Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sc SharmaYour feedback matters!
My kid 6 years old, when ever whether change she get cough and cold, do we have any good medicine, every time we could not able to use antibiotics, kindly help, thanking you.
My 5 yrs daughter has decreased vision I also got consultation with eye specialist for it he advised for vision glasses sir please tell me how can I improve my daughters vision so that I can remove my daughter's specs as early as possible.
My 11 months old daughter I eat very very less. Milk now seems she is not a all interested does not allow to touch her mouth. Tried everything ragi, orange juice, carrots potatoes etc but she is not willing to eat. Please help what should I do. Her weight is 8.6 kg and she remains active whole day playing only but appetite is really poor. Kindly suggest what I can do. Thanks.
Hi, My son is 18 month old and had chicken pot vaccination today after few hours of vaccination in his right hip his right hand also not moving well. Is the same a relevant after vaccination impact?
I am 15 year old male boy I am suffering from asthma from birth how to cure due to tablets I have become fat what is the cure.
My son age is 4 years old he does not take meal and not interested in any food someone given me advice to use ayurvedic medicine charak" mallon" is this better for his health.
My baby is one year old and she won't eat anything, she loves milk, but she just have one but of food and refuses to eat further. What could I do? How can I make her hunger?
Sir, my cousin's child having a mute and deaf problem by birth. When I saw the doctor at my native (Brahmapur, odissa) he says the left hear have a hearing sensitivity of 70dbm and right 90dbm. Sir, is it treatable to talk& hear like normal persons.
Hello everybody. I'm Dr Pulkit Nandwani. I'm a consultant gynaecologist and laparoscopic surgeon here at Saroj Medical Institute Rohini. Today, I would like to share some information with you about fibroids.
Fibroids are becoming increasingly common these days. They usually occur in the age group of 30 to 40 years of women but can occur at any age group usually at the age group of 30 to 40years.
Now what are fibroids?
Fibroids are usually noncancerous just an overgrowth of the muscle tissue of the uterus. Fibroids are also called myomas or leiomyomas. Now these fibroids can be located anywhere in the uterus. They can be either in the muscle tissue of the uterus or even in the ovaries or from a stem hanging inside the uterus or out of the wall of the uterus by hanging by a stem. The size and location number of fibroids vary a lot and according to them the symptoms depend.
Now what are the symptoms of fibroids?
The symptoms of fibroids depend on where the situation where the fibroid is located, how big it is and how many numbers of fibroids are located. The symptoms can be they usually cause the change in menstruation. The patient usually experiences heavy bleeding with painful cramping and now instead of monthly bleeds. The bleed may come at irregular intervals and at least twice or thrice in a month. There can be pain during bleeding. Other than the painful bleeding, the fibroid can also result in various symptoms. Because of the size and the weight of the fibroid, it might press on the urinary bladder and the patient might experience frequency of urination even pain during urination. Same if it's at the back of the uterus, it might press on the anus and cause painful deification obtained while passing motions. Because of the heavy bleeding patient might land up with low hemoglobin and having anemia and generalized symptoms of anemia like the fatigue, the weakness, loss of strength, loss of stamina, all these are the symptoms of fibroids. Just a pain in the lower abdomen can also be the manifestation of fibroid.
Fibroid can also cause infertility. Patient might find difficulty in conceiving or there are chances if the patient conceives if the fibroid is located inside the lining of the uterus it might cause increased chances of miscarriages. There might be abortions then but the good thing is that fibroids rarely cause cancer. It might twist on itself, cause severe pain and but it rarely causes cancer and grows over a period of time. It slowly grows over a period of time, sudden growth is a matter of danger sign.
Now, what are the treatments available for fibroid?
Fibroid if it is asymptomatic the patient is comfortable it was just the routine diagnosis, need not require any treatment at all but usually fibroids cause bleeding problems. So the most common treatment that we employ is starting the patient on medical treatment, a number of hormonal pills come which regulate the hormones inside the body of the uterus and limits the blood flow of the patient and the patient remains comfortable. If medical treatment is either not successful or by the location of the fibroid we already know that medical treatment will not work as in case if the fibroid is coming inside the lining of the uterus. In those cases the fibroid has to be removed surgically for the fibroid is usually done. If it is coming inside the lining of the uterus even if it is very small or a big fibroid is obstructing, the uterus lining causing pressure symptoms. In that case surgery has to be done. Now for surgery also there are two to three types of surgery which can be done.
- If so patient is young, she has to conceive again and family is not completed, we try to remove only the fibroid. It is known as myomectomy.
- If the patient is elderly age family is completed, it caues a lot of problproblemshere are multiple fibroids, in that case, the modality of treatment is a one-stop treatment in which we prefer to remove the whole uterus in which case it is known as hysterectomy.
- Regularly total laparoscopic hysterectomy fully by laparoscopy is done routinely at the hospital at Saroj Medical Institute for fibroids.
So this is much for fibroid for today. If you have any query you can contact me at lybrate. I am Dr. Pulkit Nandwani or you can even take a consultation appointment at Saroj Medical Institute Rohini, Delhi.
My daughter who is 2 months old Wakes up suddenly like she is scared of something. It happens during the day and night also. It is happening for the past 2 days. After dat she cries. Please let me know what may be the problem.
From terrorism to natural disasters, there are a number of traumatic events that constantly hurl themselves at us. Given the amount of stress it causes an adult, imagine how a child can process this information. Often traumatic events that occur in childhood can trigger phobias and anxiety disorders that last a lifetime if not dealt correctly.
Each child responds to trauma in a different way depending on the circumstances and their age and personality. What is common is that all children turn towards their parents and teachers for support in these situations. Hence, it is important to understand how to help your child deal with traumatic events.
Here are a few steps you should follow:
- Provide comfort: The first thing to do in a traumatic event is to reassure and comfort the child. Reinforce your child's sense of security by following a normal schedule and maintaining regular eating and sleeping habits. Encourage your child to talk and ask questions and discuss the situation with them in a way appropriate to your child's age and concerns.
- Accept their needs: Children show the need for reassurance in different ways. For some, it may be the need for extra physical contact in the form of hugs while for others it may be ensuring that their favourite teddy bear is with them constantly. Be patient with children and indulge their needs in such situations.
- Limit the amount of information available: Media often magnifies a traumatic event making it all the more difficult for a child to apprehend. Children can often be mislead or frustrated by media coverage of a traumatic event. Thus, it is a good idea to limit the use of television, radios and internet. As far as possible do not let your child watch the news alone.
- Stay in touch: If your child goes to school, his or her teacher is the parent figure at school. Stay connected with your child's teachers and the other adults in their life to monitor changes in behavioral patterns.
- Create distractions: If left alone with nothing to do, a child's mind will dwell on the trauma. Encourage them to find a hobby to cope with the negative emotions. Music and art are two good outlets for stress. You could also play board games, read or play outdoors to distract them.
- Get professional help: Sometimes you may need help to deal with a traumatic event in your child's life. If your child shows signs of behavioral changes, academic problems, emotional outbursts, anxiety, depression, insomnia or social withdrawal; you should consult a professional counselor.