Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Agarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex with my bf. But he didn't sperm inside. I have PCOS. Will there be any chance of pregnancy?
How to get normal delivery? What are the terms and conditions following in pregnancy time? How to calculate egg formation period? How to identify chromosome releasing. Guide me. I would like to plan my pregnancy.
I am 20 yrs. Old and I am late in periods by 4 days my final exams are going on. I did never had any sex and this problem of late periods last happened in month of July my length of menstrual cycle is 33 days please tell me the reason of late in periods as it worries me a lot.
Disorders of intimate arousal include several aspects of arousal - physical such as genital lubrication, congestion and sensation, subjective such as interest, distress or interpersonal relationship difficulty. Problems of arousal vary among women and can be classified in the following ways:
- Primary: The woman has never experienced sufficient arousal, even when she has had sufficient desire and sexual stimulation.
- Secondary: The woman has been sufficiently aroused in the past, but currently experiences decreased arousal.
- Non-situational: The problem occurs in all sexual situations.
- Situational: The problem occurs only in some sexual situations.
Common factors for this problem include decrease of estrogens and androgens; diabetes; thyroid and prolactin abnormality, vaginal and urinary tract infections; surgery, radiation, and medication, smoking, alcoholism; chronic diseases and psychological factors such as depression and anxiety. Other factors are negative sexual attitudes, low self-esteem triggered by body image like small breast size, overweight and sexual and childhood abuse. Lack of communication can also affect sexual arousal like if a woman cannot tell her partner how she prefers to be stimulated.
- Partner’s sexual dysfunction is also a major cause, it includes erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation.
- Women with sexual arousal disorder are assessed by medical and detail sexual history and clinical examination, including vaginal and breast examinations. Also talking about distress, attitude to sex, and communication with partner etc.
- Testosterone, estrogens, Prolactin, TSH, Sugar, Hb, TC, DC any other test depending on physical examination.
- Treatment depends on the cause of the disorder, related to physical, psychological, and interpersonal factors. If abnormalities are found in blood tests they are treated by medicines.
- Estrogen therapy in the form of local creams or oral tablets or skin patch is used to improve vaginal lubrication and decrease vaginal dryness. Non medicated lubricants can also be used.
- Drugs like Sildenafil, Tadalafil etc increase genital blood flow. DHEA is claimed to improve sexual interest and genital sensation.
Hyperactive arousal Disorders
Some women experience persistent genital arousal called restless genital syndrome. There is increased genital blood flow in non-sexual situations causing distress. It may be related to depression and anxiety there may be physical causes like vascular, neurologic, pharmacologic, and hormonal. Its treatment involves relaxation exercises, topical anesthetics, avoiding use of medications or herbal and nutritional products. Medical treatment includes antidepressants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I got married last november. I and my husband are trying for a baby. We tried for 4 months but failed each time. He is a seafarer n is now working on ship. He wil be back in this november and I want to conceive. What should I do?
I have just married and want no child for 2 years. My wife have suffering from thyroid problem. My age is 30 and wife age is 28 yr. Kindly suggest me any medication that is safe at both side. Is mala di is safe for that. Kindly suggest me there dose.
Hello, My wife UPT shows Weakly Positive. But we are not planning for baby now. Please advice some medicine to abort the pregnancy.
My wife is 39 weeks pregnant now. She is having so much body itching and heavy body pain. Even she can't control and she can't sleep even a minute. What is the reason behind this symptoms? What is the solution to recover from this? Our whole family worrying about her current status.
My wife age 38 is suffering with diabetes,thyroid since last 2 years. She taking allopathic medicine. Would you suggest ayervedic medicine
Types Of Counselling
Therapeutic counselling: Aims to help people cope with the consequences of infertility and treatment and to help resolve issues which may be caused from a diagnosis of infertility. It includes helping people adjust expectations and move towards acceptance of their individual situation.
Decision making counselling: At significant points during treatment, people may require counselling to help them make decisions involving their management of their treatment.
Supportive counselling: Provides emotional support and assistance to people at times of high stress.
Crisis counselling: Is available to people who experience a crisis or adverse outcome whilst undertaking treatment.
Implications counselling: Counselling is available to enable people to understand the implications of their treatment involving themselves, their family or children born as a result of treatment.