Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sarita GulatiYour feedback matters!
My paracardiotomy done in April 2012 due to constrictive pericarditis. Is the cut marks of operation are disappear in future or not?
Palpitations is the feeling that you experience when your heart beats abnormally. Heart palpitations can be felt in the form of rapid, fluttering or pounding heartbeats. They can be frightening as when you palpate, you heart beats so hard that it even skips a beat and the sensations are so strong that they can be felt all through your chest, neck, and throat.
Palpitations are also common especially in young people because of abnormal electrical circuits in heart from birth. However, they may have normal hearts on Echo. Such palpitations are curable by a nonsurgical methods called Radiofrequency Ablation.
Palpitations can be triggered as a result of a number of reasons like stress, certain medications, exercise etc.
Here are a few prominent causes of heart palpitations.
Causes unrelated to the Heart -
- Anxiety, fear, and stress
- Consumption of alcohol and drugs like caffeine, nicotine etc.
- Consumption of street drugs likes cocaine, amphetamines etc.
- Certain medical conditions such as thyroid, anemia, dehydration, low blood pressure and low sugar levels etc.
- Hormonal changes that occur as a result of menstruation, pregnancy, menopause etc.
- Certain nutritional and herbal supplements
- Certain medications like asthma inhalers, diet pills etc.
- Abnormal levels of electrolyte
- Sensitivity to certain food items like some carbohydrates
Causes related to the Heart -
- Coronary artery disease
- Prior instances of heart attack
- Congestive heart failure (a condition wherein your heart's chambers get affected)
- Problems associated with the heart valves or the heart muscles
Immediate Relief Mechanisms-
It is crucial to go to the most easily available doctor to get an ECG done during palpitations as ECG will give an exact diagnosis, which helps in identifying the clear line of treatment.
Here are a few techniques that can help you in getting immediate relief from heart palpitations until you are able to visit a doctor in case of a serious condition.
- Cough it out
- Splash cold water on your face or take a cold shower
- Practice slow, deep breathing exercises
My blood pressure always increase right now it is 185/85. Taking med. Eritel LN40 Remylin D and Lycopy. please suggest.
I am 65 year old male. I have kind of tinittus problem for last 7-8 years in my left ear. Initially there was small ringing noise. I took complamina and other medicines to improve blood circulation. The problem subsided for some period after that. Last year I had to undergo angioplasty operation and after that I have to take daily statin/ecosprin and blood pressure tablet. For last 6 months the problem of hissing sound has suddenly increased. I can actually hear a rhythmatic sound related to my pulse. Please advice.
HiI have severe Chest pain since last 4 days. Actually I got pain in a luxury bus while sleeping at night. Bus jumping on the a bump and I got injured . Heart I am taking pain killers since 2 days but pain is still as it is. N I feel lots of pain during sleeping, sitting, when I m changing my side while sleeping, while deep breathing. I haven't consult doctor yet. So is this the muscular pain or any kind of heart pain? What should I do?
I have chest pain since one year. Doctor prescribed medicine, betalocker and eltroxin. My report a ECG normal. Tsh 6.0.From one year am facing this problem please help me. I have to use tablets all of life.
I am 24 years old, height 6 ft, weight 80 kg, male, suffering from high blood pressure some time 160/100, some time 136/88, I am not taking any medicine, what should I do? what type of yoga is suitable for me?
Hi my name is karina gupta. I have high blood pressure problem. What type of activity help in this. Is yoga is really helpful dietwise what is good supplements.
What are symptoms seen in angina pectoris, which are the drugs used to treat angina pectoris, what are the side effects of that drugs, we want to take any precautions for it?
I am 28 year old. I have consistently elevated blood pressure over several weeks. Lowest reading was 155/98mmhg. I am overweight and have diabetes and am treated with metformin. Should my drug therapy be initiated for hypertension?
I have congestion in chest for long time. A green colour rubber type substance comes out when in breathe or sneeze? While hanging upside down I feel something flowing down my nose water with green colour. Will nebulizer help in melting the same? Which nebulizer and medication to use for treatment.
Arteries are the blood vessels that carry oxygen to various parts of the body. Proper functioning of the arteries is directly related to well functioning organs as without oxygen, no organ can work well. There are many reasons due to which blockages and waste materials are stuck in these blood vessels. It is essential to clean them on regular basis, there are several food items available easily that cleanse the arteries naturally!
1. Tea- green tea is known popularly as an antioxidant that keeps your health and weight in check. But it is also a very strong cleanser of your arteries as well. Black tea too, one that has flavonoids in good proportions is also considered as an excellent cleanser of the artery.
2. Sesame seeds- sesame seeds have natural cardioprotective substances that are not only good for the artery but are very beneficial for absolute heart health. Sesame is majorly known for preventing the occurrence of atherosclerosis. Apart from that, sesame helps in cleaning all blood vessels.
3. Turmeric- any blockage or damage to the artery is immediately addressed by the turmeric that we consume regularly. It cures the damages almost immediately, preventing any aggravation or infection. Including turmeric in good proportions in daily diet is considered as a complete option to tackle any problems to the arteries.
4. Fruits- fruits are extremely beneficial both for the cardiovascular and blood health. Fibrous fruits especially are related to the arteries. Researchers suggest that having fibrous fruits first up in the morning, on an empty stomach ensures that all the arteries are cleaned and its functions are proceeding in the right manner.
5. Olive oil- fatty acids like omega-3 and omega-6 present in olive oil are excellent plaque removers. Consuming olive oil increases the omega substances in the body, so when something is about to harm the artery, they intervene and cleanse it completely.