Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sharda JainYour feedback matters!
Dear sir/mam I want to knw my Girlfriend is period time was 8 may. That was miss she is pragnet this time. She feel Voimet, Chakkar, nd more weakness. We want solution pls tell me abt abortion or medicine for drop it.
I feel alot of pain during sex m newly married and my husband try to sex with me but we have to stop at the beginning because I feel excess of pain any medicine to reduce all the pain during and after sex.
Me 5th month pregnant hu baby deliverd hone ke bad mujhe kya khana chahiye ki mera figure khrab na ho or pet mota na ho ya ab kya khana chhiye jisse baby gora ho mere chehre pe bhut jhai pd gyi h uske liye koi medicine please
What to do to Balance hormones of pcod problem and what diet or medical treatment is required for it?
I am 24 years old and my wife age is 23 years, both of us has the same blood group. I.E B, will that effect during pregnancy or health?
Hair loss can be harrowing for both men and women, especially if it tends to be above normal for extended periods of time. Losing more hair than that can signify problems within the body such as hormonal changes, ageing, life style related issues etc.
Lifestyle change tips to avoid hair fall: Even before getting into Ayurvedic remedies to control the loss of hair, it is important to reduce the problems which may be contributing to the problem in the first place. Some of the things that you may be required to do are:
- Maintain or start of on a healthy diet and cut fatty, oily and processed foods from your diet.
- Start exercising to ensure that your body is in the best shape it possibly can be and thus everything within, is functioning optimally.
- Start doing yoga, breathing exercises and other meditative techniques to ensure that your stress levels are kept under control.
- Get head massages regularly as they improve blood circulation within the scalp
- Quit smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and inculcate good sleep habits which help prevent hair loss problems.
Controlling hair loss with Ayurvedic tips:
- Indian gooseberry or amla: A pack of amla, bramhi and henna powder can be made with curd and water. Apply it and keep it for a couple of hours and then wash it off. Amla juice mixed with lemon juice can be massaged on the scalp after the wash. This will make the follicles on your scalp stronger.
- Ritha: An age old solution to hair problems, Ritha is also known as soapberry as it contains naturally foamy and cleansing agents. Crush the Ritha seeds and keep them soaked in water overnight. Wash your hair with the mixture in the morning and continue for a month to see visible results.
- Aloe vera with cumin seeds: Mix about one third cup of aloe vera juice with a little bit of cumin or Jeera powder. Use this mixture at least twice a day, for a few months to see results in the prevention of hair thinning.
- Bhringaraaj: One of the most effective Ayurvedic herbs used in many medicines, it can be taken internally to help the system repair the hair related problems, or applied externally as Bhringaraaj oil to encourage hair growth and stopping hair loss.
- Brahmi oil: Considered brain food in its herb form, Brahmi oil is known to be very good for hair related ailments and is very effective at stopping hair loss and help new hair growth.
Hi Sir, My wife is 21 week pregnant today she is having pain in her stomach and having problem of low level placenta please suggest what to do and what precautions to be taken?
Psychosomatic disorder, now more commonly referred to as psychophysiologic illness, is an illness whose symptoms are caused by mental processes of the sufferer rather than immediate physiological causes. If a medical examination can find no physical or organic cause, or if an illness appears to result from emotional conditions such as anger, anxiety, depression or guilt, then it might be classified as psychosomatic.
However, the term "psychosomatic" has developed a negative connotation in recent years, as many people mistakenly believe it to mean that the patient is "making up" his or her symptoms such as pain, has "mental problems," or is otherwise malingering. This is not its true meaning, as psychosomatic pain, for example, is very real pain, and is caused by unconscious rather than conscious sources, and is perfectly normal and not under conscious control.
Psychosomatic symptoms show that a human body can create physical symptoms that compensate for relationship deficiencies. (For example, hypnosis-induced allergic reactions indicate that a person's immune response can dramatically change during an intense mind-body relationship).
Very often, psychosomatic illness is influenced by external factors or players. Severe stress caused by factors in work, relationship, and family are known to cause bowel illness and accompanying dehydration, stomach or headaches, nausea, incontinence, or loss of hair.
Somatopsychic illness is an illness where the mental and psychological processes of the sufferer are affected by physiological causes. Emotional conditions similar to psychosomatic illness are experienced as well as decreased mental functioning. Physiological factors involved include, but are not limited to, cases of persons diagnosed with chronic pain and/or a physical disorder, cases where the person experiences frequent episodes of pain over a long period of time, and cases where a person has exacerbated levels of physical pain over a prolonged period of time..
