Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sarita ChoudharyYour feedback matters!
If a person is suffering from malaria, he/she will have recurrent attacks with the following symptoms which one experiences within 10- 4 weeks after bitten by the mosquito:
Severe or moderate chills
Heavy sweating as body temperature falls
In some cases the parasite causing malaria can stay dormant for months.
Other common symptoms:
Infection caused by P. Falciparum parasite is usually more serious and may become life-threatening. It is imperative that you consult a doctor as soon as you experience these symptoms.
Prevention of malaria
Avoid mosquito bites by wearing full sleeves clothes.
Use mosquito repellent cream.
Use insecticide-treated mosquito nets.
If you are travelling to a mosquito infested area carry preventive medicines along. Talk to your doctor before the journey.
Stay inside after sunset in mosquito infested area.
Spray insect repellent indoors around sleeping areas.
I am 27 years old married woman and I am having itching and swelling around my vagina from past 3 days. What is this?
Vaginal yeast infection occurs when too many yeast cells grow in the vagina, causing inflammation. It can spread by sexual contact but is not considered as a sexually transmitted infection. A yeast infection results in soreness or itching in the vagina with a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes of yeast infections in the vagina:
The vagina contains a balanced mix of yeast and bacteria; but if the balance is disrupted, it can lead to yeast infection. The reasons for overgrowth of yeast infections are:
- If antibiotics are used more than usual, they can decrease the level of lactobacillus bacteria present in the vagina, changing the pH of vagina
- Having high estrogen levels during pregnancy by using high dose birth control pills and hormone therapy can lead to the overgrowth of yeasts.
- Having diabetes, especially when the blood sugar level is not checked and tends to be high
- Having a weak or impaired immune system
- Being overweight and having poor eating habits, including foods high in sugar level
Risk factors associated with the condition:
A number of factors can increase your risk of getting a vaginal yeast infection.
- Using antibiotics heightens your risk of developing vaginal yeast infection as it disrupts the balance between yeast and bacteria. Excessive intake of antibiotics can kill healthy bacteria, leading to overgrowth of yeast organisms.
- Having a weak immune system with conditions such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV can lead to an overgrowth of yeast in the vagina. Corticosteroid medicines also weaken the immune system.
- Wearing pants that are tight-fitting, nonabsorbent and undergarments that trap warmth and moisture
- Having high estrogen levels due to an imbalance of hormone levels during pregnancy or menstrual cycle can also lead to vaginal yeast infection.
The amazingly complex herb, ashwagandha, happens to derive its name from the two sanskrit words, "ashwa" and "gandha".It is an exquisite herb, which can significantly cater to your body in more than one way due to its numerous health benefits.
Here are some of the most common advantages and risks of consuming this herb.
- Enhances your brain: Ashwagandha is an antioxidant and helps keeping free radicals at sea, and prevents them from damaging your brain cells.
- Fights emotional imbalances: Sudden emotional imbalances and even more sudden mood swings are probably the biggest and the most imminent problems of the youth today. Ashwagandha cuts out the stress stimuli and has a soothing effect on you, thereby making sure your emotional imbalances do not come in the way of your well being. Ashwagadandha can naturally lower cortisol levels.
- Cures wounds: Ashwagandha is also believed to cure your physical wounds, and a controlled amount of this herb, is believed to save you from one-sided paralysis of your body.
- Is anti- cancerous: Ashwagandha, according to a few studies, acts as an anticancer agent because it helps in slowing down the growth of cancer cells and cancerous tumors.
- Treats insomnia: Ashwagandha has its rejuvenating properties as well, which help in calming your nerves down, relieves you of your stress. It is considered to be an effective tool in treating patients with insomnia.
- Helps in weight loss: Cortisol not only acts as a stress hormone in the body, it can also make you fat. Ashwagandha is known to naturally lower cortisol - the stress hormone.
- Lowers Blood sugar levels: Ashwagandha also potentially decreases fasting blood sugar levels, which means that it may also help to improve glucose metabolism.
But, like every other herb, ashwagandha also has some risk factors associated with it.
- Pregnancy issues: According to a few studies, this herb can have an adverse effect on you if you are a pregnant woman, putting you at the risks of stillbirth. Though there hasn't been much research to back up this fact, it still remains one of the largest concerns during pregnancy.
