Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SeemaYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from diabetes and high cholesterol and have developed frozen shoulders in both my arms. I have polycystic ovaries I'm obese.
My cousin suffers from severe lower backache during her periods. Please suggest what to do because she can't bare that backache its so severe. She takes a panadol as a pain killer. It just works for 2 hours. She is 15 years old. Please suggest something so that there is no backache next time. And also tell me that taking a pain killer for the pain causes some kind of side affects in this case?
Keep healthy in winter by including plenty of these 5 foods in your diet. Although there are fewer foods that are in winter season than in summer. Here are 5 of the healthiest winter foods you should be eating.
1. Pomegranates - Chances are you have tasted pomegranates in their newly popular juice form. And from a heart-health perspective, thats probably a good thing. Pomegranate juice is rich in antioxidants (more so than other fruit juices), just a cup daily might help to keep free radicals from oxidizing ldl bad cholesterol, according to a preliminary study in the american journal of clinical nutrition. Oxidized ldl contributes to plaque buildup in the arteries. Another study showed that drinking pomegranate juice might improve blood flow in the heart in people with myocardial ischemia, a serious condition in which the hearts oxygen supply is compromised because the arteries leading to it are blocked.
2. Dark leafy greens - Dark leafy greens, such as kale, chard and collards, thrive in the chill of winter when the rest of the produce section looks bleak. In fact, a frost can take away the bitterness of kale. These greens are particularly rich in vitamins A, C and K. Collards, mustard greens and escarole are also excellent sources of folate, important for women in childbearing age.
3. Citrus - Citrus fruits, including lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruit, are at their juiciest in the wintertime and can add sunshine to the dreary winter. Citrus fruits are loaded with vitamin, one medium orange delivers more than 100 percent of your daily dose. Citrus fruits are also rich sources of flavonoids. The predominant flavonoid in these fruits hesperidin is credited with boosting good hdl cholesterol and lowering bad ldl cholesterol and triglycerides.
4. Potatoes - Potatoes sometimes get a bad rap for being a white starch, thrown into the same category as white rice or white bread. But unlike those other starches, which have indeed been stripped of healthful nutrients, potatoes are foods that contain several beneficial nutrients. They are an excellent source of two immunity boosters .vitamins C and B6, delivering 25% and 29% of your daily needs per medium potato, respectively. They are also a good source of folate, which is especially important for women in childbearing age, and they deliver fiber (4 grams in a medium potato, women need 25 grams daily and men need 38 grams). If you can find purple potatoes, you will get an added health boon as they are rich in anthocyanins antioxidants that are linked to a host of health benefits, from lowering cancer and heart disease risk to quelling inflammation.
5. Winter squash - There are many varieties of winter squash including butternut, acorn, delicata and spaghetti squash and they all are excellent choices in the winter. One cup of cooked winter squash has few calories (around 80) but is high in both vitamin a (214 percent of the recommended daily value) and vitamin c (33 percent), as well as being a good source of vitamins B6 and K, potassium and folate.
Doctor, Since 3 month I am doing sex with my partner but till now she is not pregnant please do the helpful to me.
My LMP was 7th septmber 2015 but I did intercourse on 22 october 2015. how much week am I pregnant and can I do abortion now? And until which date I will do abortion?
In an incredibly fast paced and unhealthy lifestyle of the modern world, irregular menses aren’t exactly an unusual situation. The length of a monthly cycle may either last longer than usual or end earlier than usual, only to begin in a short while again, accompanied by greater abdominal pain and blood loss. Irregular cycles may vary from 8 to 21 days or more. The variation of 21 days or more is considered highly irregular and abnormal. A woman may face some menstrual irregularities at both ends of menstrual life, (onset- menarche and end of cycle- menopause) which is normal and in most of the cases, it is self-establishing.
Causes of Irregular Menstrual Cycle:
The cause of irregularities in menstrual cycle is basically hormone imbalance. The altered levels in the body lead to irregular cycles. There are many factors in routine life which affect hormonal balance. Some of them are:
- Poor diet or wrong dietary habits
- Stress and anxiety, thoughts and emotions
- Lifestyle: Lack of physical activity and exercise, too much physical exertion, stress and strain during menses.
- Illness: Long-term illness like fever, tuberculosis, thyroid problem etc.
- Medication: Certain medicine if taken for a long time, like oral contraceptive pills, hormonal therapy etc., alters hormonal balance.
- Imbalance of Tridosha (vatta, pitta and kapha) in body, leads to irregularities of reproductive system.
As per Ayurveda, Vatta is the main culprit in menstrual irregularities.
How To Deal With Menstrual Irregularities:
With the sudden acceptance of eastern concepts of yoga and organic and indigenous medicines around the world, Ayurveda has gained importance in treating irregular menses, gynecological and obstetric problems.
