Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharda Jain
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sharda JainYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my girlfriend recently without using condom. How ever I didn't came inside her. What are the chances of her getting pregnant. Even if I assume I came inside her, then how many pills does she need to take to avoid pregnancy and within how many hours?
I am pregnant and vomiting is very high. please give me suggestions. When I am eating food then time vomiting is very very high.
Choose a time when you are both alone and not distracted. Having a conversation about sexual issues can be difficult and awkward, especially if you are both feeling the lack of sexual chemistry in the bedroom. Don’t spring the conversation on your partner when you’re having dinner at a restaurant or surrounded by friends. Look for a time when you are both alone, in a private space, to bring up the topic.
- A good time may be when you are both getting ready for bed, or after you have dinner together at home.
Broach the topic of sex in your marriage. A big part of strengthening the sexual relationship between you and your spouse is maintaining open and honest communication between you and your spouse. Bringing up the sexual issues in your marriage will show you are trying to make sex a priority in your relationship, instead of an occasional occurrence.
- Perhaps you have grown distant from your spouse or your spouse has grown distant from you. Regardless, be proactive and get the conversation started. Let your spouse know that you realize it’s important to have an intimate connection in a relationship, especially in a marriage.
Focus on how you can both meet each other’s needs. Tell your spouse that you realize you have both been unhappy with your love life and that you want to try to do something about it. If your partner responds with, “Well, I’ve heard that before”, don’t take it personally. Instead, ask your partner how you can meet their needs, sexual and otherwise. Discuss what your partner feels is lacking in your sexual relationship and what you feel is lacking, as well.
- Often, couples with sexual problems also have other emotional issues that have not been worked out and are hovering over the relationship. You could be lacking sexual chemistry due to boredom in the bedroom, a low sex drive (for you or your partner), a negative body image (for you or your partner), exhaustion due to the stresses of life, or a lack of connection mentally and emotionally.
- Try to work together to identify possible causes of your lack of sexual chemistry. It can be difficult to talk about issues around sex. But as partners, you owe it to each other to be honest and to share any concerns around intimacy and sex.
Hear each other out. Don’t interrupt your partner when your partner is sharing any feelings or concerns. Focus on listening before you respond or speak.
Ask if there are any specific issues or concerns. Try to get to the root of your issues. Don’t be afraid to be specific about your concerns, as this can lead to solutions to address them.
- If your partner brings up a feeling of boredom in the bedroom, think of ways to spice up your usual sex routine. Maybe your partner is feeling exhausted by their workday, or experiencing a negative image of their body. Discuss possible solutions to these issues, like taking less hours at work, going on a vacation just the two of you, or taking up exercise together.
Hi, I did sex with my bf on 16th at 5 PM then on 17th I look a pill called unwanted 72 at 6 PM but after one hour I vomited and then I vomited 2 more time on the same day. On 18th I again took an unwanted 72 at 7: 30 PM and after 2 hours I vomited again so what I need to do now. And in my case only semen was there in the dick also my periods ended on 31st December. Kindly help me as soon as possible is there any chance of pregnancy.
PMS is often treated as a joke but for many women, it is a monthly nightmare. Muscle cramps, headaches, bloating, breast tenderness, anxiety and depression are common symptoms of PMS. Though there is no set cure for PMS here are a few tips that will help you deal with it.
Set yourself an exercise routine
Exercising not only helps you maintain weight but also helps dealing with PMS. All you need are 30 minutes a day set aside to go for a brisk walk, jog, swim or even dance. Aerobic exercises like this improve blood circulation, ease stress and help the brain release more happy hormones.
Change your diet
If you are feeling bloated and depressed, cut back on simple carbohydrates like sugar and fat and increase your consumption of complex carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Do not attempt a low carb diet to lose weight if you suffer from PMS. Reducing the simple carbohydrates in the body and increasing the complex carbohydrates keeps you body feeling full for longer and increases the serotonin levels in the body.
Quit alcohol and caffeine
Drinking a glass of wine of a cup of coffee may give you temporary relief from PMS symptoms but in the long run they aggravate your PMS symptoms such as headaches, breast tenderness and mood swings. Alcohol may also contribute towards lowering the magnesium levels in your body and thereby make you feel bloated.
One of the effects of PMs is to make you feel anxious and tense. The easiest way to address this is by learning to relax. Try meditation or yoga for half an hour every morning. This will improve your overall health as well as soothe muscle pains.
Take a few supplements
Research says that certain fatty acids like omega 3 and linoleic acid can lower irritability and body aches associated with PMS. Calcium is also known to help ease PMS symptoms. Getting these nutrients in the required levels may not be possible only through your daily meals. Hence, you can also consider supplements to ease your pains.
