Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShankarYour feedback matters!
My baby is 6 weeks. She does not look at me. But she looks n follows his dad. I feel like emptynes. Is the reason being I lack something .or being c section I was the last to hold her? Does any other pschyology behind.
Hello doctor, my 15 days baby is suffering from constipation from last 3-4 days, and also she is sneezing 3-4 times a day, so please suggest any medicine or any option, thanks.
Constipation in children can be effectively dealt with by monitoring a well-balanced diet. Eating the following things and drinking nearly three liters of water each day can relieve your child from stool withholding.
- Eat these fruits raw: Apples, plums and pears should be eaten raw along with their skins. These fruits are known to contain an average of 4.4 to 3.3 grams of dietary fiber that will further stimulate bowel movements. Apples, pears and plums are rich in pectin and hence help in softening your stool.
- Add nuts to your daily diet: Nuts can help you if you are suffering from constipation. However, nuts should not be consumed in excess as they can make you gain calories. Having a fistful of nuts once in a day could work wonders for your digestive health.
- Have a high- fiber cereal for breakfast: High- fiber cereal for breakfast can give your day a good start. It prevents stool withholding. Cereals in present times no more taste bland. You may add some honey to your child's bowl of cereals; honey acts as a laxative and caters to a person's taste buds as well. If your cereal is not sufficiently fiber dense you may add some flaxseed to every single serving.
- Sweet berries can be of great help: Berries have nutrients that are known to cure symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries should be included in a child's diet. These fruits are rich in vitamin C and vitamin K. They are good for a child's fiber and copper requirements.
- Get a full night's sleep: A full night's sleep is extremely important for good digestion. Improper digestion could be the reason behind continual constipation. Children these days tend to keep awake till late. Children should at least get seven to eight hours of sleep regularly.
In spite of following a healthy lifestyle the problem of constipation may still persist. It is best to consult a professional doctor in such a case. Before seeing a doctor to remedy constipation it is important to jot down certain points regarding your child's health. A guardian must make a list of medications his or her child has been taking by far, a list of symptoms he or she has been facing simultaneously and must also carry a brief record of one's family history. Constipation, if left unchecked, can lead to anal fissures over time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.