Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shampa KaitanYour feedback matters!
Meri wife pregnant hai but me abhi child ni chahta hu, mujhe kya karna chahiye Maine subah ipill bhi di thi lekin abhi tak koi result ni aaya Mujhe samajh ni araha h ki m kya karu.
Recently I hd sex with my girlfriend without using condom but I am sure that I did not ejaculated while having sex. So are there any chances of that she can get pregnant?
Hello Doctor, I have eight month completed in pregnancy. Now I suffered from cold & cough running nose. Please suggest some natural remedies. This cold & cough are harmful for my baby.
Hello I am 25 years female, married. I am using progesterone tablets from day 14 of cycle. Its day 31 and I started bleeding and I am still taking tabs and I had not missed any tablet. Why did my period started and shall I stop taking the tablets from now or continue it? How many days I should take progesterone for getting pregnant? please help bcoz I can't contact my doctor as of now.
Sir agar mai cesare delivery k 28 din bad sex kiya to kya paresani ho sakta he jabki sex k dusre din medam ko white sa kuchh liquid type nikla.
Hi I am suffering from pcod, thyroid and my one fallopian tube is infected. What I have to do ? I am very frustrated now.
Hello mam, mai married hu last month mera period 16 July ko aya tha but is month abhi tk nhi aya maine test bi kiya result negative aya h kya mai pregnant hu.
Does more than one cup of green tea a day causes impotency in women and leads to lack of child birth? I have read this in an article is this true?
Miracle home remedy to reduce hardening of arteries-
You can guard against the heart disease and prevent the deposition of fatty plaques in the arteries by eating honey and cinnamon powder daily as a breakfast spread. Simply eat a slice of high fiber toast with one tablespoon of the spread daily. This miracle remedy reduced hardening of arteries by 74% in the patients.
Sir/mam, Meri Friend h jo unmarried h, age uski 21 year hai. 2 month se uske period me thodi problem aa rhi hai, period aata to h but 2 day me end normally aata hai. But bs 2 day k liye. Constripation ki v problem hai isi ki wjah se. Sir/mam ,plz koi uchit slah dijiye & koi bdi problem to nhi hai na? Jiski wjah se aisa ho rha please details answer dijiye.
I took unwanted 72 before 72 hours today i.e 27 July 2017 around 2 pm in the noon and I see the blood spotting the same day at 10 in the night is it safe? I'm worried please help.
Ovarian cancer is one of the most common cancers in women and occurs in the inner ovarian lining. It is not something that’s easily identified as it has no definite symptoms. In many women, it could be ignored until it has reached an advanced stage. Here, we have come up with a few facts about the causes, risk factors, symptoms, prognosis, and treatment for ovarian cancer.
There are no specific causes for ovarian cancer, other than a genetic condition. If there is a strong family history, it is advisable to talk to your doctor and see how you can use these to your advantage and reduce the risk of developing ovarian cancer. The following could be potential reasons that increase the risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- Postmenopausal women
- Menarche before 12 or menopause after 50
- Never having had a baby
- Use of hormones during menopause
As noted earlier, ovarian cancer does not have specific symptoms. But, a few symptoms could be such as the following.
- Regular bloated feeling in the abdomen
- Abdominal/pelvic pain
- Reduced eating capacity, as a feeling of fullness sets in
- Urination changes including increased frequency and increased urge
If these symptoms are present for 2 to 3 weeks and do not resemble the regular digestive or menstrual problems, it is advisable to get it medically checked. The difference would be that they appear suddenly, do not disappear, and also bring general lethargy, back pain, indigestion, painful sexual intercourse, and menstrual cycle changes.
Questions to ask after the tests
When these symptoms persist, and a medical checkup is undertaken, the patients can a few questions to know more. Know the internal speed. Has the disease involved one or both ovaries? This extent of spread within will determine whether one or both ovaries need to be removed. Find out any external signs, as ovarian cancers can spread to other parts, and they should be checked before treatment and planning the cure/procedure.
Any of the above treatment modes will have side effects in terms of reduced immunity, watching out for recurrence, hormonal effects, etc. Nausea and vomiting would be severe during the initial chemotherapy. Removal of hysterectomy would bring about hormonal changes and increase risk for breast cancer. Understanding these will help in identifying recurrence and altering lifestyle and following up after the treatment.
This would include changes including diet modification, adequate social support, and leading a healthy lifestyle to prevent recurrence.