- Hyperthyroidism: Certain studies claim, that ashwagandha can majorly contribute to hyperthyroidism, although even this, hasn't been proven. So, if you happen to be patient of hyperthyroidism, you should consult a physician before consuming the herb.
Hi Doctor, I am 25 years old female. I am trying to conceive for last 2 years. I have PCOD problem. 10 months back I was pregnant with the help of hcg injection. But unfortunately it was got miscarried after 5 weeks. My doctor suggested me to take Duphaston 10 mg tablet for day 16-day 25. My 2 cycles are over after taking this treatment (Feb 2017 & March 2017). But no luck yet. This is my 3rd cycle. I do not have another health issue. Is there any possibility to get conceive this month? Why it was not happening with last 2 months?
Hello sir/madam. My blood group is B -ve and my husband blood group is B+ve. How many chances are there to get pregnant? Thanking you in advance.
Good day sir .my wife is prgency her last period was 9th jan 2017 we tested 15th Feb it was positive Dr. Said she is present. .we are in 120 km away from native now we are in work place hence we want to go her house it's safe? traveling is any danger this time? 4 month back her 1st prgency aborted this is 2nd time please help me. If she can travel by car slowly?
Trichomoniasis is an infection that is caused by a parasite and is transmitted sexually. This disorder is characterized by symptoms of itching in the genitalia, smelly discharge from the vagina and pain while urinating. This disorder may also result in premature birth in case of pregnant women.
The symptoms of this disorder are:
1. Redness around the genitals, which may cause intense itching
2. You may experience pain during sexual intercourse and urination
3. A smelly colored vaginal discharge
4. You may experience discharge from the penis
5. A burning sensation during ejaculation and urination
6. A constant feeling of irritation in the penis
Causes behind it
The disorder is caused by a parasite known as Trichomonas vaginalis. Certain factors increase your chances of contracting this disorder; them being:
1. Engaging in unprotected sexual intercourse
2. If you have had an episode of Trichomoniasis
3. If you have been affected by STI/STDs before
4. Having multiple sex partners can certainly augment its chances
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this infection.
Avoid engaging in sexual activities once the condition is diagnosed.
If you are, it is always advised to use latex condoms during intercourse to decrease your chances of contracting this disease.
Avoid engaging in sexual intercourse with multiple sex partners. If this disorder is not treated, then it may increase your chances of getting affected by HIV as well.
It also tends to cause an early rupture of the membranes in pregnant women; resulting in premature delivery.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Sir, the prega news can give a accurate pregnancy test, my g.f is checked two time day by day and it will give same result means negative sign. Is this correct? Sir due to some social problem we can not go to lab test, and her period is going 9 days late, please suggest any medicine to start period.
I have a irregular menstrual issue. Where ill get heavy stomach & back pain. And its not proper. Kindly suggested me good and healthy food. Were I dnt want to undergo any treatments.
Hi! me and my girlfriend got physical three months ago and nothing had happened serious between us. We do not have intercourse. But I got worried. So she took ipill. And someday later we do pregnancy test and it was negative. Then after three months her stomach start bloating. She does not miss a period in three month. She only feel that her stomach is bloating no another symptoms of pregnancy. So we are worried that is she pregnant or not.
My Friend kid died in her womb just 4 days before from her Delivery date. So Dr. did cesarian and took the kid. She is too upset nowm kindly let her to know when she can pregnant again? Dr. told to her that she can pregnant after 6 months but others are told that she has to wait for 1 1/2 yrs.
A drastic change in the life style habits and this modern world people face many health issues in their daily life. Obesity is one of the major health issues that most people are affected with.
Obesity or being overweight is a condition characterized by excessive storage of fat in the body. When the body's calorie intake exceeds the amount of calories burned, it leads to the storage of excess calories in the form of body fat. Increased body fat puts a person at risk for many critical conditions such as heart disease, liver damage, diabetes, arthritis and kidney problems.
The most common cause of obesity is lack of physical activity, intake of excessive carbohydrates, fatty and junk food items. It might be even due to pathological or hereditary cause. Ayurveda gives many natural home remedy measures to reduces the body weight and get rid of obesity.
In Ayurveda, obesity is known as Medarog, which is caused by the aggravation of Kapha. Kapha is an Ayurvedic humor which is dense, heavy, slow, sticky, wet and cold in nature. It governs all structure and lubrication in the mind and body apart from controlling weight and formation of all the seven tissues - nutritive fluids, blood, fat, muscles, bones, marrow and reproductive tissues.