Although psychosomatic disease might improve or disappear following suggestion by a recognized authority, both the psycho and somatic aspects of psychosomatic symptoms may vanish if people improve the relationship of mind to body. Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, for example, are usually considered to be psychosomatic illnesses. Like many eating disorders, they respond well to relationship coaching and various forms of psychotherapy.
It is often very difficult to distinguish if a disease has a psychological root, however, it is suggested that 70% of all diseases are the result of anxiety and stress and hence, have a "psychological" root in this sense, even though stress and anxiety themselves involve many biochemical, hormonal and genetic aspects.
Emotional conditions such as anger, anxiety, depression and guilt can be treated using Hypnotherapy and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, among other therapies, although these two particular treatments are considered controversial by many.
Cognitive behavior therapy is a widely-used treatment for anxiety, depression and related disorders.
Many identifiable illnesses have previously been labelled as 'hysterical' or 'psychosomatic', for example asthma, allergies, and migraines. Some illnesses are under debate, including multiple chemical sensitivity, Gulf War Syndrome, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Some people suggest that stigmatics suffer a psychosomatic illness based on identifying with the biblical crucified Jesus.
Illness as Metaphor
Tension myositis syndrome
Theory of Deadly Initials
Placebo (origins of technical term)
There are various known reasons why cancer takes root in a healthy body. The deadly disease takes away millions of lives worldwide and remedies in food to tackle it are constantly a subject of research. However taking this one food item off your daily diet can help becoming less prone to cancer.
Senior cancer experts stress that sugar feeds cancer. According to his belief, backed by years of research and medical expertise, it is possible to starve cancer out of a person’s body. When sugar breaks down in the body in a non-oxidative manner, adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is generated which causes cancer cells and tumor to grow.
Research states that cancer is a dysfunction of the mitochondria caused by fermentation of sugar in the cells instead of orthodox respiration of normal cells. This can be tackled by limiting the supply, just by cutting down the intake of sugar every day. A small amount of sugar in a healthy and requisite proportion is acceptable but excessive sugar must be avoided in order to choke cancer out from the body.
Specifically, the intake of sugar in processed foods must be cut down. Everything that is sweet isn't sugar! Avoiding processed foods will simply eliminate the bad salts and bad sugars from your diet. Eating at fast food joints too must be cut down completely as the food they serve is frozen and needs a lot of preservatives. You can always switch to fruits if you have a sweet tooth. Diet-wise, consume more green leafy vegetables, developing a plant and natural nutrient based diet is an ideal method to tackle cancer.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Doctor I have an Unprotected sex And my partner have took Unwanted 72 after the 1 hour of intercourse and Now after how many days we can take a pregnancy test for getting sure about us.
I was having irregular periods before 4 months and when I met Dr. she told its pcos. I took medicine for that. Now everything is ok, but I have facial hair growth which I do not like. We are also planning for 1st baby. I am not pregnant yet. Pls advise some home remedies to remove hair permanently and also advise if I proceed for lacer removal will it effect me in having baby?
Diabetes is basically a disorder of the metabolism causing excessive thirst and the production of large amounts of urine. To further elaborate one need to understand the role of insulin in the body. While eating, the body turns food into sugar or glucose. At that time pancreas is supposed to produce the right amount of insulin to move the glucose from our blood into our cells. In diabetics, the pancreas either produces little or no insulin, or the body cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced. Due to this, glucose levels rise in the blood, floods into the urine and passes out of the body, making the body lose its main source of fuel. Diabetes is of many types, but the most common is Type 1 and Type 2.
How to treat Diabetes:
Controlling blood sugar level is the major goal of diabetes treatment, in order to prevent complications of the disease. Treatment may be in Allopathy or Homeopathy, conventional medicine often uses insulin itself in the treatment of diabetes. Since this is kind of replacement, so diabetes becomes a life-long disease. Homeopathy can be used effectively in the treatment. Let’s see how diabetes can be worked with Homeopathy.
Diabetes & Homeopathy
In homeopathy, the main focus is on functioning of the pancreas in efficient insulin production. There are specific medicines which are used effectively in the treatment of all the stages of the diseases.
Homeopathic treatment can help improve the general health of a person with diabetes:
If a person with diabetes is in good health, his or her insulin requirements will be steady and the blood glucose well controlled at the same time.
If the general health is poor, it can be very difficult to achieve good control.
