Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Seema ShinghalYour feedback matters!
What is gastro endoscopy?
Gastroendoscopy is the visualisation of the oesophagus (aka food pipe), stomach, upper part of duodenum through a gastro-endoscopy. It is also known as esophagogastroduodenoscopy and upper gi gastro-endoscopy.
Gastroendoscopy is an outpatient procedure which means the patient can go home straight after the completion of this procedure.
What is a gatroendoscope?
Gastroendoscope is a highly sophisticated instrument which is having a shaft of 9mm in diameter. It has got a fibre optic bundles passed through the shaft to transmit the light to the tip and the image to the endoscopist.
The adaptation of endoscopes to video monitoring system has been developed to use in computer chip technology and now it is in routine use in all endoscopy suites.
What are the symptoms which could suggest the requirement of a gastro endoscopy?
- Acid regurgitation
- Dysphasia (difficulty in deglutition)
- Water brash (watering regurgitation in the mouth)
- Excessive burping and hiccups
- Pain in the abdomen
- Constant feeling of fullness of the abdomen
- Distention of the abdomen
How can gastro endoscopy help in medical diagnosis?
During routine upper gi endoscopy the entire oesophagus, stomach and prioximal duodenum are examined. And it is very useful in making the diagnosis of:
- Oesophageal cancer
- Oesophageal varices
- Gastric ulcer
- Gastric polyp
- Cancer of the stomach
- Duodenal ulcer and
- Any space occupying region in the upper gi system
What do patients need to do for a gastro endoscopy procedure?
Patient has to be fasted for 6 or more hours to ensure an empty stomach. And it is being done by giving a topical anaesthetic. The anaesthetic is applied to the pharynx (throat) to numb the gag reflex. Sedation may be required for the procedure.
My wife's period comes earlier by 5-10 days every month and the periods are too much painful, also there is some white fluids in the rest of the periods time. Kindly suggest.
I am 34 week pregnant and I have white discharge 4 times a day and pain in urethra is there any problem please suggest.
Hi. I do not want to get my pregnancy news out. I want to keep it to myself. I want to abort the child. Can I use vitamin c capsules for it as I read it on internet. Please suggest me some ways. Is this capsules available without doctors prescription? Please help me.
I am suffering from pcod. Not getting regular periods n if I get them its very scanty n only happens for one day. What is the best solution n who will be the best for me to consult. Im 27 yrs old.
I have pain in my vagina yesterday I did sex so please it's to paining it's not for the first time but yesterday I think I got hurt inside.
Urology is a branch of medicine that focuses on the diseases affecting the urinary tract system and male reproductive organs. The organs that come under the scanner here are the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, and the male reproductive organs (testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate, and penis). Though there is a prevalent misconception that gynecologists are for women what urologists are for men, urology also deals with certain women related health issues. These include overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence. In fact, doctors who specialize in female urology gain detailed knowledge of the female pelvic floor together with intimate understanding of the physiology and pathology.
Here are 9 things you should know as a woman
1. Age related factors affect both men and women: Right around the time when menopause and andropause strike, changing hormone levels affect the pelvic floor, bladder, urethra and vagina in women causing problems like urinary tract infection and incontinence. These conditions are effectively treated by an urologist who can also probe for underlying conditions like kidney stone, polyp, or tumor in severe cases.
2. An overactive bladder is more common than you think: Around 40% women have to hit the bathroom every hour or so owing to this. Simple lifestyle changes like lowering the intake of caffeine and alcohol, in combination with pelvic floor exercises can solve the problem.
3. Women sometimes pee in their pants too: A majority of the female population between 40 and 60 suffer from either stress incontinence (when you cough, sneeze or laugh) or urgency incontinence (leaking when you want to go badly). Urologists want you to know that there are less invasive options and medications available to treat this problem.
4. Walk the exercise path to good health: Exercises for your vagina like kegal are great when done right. You can connect with a practitioner who specializes in toning and the stimulation of pelvic floor muscles to treat incontinence.
5. Pelvic pain: If it is not gynecology then it is urology. A general pain in the pelvic region triggers a visit to the gynecologist first for most women.From menstrual cramps to ovarian cysts, all of this may well be taken care of by your gynecologist too. But when the usual culprits are not the cause for your discomfort, it's time you get the urology aspect examined thoroughly too.
6. Know the difference between UTI and STI: Because of cross symptoms, one often gets mistaken for the other. So check with your urologist to understand the cause and cure of your particular problem.
7. Recognize pelvic organ prolapse: This condition is defined by a bit of bladder, rectal, or uterine tissue bulging into your vagina. An urologist can provide non invasive options to deal with this.
8. Women can get kidney stones too: This is true, especially when you forget to hydrate yourself in hot climates or high temperature situations.
9. Urology can solve some sexual problems too: Whether it's sexual dysfunction, low libido or trouble reaching orgasm, urology can play its part to help you out.