The Ayurvedic line of treatment for obesity begins with the pacification of Kapha Dosha. This can be done by eliminating Kapha-aggravating foods from the diet. Next, the treatment also focuses on cleansing of the Medovahi channels through cleansing herbs so that excess weight can be reduced.
Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Salacia Reticulata (Kotahla Himbutu),Garcina cambogia (Vrikshamla), Commiphora Mukul Resin (Guggul) and Nigella Sativa are the commonly used Ayurvedic medicines to cure obesity.
Natural Ayurvedic home remedies for obesity
- Lemon juice and honey: The best and simple way to reduces weight is drinking one cup of warm water mixed with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey in empty stomach.
- Triphala powder: Mixing two teaspoon of triphala powders a natural herb easily available at homes with 500ml of water and allow it to boil for 5mins. Strain the liquid and drink it regularly to burn the excessive fat stored in the body.
- Make cabbage as your best friend: Take one cup of cabbage daily. Cabbage contains tartaric acid and this helps to convert the sugar and other carbohydrates into fat.
- Vyaayaama: Simple exercises are also much essential to be done alone with other remedial measures to reduce the body weight
- Avoid Sugar: Avoid white sugar and starch from diet. Prefer brown rice and other cereals in the diet.
- Control your excessive eating habit: excessive eating of junk and fast foods is the most important cause of obesity. This should be avoided and learn to eat healthy and right food at regular interval. Have only three meals per day. Diet controlling does not mean fasting so it is best advised to have small meal at regular interval.
- Herbs: Herbs like Bibhitaka (Terminalia belericia), amla (Emblica officinalis), Guggul , Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) are effective for reducing the body weight.
There are many other naturally occurring items that feature prominently in Ayurvedic treatment for obesity. The key aspect to understand here is that Ayurveda stresses on the natural and easy ways in which one can lose weight without having to undergo mental or physical stress and strain.
I am suffering from thyroid, pcos,ovarian cyst. Feeling very low. Ache in lower abdomen. Haemoglobin is also 10 not feeling good. Feeling very week. With vomiting sensation. Last week I get my pp sugar is 170 .i want to know ki ab m kisey dikhau. Body pain bhi h.
6 Changes in your body you can expect during the second trimester of pregnancy
The second trimester (starting from the 4th and lasting through the 6th month) of pregnancy is considered to be the easiest for a woman. During this time, your energy is at its peak and instances of fatigue and morning sickness are less severe. Your baby, on the other hand, continues to develop inside your womb.
In addition to these, you can expect big changes within your body during the second trimester, which include:
1. Backaches: The additional weight that you gain during these past few months begins to bear down on your back, making it achy and tired. For relief from pressure, there are certain things that you can do such as using a chair that offers strong support to your back; sleeping on the side with a pillow placed in between your legs and wearing shoes that come with solid arch support.
2. Bleeding gums: Hormonal changes occurring during this period bring about a greater flow of blood to the gums, making them extremely sensitive and prone to bleeding. The gums don’t remain tender for long and return to their normal form after delivery. But during these three months, make sure to use toothbrushes with softer bristles and being gentle when flossing.
3. Congestion and bleeding of the nose: In addition to making your gums tenderer, hormonal changes also bring about the swelling of mucous membranes that line your nose. These changes can lead you to have a stuffy nose as well as may even cause your nose to bleed very easily. To clear any nasal congestion that may occur during this period, you should use natural methods or saline drops obtained from a chemist.
4. Hair growth: Pregnancy also sees your hair growing rapidly due to the action of the hormones on the hair follicles. Additionally, you also experience hair growth in places where hair is sparse. To remove unwanted hair, you should stick to tweezing or shaving, waxing and the use of depilatories aren’t recommended by medical experts as they aren’t considered safe for the baby.
5. White vaginal discharge: White vaginal discharge during this time is very common. The discharge ensures that harmful yeast or bacteria don’t breed in your private areas. But if the discharge takes on a foul smell and a green or yellow colour, you should immediately consult a gynaecologist as you may be down with a vaginal infection.
6. Leg cramps: A very common occurrence during the second trimester, leg cramps usually last through the last leg of pregnancy, which is the third trimester as well. The reasons behind their occurrence may be hormonal, weight-related or deficiency of magnesium and calcium. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.