Homeopaths resort to different approaches towards diabetes Management of Blood Sugar. First is when the blood sugar level is very high, the priority is to control it and there are homeopathic remedies that could reduce the sugar. The commonly used remedies are Uranium Nitricum, Phosphoric Acid etc. These are classical homeopathic remedies.
Depending on the level of the blood sugar and the requirement of the patient, doses are given with doctor’s consultation. It’s a holistic approach in medicine. This treats the patient taking into consideration the mental, emotional and physical peculiarities of the person who is affected with this state. In this, it is considered that the disease is a mere deviation in life force and hence all the efforts are to correct this disorder. The treatment will be to bring into balance the various systems involved in diabetes, for example, pancreas, hormones, and your immune system. Treatment will again be different if you have other ailments along with diabetes.
Homeopathy regards health as a state of balancing the equilibrium of the life force. Whatever treatment is taken it’s always advisable to be in regular touch with the doctor and keep sharing the health status with the doctor.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
My girl frnd she is suffering frm irregular periods and even since from 5months her periods was not der. She is taking tension so plzz suggest me.
Mam merei gf ka period 19 aug ko khtm hua and I hv done unsafe sex on 21 aug kya wo pregnant ho jaygi mtl ki periods khatam hone ke 2 din baad maine uske ssath sex kiya.
'Congratulations! You're pregnant!' Almost all women long to hear these words and nothing should come in the way, even diabetes. So, if you are a Type 1 or Type 2 diabetic, here are a few things you should keep in mind to have a healthy baby.
- Your blood sugar must be monitored regularly: The most important thing you can do to have a healthy baby is to keep your blood sugar as close to normal before and during your pregnancy. Testing is recommended a minimum of four times a day. Glucose passes through the mother's blood to the fetus and hence if your blood sugar fluctuates, so will your baby's. High blood sugar levels are especially harmful during the first 8 weeks of pregnancy when the baby's brain, heart, kidneys and lungs are formed.
- Your pregnancy is considered high risk: High blood sugar levels can increase the risk of a miscarriage as well as the risks of your baby being born with birth defects. Diabetes can also increase the risk of developing preeclampsia during the second half of your pregnancy. This could result in a C section or premature birth. Thus, maintain regular checkups and keep your doctor in the loop of all your activities.
- You should watch out for signs of ketosis: When you have low blood sugar, the body produces ketones that can be passed on from you to your baby. This production of ketones is a result of the body's burning of fat instead of glucose to provide energy and can develop a condition called ketosis. Symptoms you should watch out for are stomach aches, nausea, fatigue, muscle stiffness, frequent urination and fruity breath.
- You need Vitamins and Supplements: Most women require vitamin and mineral supplements at the time of pregnancy. Of these, folic acid, iron, calcium and vitamin D are the most important. These supplements help in the healthy growth of the baby.
- You should exercise regularly: Maintaining a regular physical activity routine is very important for diabetics who are expecting a baby. This will help you regularize your blood sugar, relieve stress and strengthen your heart. Avoid activities that increase your risk of falling and aim for at least thirty minutes of daily exercise such as walking, swimming or yoga.
- Check your medication: Some medication can be detrimental during pregnancy such as cholesterol and blood pressure medication. Consult your doctor to find a suitable alternative, if needed. You may also need to change the kind of insulin you take and its frequency and amount. As you get closer to the delivery date, your insulin requirement may even double or triple.
The key to preventing complications during pregnancy is controlling your diabetes. So take your insulin regularly, maintain regular checkups and eat healthy. You need to be seen by your obstetrician more frequently. Your pregnancy will be monitored closely by more frequent ultrasounds and NST. If your sugar level remains under control and pregnancy is advancing well, a natural onset of pains is aimed for and a normal delivery is expected.
In theory this formula sounds good: “One third of your time should be spent taking care of business. Then spend one third taking care of the inner and the physical you. And one third for family, friends, community, and the world at large.” That would be desirable if we lived in an ideal world.
The answer is: Simply do your best! The key is to learn to be present in whatever third you're living in. So when you're working, work. And when you’re loving, love. And when you're eating, eat.
The secret is this: Listen to your body, pay attention to the signals it gives off.
When you listen to your body, you will know when it’s functioning at optimal levels. Your body will tell you when you've had enough sleep or when you've had enough food.
It’s about living more mindfully. It’s about being aware of where you are, in excess or in deficiency, and taking the steps needed to restore balance and achieve that natural state of equilibrium. Your body will thank you.