Use Birth control pills
Birth control pills with the drospirenone hormone can help ease symptoms of severe PMS. Menstruation is often accompanied by a drop in estrogen levels that can lead to migraines. Regular of birth control pills also regulates your hormones and hence avoids these fluctuations. It also keeps your ovaries from releasing eggs every month and hence reduces the intensity of the associated cramps.
Talk to people
You are not alone when it comes to PMS. Instead of keeping quiet about your discomfort, talk to people who may be experiencing something similar. Sharing your problems will introduce you to new ways of dealing with it. You could also get online support though various discussion groups. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Oranges are a winter favorite and one of the most loved fruits around the world. The fruit is low in calories, it is good for the skin, the nervous system and the digestive system and it also lowers the risk of many diseases. It can be also included in our diet in several ways- from a morning snack to exotic desserts. Here are a few benefits of oranges:
1. They are good sources of vitamin C - Humans are unable to produce vitamin C endogenously, which is essential for our body and so it needs to be included in your diet. Vitamin C reduces inflammation related to arthritis, muscle injuries and also helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases by blocking the oxidation of cholesterol. Oranges are very rich in vitamin C along with other nutrients like vitamin B9, vitamin A, calcium, and potassium.
2. They are an excellent source of fiber - Fiber-rich fruits like oranges have been proven to moderate the levels of blood sugar after a meal because of their natural sugar- fructose content. For this reason, diabetic patients can also have oranges without worry. Moreover, the roughage present in the fruit reduces chances of constipation and diarrhea.
3. Help prevent cancer - The fiber content in oranges can also play a significant role in keeping cancer-causing chemical components away from the colon. Moreover, vitamin C helps build the immune system so as to resist cancer cells. The antioxidants may also help with breast cancer, skin cancer, stomach cancer and lung cancer.
4. Improves the quality of sperm - A vitamin called folic acid, which is present abundantly in oranges, helps to improve the quality of human sperm and the locomotive abilities. Folic acid also protects the sperm from most kinds of genetic damage.
5. Can prevent loss of hair - Production of collagen, which is one of the most important proteins in our body, is done with the help of vitamins, especially vitamin C. Collagen keeps the tissues in the hair together. So, oranges and other foods rich in vitamin C can help keep a healthy growth of hair even in your old age.
6. Checks the formation of kidney stones - Juice of citrus fruits like orange can increase the pH value of urine and can lead to increased excretion of citric compounds from the body. This reduces the possibility of the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidney considerably.
7. Promotes brain development - Vitamin B9 and folic acid keep the brain healthy. The polyphenols in orange help in accelerating the learning and memory functions of the brain and facilitate neurological development in the fetus.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello my name is richa shukla. I am 24 years old. My period date was 15 april but I take regestrone two times a day to delay periods from april 12 to april 20 and from april 15 to april 22 I have sex with my husband and I take two unwanted 72 tablets with in this period of time. But my period came on 30 april but it is less than usual and it came during day but absent in night and it lasts only in 3 days. What is this? Is there is any problem or any pregnancy?
Homeopathy is a field of medicine that uses natural resources to make a difference on a long term and on sustained basis. It is used by over 200 million people. This medicinal field can be used to treat acute and chronic conditions, including those that have not enjoyed successful, sustained treatment with allopathic methods. It is known, not to have any side effects, usually. But this efficient system of treatment has also been under fire due to various myths. Here, we clear the air on three of them!
Unscientific Medicines: These medicines are usually termed as unscientific by cynics. The truth is that the metals and minerals contained in the medicines are tested and put under trial before they are released for consumption. The values are recorded on Periodic Tables. The substances also include ingredients like plants and snake's venom. Each medicine's symptoms and accidental allergies are recorded and put forth with a perspective on human nature. The books on homeopathy are written and recorded on the basis of the symptoms and allergic reactions. Also, many people believe that the medicines are simply water as they are diluted solutions. These medicines are diluted with a method called Succussion, which makes a dose potent with the help of vigorous shaking. While higher potency drugs are given to those suffering from an emotional state of belief regarding an ailment, lower potency medication is prescribed for those suffering from severe cases.
Training: It is a major myth that Homeopaths do not really undergo proper medical training. The truth is that all these doctors have to go through a four year long process of training via courses offered at accredited colleges and universities. Further, the course also includes modules on Pathology, Anatomy and other fields like Materia Medica and Homeopathic Philosophy. By the time the training is over, the doctor is like any other doctor in any other field. Further, with constant research and practice, the doctor can become even more of an expert within ten years.
No Proof of Efficiency: While it is a well known fact that homeopathy efficacy cannot be tested by standardised methods, due to the personalisation of the medication for each individual, it is also true that the efficacy has been proven with 180 controlled tests in the past 24 years and 118 random tests in the same time frame.
It is important to know your facts before you decide to go with a certain field of medicine. With homeopathy, there will be a lot of focus on the human mind as well as the ailment for an inside out approach.