Factors that can reduce the risk
- Having babies
- Tubal ligation or hysterectomy
- Use of oral contraceptive pills
My cousin also affected by pcos. She instructed by her friend that to take flaxseed capsules Omega 3-6-9. Is that good for health. Suggest which one is good to take?
Hi, I am in a relationship since 3 years and I keep doing intercourse with my boy friend at least 3-4 times a month but currently I am out of station from last 50 days I feel to have intercourse with my boyfriend but he is in soup and I don't want to do with anyone else can you please suggest me how I will avoid that feelings? Thanks.
As human beings are called as a bipedal animal, we must make use of our legs to walk and move here and there which is not at all happening because of vehicle usage and advent of transport media.
Walking a good distance say 3-5 km on a daily basis is must if you really want to get a strong spine, strong legs and good cardiac compliance and resilient body.
In defence, the word'parade' is used and practiced so much so that every defence personnel develops the habit of walking and thus maintain their fitness.
The first thing that the child learns is crawling and then later on standing and walking a good distance and the toddler just run in-house as this is one of the most natural ways of our existence. Remember walking is the first milestone before talking that's how probably walk the talk is more relevant as per the milestone development theory, isn't it!
Daily walking increase levels of endorphins, activates glucagon and reduces insulin thus achieves the best balance and rejuvenation.
Walk is a simple exercise to carry out and during pregnancy, it is safe and more easy to keep good muscle tone.
Cycling too is good leg and back activity but more strenuous than walk.
A girl had sex 2 month before she is also getting her period but her nipples aeronals are becoming dark is she pregnant or there is other please answer me these question.
A phobia is an irrational and excessive fear of an object or situation, according to the American Psychiatric Association (APA). More often than not, phobia involves a sense of endangerment or a fear of harm. For example, somebody suffering from agoraphobia will dread being trapped in an inescapable place or situation.
Here, we discuss 10 most common phobias that people suffer from:
1. Agoraphobia: It is a phobia which is quite common. Almost 2 percent Americans are victims of agoraphobia. It is a fear of open or crowded spaces. It creates a vicious cycle and the sufferer gets panic attacks when nearing any event that necessitates facing such circumstances.
2. Acrophobia: It is a fear of heights. It is an irrational fear of heights or the fear of falling. Close to 10 percent people in the U.S. suffer from acrophobia. In severe cases, a victim may even suffer panic attacks.
3. Aerophobia: It is the fear of flying. Almost 6.5 percent of the world's population has this fear. This phobia is closely linked with agoraphobia and claustrophobia (fear of small and restricted spaces). In extreme cases, this may affect a person's professional and personal life when air travel becomes inevitable.
4. Mysophobia: It is a fear of germs. This fear is also akin to obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). A person may suffer from both these disorders at the same time. Sufferers often become isolated in mysophobia.
5. Claustrophobia: The fear of small spaces, this phobia is common as 5-7 percent of the world population suffers from claustrophobia. This phobia is related to fear of suffocation or the fear of restriction. Very few sufferers seek treatment in this phobia and majority of them go untreated.
6. Cynophobia: The fear of dogs is called cynophobia. Many people fear dogs and there is no harm in that. But cynophobia is an extreme and uncommon fear about dogs. It is one of the most common animal phobias in the world. It is estimated that about 36 percent of the sufferers seek treatment for cynophobia.
7. Trypophobia: It is the fear of holes. It sounds absurd to be afraid of holes, but for a trypophobe the mere sight of a hole is enough to press the panic button as he becomes quite restless and almost reaches on the verge of a collapse.
8. Astraphobia: The fear of thunder and lightning is called astraphobia. It is true that thunderstorm and lightning can make even the brave run for cover, but for an individual suffering from astraphobia, it is altogether a different case. Starting in childhood, this fear can continue into adulthood.
9. Ophidiophobia: The fear of snakes is known as ophidiophobia. One may think how fearing snakes can be termed as a phobia as almost everyone is scared of snakes. But for people who suffer from this phobia, it becomes impossible to indulge in hiking, camping and related activities.
10. Arachnophobia: The fear of spiders afflicts a lot of people in the society with 30.5 percent of them dwelling in the U.S. alone. This is an extreme fear of spiders and other arachnids like scorpions. This causes a lot of embarrassment to the victims.
A little of fear and phobia is normal. However, when it goes beyond control and begins to affect the daily activities of a person, it becomes a concern. Phobias are mental conditions which qualify for intervention. One should see a psychiatrist if faced with an extreme phobia of any kind. In fact, phobias are mostly related to anxiety disorder in a person.