- Lifestyle and Food- There is no alternative for lifestyle and food habits correction. Eating healthy and nutritious food, regular exercise, yoga, physical activity, outdoor games lead to good physical health.
- Meditation and Breathing: Exercise is good for taming hormones. It keeps a person physical and mentally healthy.
- Avoid heavy physical work during menses.
- A good oil massage over body keeps Vatta in balance (one of the important tridoshas of body: vatta, pitta and kapha).
Ayurveda has proven to be much helpful in regulating the menstrual cycles. According to certain studies, Ayurveda came in rather handy while tackling Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), a disease distressing 1 in 3 women today. It is certain that Ayurveda medicines work better in certain scenarios and definitely have fewer risks in comparison to allopathic medicines and surgeries. Over a period of time, they have proven much more beneficial in overcoming the irregular menses and the irritation along with the accompanying pain and PMS symptoms. Ayurvedic medicines use herbs and roots and almost everything found in nature to discover a rather organic cure for diseases. Certain plants like Shatavari are used to reduce the much spoken about mood swings or PMS symptoms during periods which can only worsen in case of an irregularity. The bark of the Ashoka tree has proven to be quite helpful in relieving menstrual pain and excessive bleeding. Other plants and their parts like the Lodhra, Guggul, Guduchi and Amlaki, Jatamansi etc. are useful in regulating periods and reducing the stress and irritation accompanied by it.
Panchkarma- Basti therapy (Enema- administration of medicines through rectal route). In this treatment, decoction of different herbs and medicated oils are used for giving enema. Basti has proven its efficacy since centuries, for treating Vatta. A course of 5, 8, 15, 30 or 60 basti, as per person’s requirement can be given for menstrual problems. Irregular periods, although are faced by a large chunk of women, pose different symptoms for different people and hence individualized treatment is advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
- Fever : Ayurveda advises do not have to take any food in presence of fever, and then after give decoction of Chirayata (Kirayata) often and often.
- Chronic Fever : Give Guduchi Satva churna 1 to 2 grams thrice a day with cow milk in chronic fever.
- Poison : Poisonous effect carried out from any insects; give 1 – 2 grams powder of Shirish Seed every two hours.
- Baldness : Firstly remove all hairs from scalp and then after apply paste made from ashes of elephant teeth and Rasvanti.
Iam suffering from vaginal discharge thick n smelly light abdominal pain and pain in right side below rib continuing pain in right leg, ichthing burning sensation in urine.
Meri 23 years h.mera weight 44 kg h.meri height 5" hai. Mujhe doctor ne pcod batya hai. Mere period delay hota. Pr doctor kaha hai koi dawa nhi lo. Uske side effects hote hian. Jo baadh mey problem krte hian. Kaha hai exercise karo. Aur tension bilkul mt lo. Thik hojaiye ga. Meri ek prblm main tension bohat leti hoon. Pr ab bohat control krti hoon. Aur maine ek month se exercise bhi ki hai. Toh is month mera period within 35 days mey hi aaya hai. Maine Google kiya cyst ke baare kaafi information niklaali hai toh pta chla hai. Ki bohat sey home remedies se ye cure ho skta hai. Jaise flaxseed, almond,aur walnut ko grind krke uska powder. Early morning mey empty stomach mey lukewarm water mey mix krke lena hai. Aur cinnamon powder ko bhi ayese hi Lena hai. Aur kuch khaane ke baadh. Apple cider vinegar ko water mey mix krke lena hai. Kya ye saare remedies correcthain. Aur uska koi sideeffect nhi hote hai. Aur bhi bohat si chiz hai. Jaise drumstick, aur uska fruit aur leaves. Aur Tulsi leaves. Kya ye sb lena thik hoga. Mujhe suggest kr dein plzzz. Aur koi natural ways hi bataien cure hone keliye. Mujhe koi medicine nhi leni. Mujhe natural ways hi suggest Karen. Aur home remedies hi batein. Eagerly waiting for your for your useful suggestions.
What should be done if I get to know about pregnancy after 15 days of intercourse and I don't want to have it ?
Hi, My wife is 10 weeks pregnant. She has got infected with chicken pox 3 weeks ago. Will there be any problems for the baby? Should we choose to abort? She has hormonal problems to conceive, and one side fallopian tube is blocked. Can you please put some suggestion on this? Thanks
I had a unprotected sex with my boyfriend and after that I took ipill! Is there change of me becoming pregnant?
During pregnancy 8th week . We did sex n I leave semen into vagina. Is there any problem to baby or mom.
Hello. Sir /madam my friend have some problem during toilet. Blood bleeding during toilet.Please tell.
A before meal technique would be to have a tsp of linseed with water. It brings in the much needed lubrication required for constipation.
Consuming hot water with sour lime juice and half a teaspoon of salt added to it would be beneficial in treating constipation.