Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shanti JeyaseelanYour feedback matters!
Are black stoll normal during pregnancy. My wife she didn't had upto 4months when she turned 5 th month doctor prescribed iron related tablet is it because of that reason she getting this colour.
What is the difference between pregnancy week and gestational week because it shows that in 14 weeks of pregnancy fetus weight should be 43g nd in my usg it showed dat on my 14wk nd 06 days of gestational weeks my fetus weight was 102g. I am really confused. Is my fetus weight normal. Or there is something to worry about. Please help wid a proper and clear advice.
Hi im 5 months pregnant. All blood reports came normal. What precautions should be taken for zika virus. Which fruit is rich in antioxidants.
I'm on medication, I have pcos, trying to conceive with normoz, medical, ova plus n progynova n naturogest tablets, had slight bleeding 5 days before my periods ,is it that I conceived implantation?
I am 2-3 weeks pregnant .I need to end this pregnancy. I have consult a local doctor and scanned, And she give 1 medicine for swallowing and 4 medicine for placing in bottom. I want to know the side effects and future pregnancy problems and any other risks.
Hi I am 27 year old 5 months pregnant. So I want to ask ask if I controlling my hunger will it affect my baby or no second I have problem or acidity and synus so care I have to take. Also there is so much of heat ib my body. My all report s are normal.
Hi Last month my period was on 23rd may this month I did not gt my period I did a pregnancy test and I got d positive and but I dont have any symptoms like pregnant women ?
A cut on your skin can be seen by the naked eye, but injuries and infections to internal organs are not so easily visible to the eye. The procedure to view and operate on the body’s internal organs is known as an endoscopy. An endoscopy is performed using a flexible tube with a camera attached at one end known as an endoscope. This is inserted into the body though a natural opening in the body such as the mouth or through a small incision on the body.
While the camera gives the doctor a view of the internal organs, forceps or a pair of scissors can be used to operate or remove tissue that needs to be biopsied. Since an endoscopy is performed without making large incisions, it negates the development of scarring.
Types of Endoscopies
Endoscopies can be used for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. It is also one of the means for early detection of cancer. There are 11 main types of endoscopies which include:
1. Arthroscopy: This is used to get a closer look at joints. In such cases, the endoscope is inserted into a small incision near the joint being examined.
2. Bronchoscopy: This procedure is used to examine a patient’s lungs. It involves the insertion of a scope into the nose or mouth to give a view of the lungs.
3. Colonoscopy: In this procedure, a scope is inserted through the anus to get a view of the colon.
4. Cystoscopy: When the bladder needs to be examined closely, an endoscope is inserted through the urethra. This is known as a cystoscopy.
5. Enteroscopy: This is a procedure where the scope is inserted through the mouth or anus to get a look at the small intestines.
6. Hysteroscopy: Here a scope is inserted through the vagina to get a look at the inside of the uterus.
7. Laparoscopy: It is an endoscopy to examine the abdominal area is known as a laparoscopy. This scope is inserted through an incision in the abdomen.
8. Laryngoscopy: This type of endoscopy involves inserting a scope through the mouth or nose to examine the voice box.
9. Mediastinoscopy: By inserting a scope into an incision above the breastbone, doctors can get a look at the area between the lungs. This is known as a mediastinoscopy.
10. Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: Examining the esophagus and upper intestinal tract by inserting a scope through the mouth is known as an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
11. Ureteroscopy: This procedure is used to examine the patient’s ureter by inserting a scope through the urethra.
1) aswaganda: it is called indian ginseng, has long been used by ayurvedic practitioners as a rejuvenating tonic. It has antiinflammatory, antitumor, anti stress, antioxidant, immune modulatory and rejuvenating properties. This herb fortifies our ability to cope with stress, reduce anxiety, improves mental acuity, reaction time and physical performance.
2). Ginkgo biloba: it is useful for improvements in thinking, learning and memory. Improvements in daily living and in social behavior, and reduced symptoms of depression.
