Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sarika AggrawalYour feedback matters!
Hey doctor mine thyroid all normal report came yesterday T3=132 T4=7.6 Tsh=3.49 But also i'm not conceive doctor told to me periods after 10 days we have to do ovary test evaluation will be going every month or not she told to rest now mine periods started yesterday so she want to check for pcos please tell me doctor i'm waiting.
Hi Doctor, I am 23 years old. I was married 2 years ago. My husband is in air force. He often came home. First year of our marriage we don't want to have baby. So we use protection (condom). After one year we want a baby so we avoid protection. But after one year I still can't conceive. Many times we get intimate on the peak time of the maturation cycle (12-18 th day). But still I am not pregnant. Both of us, have done our tests. But all the reports are normal. Please suggest me something doctor which increases my fertility. I want a baby. Please help me.
I am 24 year old female. I am pregnant but my tummy is not grow too much. Please tell me what should i do?
Usually my periods lasts five days but this month I was bleeding for more than 5 days and I visited doctor on 10th day. Doctor gave me tablet called ETOSYS and asked me to take that for 4 days in the morning n evening and get back of the flow didn't stop. As it didn't stop I went back and had a pelvic scan and was diagnosed with PCOD. Doctor gave me a tablet called DEVIRY 10 mg and she told me to take that for `15 days only in the night it's already been 6 days since I started taking deviry I am still bleeding and bleeding heavily. She told me to take the tablets even if the bleeding stops n stop taking after 15 days n I should again get my periods after 2nd day of stopping the in take of deviry. My question is that, why m I still bleeding even after taking deviry for 6 days already. My total period days counts to 20 days considering today. Kindly let me know if deviry can stop the bleeding or will I be bleeding for all 15 days. Or should I even take ETOSYS.
Hi doctor. I am 19 years old female. My periods have always been normal until I missed in the month of April. My last period was on 11 march 2016. I had a lot of exam stress so I attributed it to the same. However I did an ultrasound which did not show any abnormality in my ovaries whatsoever. Then on 4 june 2016 I took tab estrogen and progesterone and got my period on 10 june 2016. I again missed my cycle in july and went for a hormonal profile which showed that my LH waz 26.47 and FsH 7.07 and PRl 28.09. My endocrinologist said you have PCOS although I do not have any other symptom other than a bit of weight gain. He started me on metformin 500 mg and gave diving 10 for 7 days to induce periods which I did not get even after waiting for 15 days. So today I went to an ob/gyn and he said to increase metformin to 1 g and take krimson 35 for a month or two and check. I am really worried. Is this a very big issue? Will it affect my fertility in any way? Web makes PCOS look like something very evil. Please help.
Hello doctor, I can completely insert my middle finger into my vagina. When I try for 2 fingers middle n index together then half of the fingers are inside. I feel I can insert still more but I am scared to. My hubby can insert hardly 1 n half inch of his penis into me. I don't feel any pain. But he can't insert fully and he ejaculates there. Will I be able to conceive like this? How can I get deeper Penetration? Please answer my questions.
We have been trying for 4 months. I have not conceived yet. This time we had sex on the day I ovulated and from then we have not done it, to check whether this time I conceive or not. I have not observe any early pregnancy symptoms. I am little worried. What to do?
Hi my name is Ravikiran. Actually my friend had a sex with her on 9th april, after sex she had taken unwanted 72 tablet also but she is not got her periods till 45 days, what would be the problem.
I had sex on last day (23rd nov) of my period which started on 20th nov. But now I am experiencing early signs of pregnancy can anyone explain this. I will take a test tomorrow morning and once again in case I miss my period this month (only if it is negative). I have a 36 day cycle. So I should be expecting my period around 23rd of this month.
Common Cause of Infertility in Females
- One of the two ovaries releases a mature egg.
- The egg is picked up by the fallopian tube.
- Sperm swim up the cervix, through the uterus and into the fallopian tube to reach the egg for fertilization.
- The fertilized egg travels down the fallopian tube to the uterus.
- The fertilized egg implants and grows in the uterus.
In women, a number of factors can disrupt this process at any step. Female infertility is caused by one or more of these factors.
Ovulation disorders, meaning you ovulate infrequently or not at all, account for infertility in about 25 percent of infertile couples. These can be caused by flaws in the regulation of reproductive hormones by the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland, or by problems in the ovary itself.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).In PCOS, complex changes occur in the hypothalamus, pituitary gland and ovaries, resulting in a hormone imbalance, which affects ovulation. PCOS is associated with insulin resistance and obesity, abnormal hair growth on the face or body, and acne. It’s the most common cause of female infertility.
- Hypothalamic dysfunction.The two hormones responsible for stimulating ovulation each month — follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) — are produced by the pituitary gland in a specific pattern during the menstrual cycle. Excess physical or emotional stress, a very high or very low body weight, or a recent substantial weight gain or loss can disrupt this pattern and affect ovulation. The main sign of this problem is irregular or absent periods.
- Premature ovarian insufficiency.This disorder is usually caused by an autoimmune response where your body mistakenly attacks ovarian tissues or by premature loss of eggs from your ovary due to genetic problems or environmental insults such as chemotherapy. It results in the loss of the ability to produce eggs by the ovary, as well as a decreased estrogen production under the age of 40.
- Too much prolactin.Less commonly, the pituitary gland can cause excess production of prolactin (hyperprolactinemia), which reduces estrogen production and may cause infertility. Most commonly this is due to a problem in the pituitary gland, but it can also be related to medications you’re taking for another disease.
