Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saubav SumanthYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from chronic bad breath. Dentist said no problem in mouth n teeth. What should I do. My situation is helpless. Dentist can not understand my problem.
Hi, I am 26 years male. I have a decay in my right side lower jaw last teeth. May I know how much does it cost to fill it?
My age is 20 and gender male my tongue is getting reddish frequently and I am not able to eat hot and chilly substances. so, what should I do.?
I am having teeth gum problem. Maximum gum has become black visible when fold the lips for brushing. While brushing they give pain & maximum times they bleed. What to do in this case? I do not smoke & drink.
I can explain my ulcer is look like res spot. Laal rang k upper huye jo muh khane pr seedhe gale me dikkat h tonsil k same upar tonsil k as peas bhi h.lips k niche bhi isitarah h.
I Have tootache since last 3 days. Increases at night and while drinking liquids. Please recommend some pain killers.
I am 23 female I have braces before now I have a string like brace inside of the teeth. That string got broken when I byte coconut. Its irritating me a lot when i am talking its getting to my tongue and i am getting blood from the tongue. Is there any solution for my problem?
Mujhe gum bleeding ka problem hai, & smelling. 4 years se. Mai Dr. Se bhi mila aur scalling & medicines liye but jab tak medicine leta hu to thik rehta h fir bleeding aana start ho jata h. Morning me so ke uthne ke bad. Tounge pe blood store hua rehta h. Please help me.
I have white patch in my mouth& I take medicine multivitamin cap. From one year but no result. please suggest me.
Chewing a sugarless gum after your meal for around 20 minutes freshens your breath and also make the leftover food particles cling to it.
My teeh are yellowish, why so, and in my lower jaw inner side get tartar like reddish deposition which were gets cleaned two times, I never use smoke or tabbacoo. Please suggest me.
One of the landmarks of a child's development during the first year is the eruption of the little white pearls. The first tooth breaks into the mouth, somewhere between six months to one year of life. The entire set is in place in a baby's mouth by about 20 months of life. Though called deciduous teeth as they fall off after a certain period of time, the last of the milk teeth remains in the mouth up to 12 to 14 years of age.
Listed below are some points outlining the significance of milk teeth. It assumes importance, given that many a times, parents ignore injury and/or decay to these with the assumption that these are anyways temporary and a new set will be in place later.
- Eating: One of the primary functions of the milk teeth is to aid in chewing or mastication and digestion. Though not as strong as their permanent counterpart, they do play a great role in chewing and digesting the food. Children with malfunctioning teeth, especially molars, (missing or decayed) can result into poor nutrition.
- Speech development: The milk teeth play a critical role in the speech development, and speech abnormalities can be seen in people, who do not have an effective set of milk teeth. It is common to see children in whom the front teeth in the milk set are not properly positioned, there could be speech problems like lisping.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, a good set of white, pearly teeth adds to the beauty of a child's smile. This plays a major role in boosting the child's social behavior including acceptance and confidence levels.
- Space Maintenance: The milk teeth maintain and preserve the space required for their successors. In case where a lost tooth is not replaced, the space may not be sufficient for the permanent one to erupt, and this may even stop the permanent one from erupting. The result could be a blank space where the milk tooth is lost without the successor erupting into the mouth due to lack of space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- Enforce a regular oral hygiene routine including rinsing after each meal or snack, brushing twice a day, flossing and use of mouthwash
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis regular cleaning followed by fluoride paste application if required; this will also reduce the onset of dental caries. Early caries can be identified during these visits and treated before onset of pain.
- Chemical sealants may be used if the pits on the teeth are deep and can get decayed easily.
Visit your dentist regularly to know more and to maintain these pearls.