Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sawaran GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am a mother. I have 2 month baby. I have a question that. What should I can eat in fruit? And should I can have cold things like ice cream n cold drinks?
My daughter in law is pregnant for 16 weeks. Doctor prescribed Aspisol 75 mg tablet, dose daily one tablet. Doctor said us she has to take this medicine upto 8 months completed. But I have read online regarding aspisol 75 mg tablet, as per information it is unsafe to take this tablet during pregnancy. Please tell me is it safe to take aspisol during pregnancy or should I change doctor?
Monsoons or rainy seasons is though a favourite amongst all, but it also causes a number of health problems. So, here are some specific guidelines regarding what to eat and what not to eat during rains.
Nutritional tips in monsoon:
- Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible.
- Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
- Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
- Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
- Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
- Body's immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, sir fries and curries you intake. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk.
- Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
- Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
- Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
- Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
- Avoid eating fried items, pre-cut fruits and juices from road side vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
- Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Pregnancy me baby movement kitne week se start hota hain? Pregnancy me daily beetroot juice pena chahiye?
Periods time miss hoa iss baar bcoz hmne 1 week pehle sex kiya but mujhe lgta hai ki mai aise koi wjh nhi honi chahiye pregnency ki kyoki uss tym jyada kuch khas nhi hoa tha hmare periods ke time aaj 4 days late ho gye hai aur abhi tk periods nhi hoa why I don't know please help me n suggest something what to do?
Meri sadi ko 20 din huye h jab mai sex karta hun to meri wife ko bahut pain hota h jisse mai sex nahi kar pata hun 20 din ke baad bhi wife ko pain hota h. Sex karne ka unka man rahta h lekin pain ke wajah se sex nahi ho pata h.
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is a very common disorder and refers to a group of conditions where there is an accumulation of excess fat in the liver of people who drink little or no alcohol. The most common form of NAFLD is a non-serious condition called fatty liver. In fatty liver fat accumulation in the liver cells.
A phobia is an irrational and excessive fear of an object or situation, according to the American Psychiatric Association (APA). More often than not, phobia involves a sense of endangerment or a fear of harm. For example, somebody suffering from agoraphobia will dread being trapped in an inescapable place or situation.
Here, we discuss 10 most common phobias that people suffer from:
1. Agoraphobia: It is a phobia which is quite common. Almost 2 percent Americans are victims of agoraphobia. It is a fear of open or crowded spaces. It creates a vicious cycle and the sufferer gets panic attacks when nearing any event that necessitates facing such circumstances.
2. Acrophobia: It is a fear of heights. It is an irrational fear of heights or the fear of falling. Close to 10 percent people in the U.S. suffer from acrophobia. In severe cases, a victim may even suffer panic attacks.
3. Aerophobia: It is the fear of flying. Almost 6.5 percent of the world's population has this fear. This phobia is closely linked with agoraphobia and claustrophobia (fear of small and restricted spaces). In extreme cases, this may affect a person's professional and personal life when air travel becomes inevitable.
4. Mysophobia: It is a fear of germs. This fear is also akin to obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). A person may suffer from both these disorders at the same time. Sufferers often become isolated in mysophobia.
5. Claustrophobia: The fear of small spaces, this phobia is common as 5-7 percent of the world population suffers from claustrophobia. This phobia is related to fear of suffocation or the fear of restriction. Very few sufferers seek treatment in this phobia and majority of them go untreated.
6. Cynophobia: The fear of dogs is called cynophobia. Many people fear dogs and there is no harm in that. But cynophobia is an extreme and uncommon fear about dogs. It is one of the most common animal phobias in the world. It is estimated that about 36 percent of the sufferers seek treatment for cynophobia.
7. Trypophobia: It is the fear of holes. It sounds absurd to be afraid of holes, but for a trypophobe the mere sight of a hole is enough to press the panic button as he becomes quite restless and almost reaches on the verge of a collapse.