My friend is 17 year old and she passing through menstruation cycle she is suffering from extreme pain in abdominal and waist area and her menstruation cycle doesn't go on periodically sometimes it occurs twice a month. So please suggest what should she do.
Good hand washing is the key to preventing the spreading of common infections.
Generally, as a child, we hear from our parents repeatedly saying that ,'WASH YOUR HANDS PROPERLY'.
We might think that they are nagging , but it is very important to keep germs away.
So, Follow these simple steps to keep your hand clean:
1. Use warm water ( avoid cold or hot water).
2. It's not imperative to use antibacterial soap every time , ever regular soap insufficient.
3. Rub your hands together well and scrub all surfaces of hand . Lather up on both sides of hand , wrist , between your fingers, around your nails. The ideal time you should spend washing is 20 seconds.
4. Rinse well under warm running water and pat dry with clean towel.
Sometimes, excessive hand washing can cause dryness, so use mild soaps for washing , pat rather than rubbing with a towel for drying your hands and apply moisturising lotion afterwards.
Take care of above points, next time you wash your hands.
I really want to switch birth control pills, ive been using yasmin for almost 7 months and I am not pleased. Too many side effects and made me lose weight when I wanted to gain. I am 20, I suffer from depression and anxiety, what birth control pill can I switch to instead of using yasmin?
Hi doc, my wife is 6 months pregnant and I want to know can we have sex or not if yes then till which month we can have?
Sir mere mises ka pichhle month 9/02/016 period aaya tha lekin is month abi tak nahi aaya hai to mujhe kab pregnancy test karna chahiye please reply.
Severe stomach pain and it's being more than 30 days and I didn't get my periods yet please any suggestion in getting it.
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment which focuses on treating the cause of the disease rather than the symptoms. There are Ayurvedic remedies, which boost the immune system that keeps the body healthy. A well-functioning immune system is essential for your body to be in optimal health.
The various Ayurvedic tips that help in boosting your immune system:
- Use spices in your food: Various spices such as cumin not only add flavor, but also have certain properties which help in boosting immune system. They aid in the digestive process and allow the nutrients in the food to be absorbed more readily.
- Choose wisely: You must eat natural foods as much as possible for a healthy immune system. Eating processed foods creates various problems in the body which reduces your immune strength. Eating natural foods also provide your body with the necessary nutrients and vitamins, which are beneficial for the body.
- Limit alcohol intake: You should restrict alcohol consumption as it impairs the functioning of white blood cells in the body. It also impairs the oxygen delivery mechanism of the body.
- Exercise on a regular basis: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy. Exercises such as running improves your cardiovascular endurance and increases stamina levels in the body.
- Sleep: You should get 6 to 8 hours of sleep to help your body recover and regenerate. Lack of sleep can impair the functioning of the immune system and makes you prone to various disorders.
- Herbs: Various herbs such as ginger, garlic and amla help to boost your immune system as they contain various medicinal properties. They increase the white blood cells in the body which enhance the immune system.
- Meditation: Meditation has been linked with lower stress levels; implying that it has a beneficial effect on your body.
- Pranayama: You should practice pranayama as it helps in strengthening the body and calming the mind. It reduces stress in the body thus enhancing your overall well-being.
How to get normal delivery? What are the terms and conditions following in pregnancy time? How to calculate egg formation period? How to identify chromosome releasing. Guide me. I would like to plan my pregnancy.
Menopause brings about a lot of changes in a woman's body. It not only signifies the end of her fertility and child bearing days, but it is a sign of growing age and the body progressing in a new direction of aches, pains and vulnerability. While some of these are natural, others can prove to be dangerous as it significantly increases the risk of heart disease (unlike common myths, women do get heart attacks). The risk factor is also goes up if the woman suffers from diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure. One of the widely known, but well ignored fact remains that women with a sedentary lifestyle increase their risk and vulnerability to all of these diseases. A family history in heart disease can also turn into a risk factor when menopause sets in.
The natural age of menopause is considered to be around 50 and when a woman reaches this age, the estrogen levels in her body experience a sharp drop. This hormone is partly responsible in maintaining heart health in women. Other factors that are triggered during menopause include changes in body fat distribution from a gynoid to an android pattern, reduced glucose tolerance, abnormal plasma lipids, increased blood pressure, increased sympathetic tone, endothelial dysfunction and vascular inflammation.
Experiencing menopause? Here's how you can lower your risk of heart disease
A healthy lifestyle never comes by accident, only by choice. And this is an essential key in controlling diseases that come as a side effect of menopause too. Here are some thing you can do:
- Walk / Exercise: This isn't a 5-day week practice. You need to exercise throughout the week in order to maintain heart health. It helps your heart to pump blood through your body and also reduces risks to other diseases like high blood pressure and cholesterol. One key benefit is that it helps keeps the weight off - that should be good reason to walk an extra mile.
- Choose a healthy diet: Most people mistake a diet to be about not eating the things you really like. A good diet can be made very tasty and can also be portioned in such a way that it leaves less room for craving. As always avoid the junk, deep fries and extra helping of cheese.
- Hormonal therapy: There has been contradicting evidence on hormonal replacement therapy for estrogen can lower the risk of heart disease. Some women continue to be advised this treatment based on their particular case history, especially for women who undergo surgical menopause (when the uterus and other reproductive organs many have to be removed due to life threatening conditions like cancer).