Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satish Kaushik
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Satish KaushikYour feedback matters!
My hip mussels are week Mera accident ho gya tha Hip neck me fracture tha Abhi fracture heal ho gya hai 1 mahine se lekin hip mussels kamjor hain Chalne me dard hota hai Kya karna chahiye.
I am mathan. I have a question for my mom. Her age is 46. Last few months she is affected by cholesterol. She is not even eat having like cholesterol food. Now she has taking medicines. Whenever she will get back pain and stomach pain she will having tablet. Is there any easy way for controlling cholesterol. What are the foods she needs to avoid it. Kindly please give me the description for my question.
Hi I am male 35 from India. I have a pain on my left side and it’s give me a left arm pain. I had 8 to 9 ecg and a stress test also. But all my ecg came normal and stress test report was also normal. I have cervical spondylosis. And have a back pain also. I have a cholesterol (total cholesterol is: 234,(ldl is 159)(hdl is 50.88)(triglycerides is 150.62) is my cholesterol level are life threatening?
I have pain in my left leg around knees. I got my Xray done and everything is normal. Still I get this severe occasional pains. I am on heavier side and my homocysteine level is also 35. Suffering from anxiety and palpitations. Please advice.
Hello! Mera left knee ma bahut dard hai. Aur mera weight 94 hai mere age hai 35 year hai give me good suggestions to me.
My wife having backpain (sever) from Feb 2014. L4-L5 Disk Shows diffuse posterior buldge with posture-central protrusion more left side compressing bilateral traversing nerve root & indenting bilateralexiting nerve root more on left side. Liagmentum flavum hypertrophy andfacetal arthropathy adds to secondary canal narrowing at same level. Since Feb 14 taken medical treatment from Spine Specialist in Pune. Also have ayurvedic treatment for 8 months. Pain reduced to some extent. Having a problem for sitting on floor. Advice for complete cure.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.