims to treat fistula-in-ano with a combination of herbs, good lifestyle, healthy diet etc. Ayurveda suggests that fistula occurs due to the disparity of the 3 doshas. The treatment aims at balancing the doshas and healing the condition from within without any side effects.
What is anal fistula?
Anal fistula is an opening other than the normal opening of the anus. Most people face oozing of stool and pus from the other opening. The surrounding area of the anus becomes painful and tender. If the opening closes for a few days, the pus gets trapped leading to fever and abscess. It is, therefore, important to get rid of the mucus and the pus completely and heal the fistula. In case of multiple openings, modern medicine suggests surgery to get rid of the situation. Ayurveda on the other hand, uses oils, herbs, and other such non-inflammatory means to cure the condition.
Digestive fire from the Ayurvedic viewpoint:
Digestion only happens smoothly when the Jatharagni/Agni is strong. With natural food and supplements and herbs it is entirely possible to balance the digestive fire. Raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts are the ideal diet to heal this condition. Some foods to avoid to ensure that the aggravation of fistula doesn’t take place include aerated drinks, processed foods, milk and milk related products. The herbs that are prescribed by the Ayurvedic practitioner should be continued for at least 3-6 months.
Ayurvedic treatment for fistula-inano:
Ayurveda has a very precise dosage of herbs mentioned in the ancient books. It is suggested that two tablespoons of Triphala Guggul and 1 tablespoon of Vara Churna should be consumed daily, twice a day, Nirgundi oil should be applied locally every day and 2 tablespoons of curcumin should be consumed daily.
- Triphala Guggul: This formulation consists of two very important herbs- Guggul and Triphala. Both these herbs helps the body’s defence mechanism. This formulation is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial in nature. Both the herbs help in toning the gastrointestinal tract, streamline the flow of bile and aids the intestine to effectively eradicate bodily waste.
- Vara Churna: Vara Churna is a formulation that contains several herbs such as amalaki, bibhitaka, haritaki etc. This formulation helps clean the colon and strengthen the GIT. This formulation is effective for vata, kapha, and pitta. Vara Churna is extremely effective for rectifying constipation, aiding blood circulation improving liver function and balancing the blood pressure.
- Nirgundi Oil: This oil is made up from the herb Nigundo. This herb is pungent, bitter and astringent in flavour. It is a natural antibiotic and is an anti-inflammatory. This oil can relax the muscles, reduce congestion and pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A woman is the primary health care taker in a family. She is the first person a child consults when he or she is sick; she looks after the nutrition of the entire family, she is the one who dresses your wounds at home. According to a study conducted on 500 mumbai families the monitoring of a disease, the nutrition and proper intake of medicines is monitored by the lady of the house. This women’s day let us look into the health problem she faces. Let us take care of our daughters, sisters, wives, mothers and grandmothers.
A woman faces many changes in her life, firstly at puberty, during pregnancy and child birth and menopause. During each of this change her body goes through many changes physically, mentally and emotionally which can cause a deviation in her state of health. It is here that homoeopathy comes to be of great aid for her.
Let us look at few homoeopathic medicines that can give the woman in your family a disease free life:
1) Dysmenorrhoea that is painful menses: every woman has faced this problem in her life. This pain can incapacitate her from her work. Mag phos is an excellent remedy for dysmenorrhoea. Severe cramping pain in lower abdomen relieved by warm fomentation is relieved when mag phos is taken in 6x potency.
2) Remedies such as calc carb, bovista etc are of good use in leucorrhoea that is white discharge from vagina but these remedies are best taken on prescription of registered homoeopathic practitioner.
3) A common complaint a woman faces during pregnancy is vomiting during pregnancy. Medicines such as nux vomica and sepia will help a great deal in this complaint. A pregnant lady must take care that if she is vomiting more than 3 times a day and cannot retain slightest solid or liquid then she must consult the practitioner immediately.
4) Another change that comes in a woman’s life is at menopause. As the name it self suggests that it means the end of her fertility cycle. During this period a woman complaints of palpitations, weakness, irritability, hot flashes etc. The medicine belladonna will help you against the hot flashes and palpitation. Women rapidly lose bone density after menopause increasing their risk of osteoporosis. Calc phos taken in 6x potency will help in such case.
The health authorities all over the world are trying to educate and inform people regarding the woman’s health. It is time that we wake up to the reality of healthy women being the harbingers of a healthy nation and work individually and collectively in this regard.