Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SeemaYour feedback matters!
I have some sex problems in my wife. She is satisfied soon and her disease no more only one time. I wanna grow her sex stamina Please give me a solution.
I am 31 years old, I dont have kids after 5 years of marriage, i' ve low, 20 mln sperm count and my wife(30 years old) has irregular period cycle, she has undergone endometerosis for the same. What do you suggest us ?
Meri saadi ko 5 mahine hue hai. Maine apne husband k saath bina safety sex v kiya bt av tk pregnent ni ho paai hu. During sex jo pani ata hai wo mere vagina me k bahar nikal jata hai. Kya koi problm hai mjhme ya mere pati me. Kya mai maa ni ban sakti. Saadi k phle bhi maine kai baar self sex kiya hai. Sir plzz answer me.
I have a high temper issue. I pick up fight for very small things .as I am pregnant will it effect the health of my baby or will it effect my baby mentally. Pls help.
I am 18 years old and I have severe period pain. Doctors said that my uterus is damaging. Can it be cured. Please help me.
If woman is taken .late period medicine for particular purpose sudden have unprotected sex .so if she taken goin for unwanted 72 .any kind of problem will occur.
I am 19 years girl I had unprotected sex on 24th and I had my periods today my usual dates of periods are in next month 8th to 10th am I pregnant. Or am I safe my boyfriend haven't ejected sperm inside me.
During pregnancy, it is not uncommon for women to contract thyroid diseases like gestational hyperthyroidism and gestational hypothyroidism. The main problem, however, is that the symptoms of gestational hypothyroidism are very much similar to those, which can be observed during a normal pregnancy. The difficulty in differentiating between the two is the sole reason why many pregnant women are caught unawares, eventually resulting in further complications after the first trimester.
If gestational thyroid diseases are left untreated, you and your baby may experience a ton of problems such as preeclampsia, low birth weight, miscarriage and premature birth amongst others. Needless to say, if you already have a history of pre-existing hypothyroidism, then you will most certainly need more medical attention than is required.
Symptoms of gestational hypothyroidism, like high fatigue and excessive weight gain, are hardly distinguishable from those associated with a normal pregnancy. Other symptoms can also include:
- Severe constipation
- Muscle cramps
- Trouble sleeping
- Hair loss
- Dry skin
- Difficulty in concentration
- Memory problems
- Intolerance to cold temperatures
There may be a variety of causes that are responsible for the development of gestational hypothyroidism but the most common cause is usually an autoimmune disease known as Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which stimulates the body's immune system to attack thyroid gland cells, leading to a deficiency in the number of active thyroid cells and enzymes, and ultimately resulting in a shortage of the thyroid hormone.
Treatment for gestational hypothyroidism is normally uncomplicated, and follows just two simple steps:
- Proper diagnosis, via the use of a synthetic hormone called levothyroxine, which is very much similar to the hormone T4 produced by the thyroid.
- Continuous monitoring of thyroid function tests held every four to six weeks during pregnancy.
Did you know your health could depend on how clean your fridge is? The person's fridge can be the marker of his good health or his bad health. Most of the times, people neglect cleaning their fridge or just randomly stock up their fridge without organizing the food in correct compartments. An unclean refrigerator can contribute to spoilage of food and drinks due to an unhygienic environment.
The following measures can make you healthy:
- Temperature Control: Make sure you control the temperature of your refrigerator from time to time according to the storage requirements of the foods. Lack of temperature control can make your fridge a breeding ground for harmful bacteria and viruses. Milk products and meat have certain storage requirements therefore, temperature control is recommended to prevent spoilage and allows you to use food in the proportion required and store the rest.
- Organization of Foods: Storing the foods in correct compartments can actually keep them fresh for a long time. It is wise to organize the storage of your foods in a way so that the ones which are highly perishable are kept in the coldest area. Keep milk products, vegetables and poultry in separate places to avoid food spills. Make sure you store the foods in proper containers so that they don't drip and mix with other food.
- Prevent Growth of Bacteria: Cleaning your fridge is of vital importance to prevent the growth of bacteria or any other virus. An unclean refrigerator can induce growth of parasites thereby increasing the risk of food poisoning and other problems. Fermentation or frequent curdling of milk products can be a sign of an unclean fridge. Make sure you clean your fridge regularly to avoid contamination of your food.
- Get Rid of Expired or Rotten Food: Cleaning the refrigerator on a regular basis can help you get rid of expired foods and rotten vegetables. It often happens that food gets spoilt inside the fridge due to lack of temperature control, improper storage or simply because it was left inside for a long time. It is best to check the contents of your fridge routinely and get rid of any food which gives out a stink or has changed color in ordered to keep the other foods in good condition.
The above points will ensure you eat more healthy and in turn, will result in a better overall health!
Related Tip: "Why Cleaning Your Fridge Will Make You Healthy"
I am 31 years old, I recently had a miscarriage on 10th of May. Undergone a POC (Karyotyping. My report says Monosomy 15. What does that mean? Will there be genetic abnormality in future pregnancies.
There are three stages of caring for an expecting mother: prenatal, intranatal, postnatal care. This is essential to ensure smooth pregnancy and labour and to keep the mother healthy after giving birth. This care is a combined effort between the doctor and the expectant couple. Here are a few things to keep in mind if you are expecting an addition to your family.
Prenatal care from the moment you realize that you are pregnant, a woman must start taking extra care of her body. This reduces the risks in your pregnancy and at the time of labour. But even before planning a pregnancy, it is important that couples should consult with the doctor, in order to avoid any complications in future. Thus, you should ensure that regular check up not just during the pregnancy, but also before the pregnancy is equally important, so that your doctor can rule out complications arising due to factors, such as Thalassemia, Thyroid, Blood Sugar and PCOS, etc.
The main objectives of prenatal care are:
- To maintain the health of the mother
- Detect high risk cases
- Foresee complications and find ways to prevent them
- Reduce anxiety associated with delivery
Thus, an important part of prenatal care is to visit your gynaecologist regularly. These visits will be scheduled according to your age and stage of pregnancy. A few other points to keep in mind are:
- Stop smoking and stay away from passive smoking as well
- Stop drinking alcohol
- Avoid contact with toxic chemicals like insecticides etc.
- Ensure your vaccination is up to date
- Avoid x-rays
- Do not start or stop any medication without informing your doctor first
- Eat healthy food and drink plenty of water
- Exercise regularly for half an hour daily
- Get plenty of rest
- Avoid stress
- Educate yourself about childbirth
Intranatal care refers to care given to the mother and baby at the time of delivery. The main objectives here are:
- Smooth delivery without injuring mother or baby
- Preventing complications
- Delivery resuscitation for the baby
There are a number of ways to deliver a baby and whatever you choose, you must ensure the presence of a doctor at your side, while delivering a baby. Your doctor will determine the position of the fetus and help you through your delivery.
Postnatal care is essential for 6-8 weeks after the baby is born. During this period, the mother goes through a number of physical and emotional changes and thus requires rest, nutrition and vaginal care. The main objectives here are:
- Prevent postpartum complications
- Restore mother to optimal health
- Ensure problem free breastfeeding
Sharing responsibility is essential for the health of the mother, after delivery. Get as much sleep as possible and pay attention to what you eat. Do not try and lose your pregnancy weight instantly. Schedule a checkup with your doctor six weeks after delivery to ensure your vagina has healed properly. Additionally abstain from intercourse at this time. With proper care, every stage of your pregnancy can be a beautiful experience.