3). Ginseng, fish, beriberies and caffeine enhance memory, attention span and brain function. Caffeine can energize you and help your concentration. It is found in coffee, chocolate and energy drinks.
4). Sugar can enhance your alertness. Not the table sugar. Glucose can offer short-term boost to memory, thinking and mental ability.
5). Eat breakfast to fuel your brain. It may improve short term memory and attention.
6). Fish is a real brain food. There are two major types of efa: omega 3 fatty acids found in cold water fish such as salomon, mackerels, halibut and herring. Omega 6fatty acids are commonly used cooking oils such as sunflower, safflower oils, corn and soybean oil. They are important role in cognitive and behavioral function.
7). Add a daily dose of nuts and chocolates. A well balanced diet rich in micro nutrients is essential for normal brain development in children.
8). Add avocados and whole grains. This reduce your risk of plaque buildup in brain and enhance blood flow, offering a simple tasty way to fire up brain cells.
9). Beriberies are super nutritious. It helps to prevent brain from the damage caused by free radicals.
10). Vitamins, minerals and supplements: the brain boosting power supplements like vitamin b, c, e beta carotene, magnesium and herbs like ginseng, ginkgo, valerian, brahmi, passiflora are promising.
11). Mind/ body techniques such as hypnotherapy, progressive relaxation and biofeedback are particularly well suited to children and adolescents.
12). Get ready for a big day:
1) get a good night's sleep
2) stay hydrated.
3) exercise to help sharpen thinking.
4) meditate to clear thinking and relaxation.
13). Change your thinking: confidence-discipline-believe
1) open your mind to possibilities.
2) have the personal discipline to carry out your plans.
3) walk with your head high and believe in yourself.
4) the power to change is within yourself.
5) if you believe it you can do it.
14) there are some useful bach remedies to over come mental illness.
A) chestnut but: this remedy has two symptoms namely slowness in learning and escapist mentality.
B) sceleranthus: it is useful for unsteadiness of mind and postponing nature.
C) willow it is useful for blaming others for our own mistakes.
D) larch it is beneficial for lack of self confidence.
E) cherry plum it is useful for irresistible temptation and uncontrollable thirst, anger, appetite etc.
Can i conceive early because i am getting small amount of milk from nipples. I got married 2 years back and now i am 24 years old, I had my last period on feb 12. Please suggest.
I am 26 years. I have a history of polycystic ovary. Recently I have gone through miscarriage. My gynaec says that in 7 weeks my baby has no heart beat. I hav 2 gestational sacs. My doctor says it is abnormal so I have to abort my child. It is my first pregnancy. So please suggest me that this wont happen with me again. Kindly advise me.
Antioxidants are substances that help the body protect itself from harmful molecules called free radicals. Free radicals are not necessarily formed by medicines. It needs change to free radicals produced by enzymatic and nonenzymatic reactions/by inflammation and external factors like smoking x-rays, chemicals, industrial pollutants, ozone and certain drugs.
Antioxidants include vitamins C and E, beta carotene and minerals such as flavonoids and selenium; both of which are found in plants. The best kind of antioxidants the human body receives is from fruits and veggies. While flavonoids are found in red wine, fruits and in different types of tea; pharmaceutical companies also sell dietary supplements rich in antioxidants.
Antioxidants and their role in the human body:
Antioxidants play a great role in management, prevention and in the subsequent elimination of diseases such as various types of Cancers, Alzheimer’s and a few arthritis related conditions.
How safe are antioxidants for your body?
Medical practitioners are of the opinion that the best source of antioxidants is your natural sources rather than dietary supplements. Over abuse of antioxidants can be lethal for your body. It is always advised to have plenty of fruits and vegetables each day.
Not only does diet contribute to antioxidants, the body too employs certain mechanisms to protect itself from damage. Antioxidant enzymes such as glutathione peroxidase and superoxide dismutase are few such enzymes. Micronutrients such as iron, copper, selenium, zinc and manganese are required to help facilitate these mechanisms. Inadequate intake of these minerals in your diet might reduce the activities performed by antioxidants; these claims have been backed by scientific studies.