8. Astraphobia: The fear of thunder and lightning is called astraphobia. It is true that thunderstorm and lightning can make even the brave run for cover, but for an individual suffering from astraphobia, it is altogether a different case. Starting in childhood, this fear can continue into adulthood.
9. Ophidiophobia: The fear of snakes is known as ophidiophobia. One may think how fearing snakes can be termed as a phobia as almost everyone is scared of snakes. But for people who suffer from this phobia, it becomes impossible to indulge in hiking, camping and related activities.
10. Arachnophobia: The fear of spiders afflicts a lot of people in the society with 30.5 percent of them dwelling in the U.S. alone. This is an extreme fear of spiders and other arachnids like scorpions. This causes a lot of embarrassment to the victims.
A little of fear and phobia is normal. However, when it goes beyond control and begins to affect the daily activities of a person, it becomes a concern. Phobias are mental conditions which qualify for intervention. One should see a psychiatrist if faced with an extreme phobia of any kind. In fact, phobias are mostly related to anxiety disorder in a person.
I have seven year girl and my wife monthly cycle is irregular that is pcod problem and fertility egg are not strong to conceive thas why two time missed abortion. Pl tell medicine or it cure it.
Hello sir / ma'am I want to terminate 6 weeks of pregnancy. Kindly suggest some medication. Thanx in advance.
My periods dates are April 7 May 9 June 11 July 15 Aug 14 Sep 20 Please calculate my days of ovulation. I tried last on 1st Sep but could not conceived.
Hi. I Had my Last period on 14th Dec. I had an intercourse probably on 1st Week n January. Is there a possibility of getting pregnant ?
My friend is experiencing bad stomach cramps during her periods. Can you suggest ways how to minimize this? I also wanna know why she feels sex appeal more during this period!
I underwent a massage treatment in ayurveda that gained me 4 kg weight and changed my eating habits after which I started experiencing more irregular periods that came only 3 months once. The last time (3 months ago) when I got my period I had a fleshy chunky discharge that was 2 inches long. Then I experienced so much of pain in my lower abdomen. Now I am experiencing pain during my bowel movements. And I did not get my next periods till now. Should I wait till everything becomes normal? Or should I get immediate medical assistance? Is there any natural home care that I can follow. For your further information I am a virgin.
Hii sir #Unwanted 72 1 table is enough to stop pregnancy? Or my gf will take 4 tablets in 1 month as per weekly. Plzzz sir reply fast.
Making decisions is an everyday occurrence, be it big or small. We decide when to wake up, what to eat for meals and where we want to go on holiday. They may not be big decision, but they are decisions nonetheless. But sometimes there are things holding us back from making good decisions. Things such as not having enough information on the subject or not having the confidence to see the decision through. Often times we are simply afraid that the decision we make may be the wrong one. Like all thing there are certain steps we can follow to try and make the best most rational decision, they are:
1. Identify your goal:
It is important to identify what you hope to achieve from making this decision. Identifying what the problem is and why it needs to be solved is a great start to making a decision. It is important to know what you want out of making this decision. Identifying this will help making your decision easier.
2. Gather information:
In order to make an informed decision it is important to know all the pertinent information regarding the decision. By doing this you have a better understanding of the problem and how best you can solve it.
3. Brainstorm outcomes:
To any situation there are always several different outcomes to it. Before making any decision, it is important to know all the various outcomes that could happen. Your decision could lead to various other situations. Think about all the different outcomes that could happen see what could happen based on the decision you make.
4. Consider the consequences:
No matter what decision you make there are always consequences to them. Consider what the consequences could be and decide whether your decision outweighs the risks of going through with it.
5. Take action:
Now that you have gathered all the information and thought of the different outcomes and consequences of your decision it is time to take action. Follow through on the option you think is the best one. Once you have made your decision, remember that it too will have certain risks and consequences you will have to face, make sure you are ready for them.
6. Evaluate your decision:
Whether your decision turned out to be good or bad, it is important to evaluate it. Figure out where you went wrong or what could be done better next time. This way the next time you have to make a similar decision you know what needs to be done.