Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shailesh Puntambekar
Submit a review for Dr. Shailesh PuntambekarYour feedback matters!
According to the American Cancer Society and Colon Cancer Alliance, colon cancer, which is also referred to as colorectal cancer is regarded as the third most commonly diagnosed cancer type as well as the second most important reason of cancer death in the U.S. affecting both men and women. But thankfully, colon cancer can be prevented by changing the food habits.
It is also important to get regular screenings through colonoscopy, which will help you to determine the early or precancerous stage that can be treated with the removal of cancerous cells. Colorectal cancer is deemed to be cancer-related to the food habits and it can be prevented by correcting the same. Here are the top ways through which you can help your condition naturally:
- Reduce the amount of red meat consumption: Health studies reveal that people who eat red meat on a regular basis are more prone to developing colon cancer. This is because the chemicals required to digest this food damage the DNA material which in turn is the main reason behind the cause of cancer.
- Increase the amount of garlic intake: By consuming more garlic, you can reduce the risk of developing different types of cancer, particularly those of the gastrointestinal tract. Garlic is rich in anti-bacterial properties that can block the pathways of cancer causing elements and boost the repair as well as reduce the proliferation of cells. It is also high in selenium and sodium content which are beneficial for the overall health.
- Consume all types of plant antioxidants: The bright coloured fruits and vegetables, as well as herbs and spices, can greatly contribute to adding a wide array of antioxidants in your regular diet. Foods that are rich in anti-oxidants include carrots, pomegranates, cranberries, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, apples, cabbage, turmeric, sage, rosemary, saffron, purple and red grapes.
- Cook foods in olive oil: Olive oil is rich in anti-cancer properties and it helps in reducing bile acid and increasing the enzymes that can regulate the growth of the cells on the intestine lining so that tissues can be renewed. Antioxidant compounds called phenolics are present in olive oil and have also proven to be a cancer protective anti-oxidant.
- Increase the consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids: It has been reported by several types of research that a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the occurrence of colon cancer and therefore you must eat a lot of salmon, cod, mackerel and sardines for decreasing the pro-inflammatory levels in your body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My father is 60 year male 63 kg weight suffering from 4th stage cancer which has spread to 7 places and a tumor of 6 cm * 5.7 cm in liver. Medical suggestion is that they can do only chemo. Is there any other option / new technology in abroad or in India which can increase more life expectancy than a normal chemo.
Hi, my mother had breast cancer and she had mastectomy on her right breast. She is ongoing with chemo sessions but she has a history of identifying veins to insert needles. She has restriction of having chemo only on left hand and she has gone through 8 sessions. She is very scared of the needle insertion into her hand and the process getting very painful as her veins thinned and nurses not able to find veins and they are trying it many times by inserting the needle. Is there any spray or cream available as anesthetic to apply before inserting chemo needle so that she don't have to go through pain while finding nerves in her hand. Please advice also if using cream and spray is safe for her before chemo.
What are the possible treatments for Squamous Cell Carcinoma (skin cancer) without side effects. My father is having on on the lower lips. Chemo is bit costly and risky. Can radiation be given? Or is targeted therapy safe?
I had lump in breast which is moveable and somewhat soft. Doctor told to take tests. Wen lab man injected needle to take sample in lump, after that it disappeared. Is there any need to worry?
Sir when should patient confirm that he was suffering from prostate enlargement please say me main symptoms.
Chemotherapy - The answer to cancer is now outdated. It is said that chemotherapy is affecting the immunity of the cancer pts and causing more problems for thee patients with its highly effective side effects.
Homoeopathy can manage the cancer pts well enough if proper medications with dosage and repetations is done.
So dnt be hopeless. We have a lot more to do for the patients suffering from cancer.
Cure can be achieved by thorough homoeopathy treatment without side effect.