Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SarfrajYour feedback matters!
The most common ear infections happen because of bacterial or viral growth in the middle ear, the part which lies just behind the ear drum. Middle-ear infections can be very painful and children are most commonly reported in children. Most of these infections are caused by the blockage of the Eustachian tube, which connects the ear and the throat, causing the build-up of fluids and swelling. Here is a guide to the most common forms of ear infections and their symptoms, ranging from the acute to the chronic.
Acute infections have intense symptoms but can be cured with time and treatment. They generally last for shorter durations.
In Chronic cases of infections, the patient complains of recurrent symptoms multiple times. Chronic ear infections have the potential of causing permanent damage to the ear.
Symptoms reported by most patients with Ear infections:
1. Pain in the ear (Mild to severe): This is caused due to increased pressure owing to the blockage of the Eustachian tube. Collection of fluid inside the ear would increase the intensity of pain in most cases. Children will keep tugging at their ear and most likely be cranky.
2. Redness and swelling: Both of these are inevitable accompanying symptoms in case of any infection in the body.
3. Oozing of the fluids: The blockage leads to the fluid being released from the ear which can be watery, thick yellow or mixed with blood depending on the severity and type of infection.
5. Difficulty in sleeping.
6. In some cases when the infection spreads, difficulty in balancing the body is experienced as body balance is maintained by ears.
7. The patient might also experience increased irritability.
8. Ear infections can also cause a hearing problem if the condition continues to go untreated.
Ear infections should be promptly dealt with to prevent long-term damages. So here is what should be done when you have ear pain symptoms.
1. Consult an ENT who will prescribe pain medication as the first line of treatment.
2. After the necessary tests are done, antibiotics are prescribed in most cases by the doctor. Other medications for palliative treatment (to ease the symptoms) are administered. However in a few rare cases, the infection might be because of non-bacterial causes in which antibiotics might not cure the state.
3. In case the problem keeps recurring, one must visit the doctor again and get further tests and treatment done.
As prevention is always better than cure, care should be taken to avoid all chances of carrying the infection to your ear. Maintain cleanliness in and around, especially in the case of children.
From morning I am having sore throat, inflamed pharynx but no inflames tonsils. But the swelling is way too much accompanied by redness and pain while eating and in normal condition also plus I have mild fluctuating fever somewhere between 97 & 100. General physician has recommended cefprozil 500 in the morning but ENT doctor said that it won't work so he recommended cefuroxime axetil 650. What should I take now?
I'm 22 years old male and have skin allergy I have been used clobeta gm for a couple of days but there's no result what should I do now? Please give me either The tablets names or ointments names which gives the permanent result.
Hello sir I have cold from 2-3 days nd it didi not thik Now I feel very colsy nd alall time so pls tell me how to ahel. Dheu d.
Diabetes mellitus (DM), ordinarily known as diabetes, is a collection of metabolic diseases, in which there are high glucose levels over a drawn out period. Side effects of high sugar include regular urination, expanded thirst and increased hunger. On the off chance if left untreated, diabetes can bring about numerous complicated situations. Diabetes is caused due to the fact that either the pancreas are not delivering enough insulin or the cells in the body are not reacting legitimately to the insulin produced.
Counteractive action and treatment include keeping up a healthy routine, customary physical activity, a typical body weight and avoiding usage of tobacco. Control of blood pressure and proper maintenance of feet is important to individuals with the infection.
The usual side effects of untreated diabetes weight reduction, polyphagia (expanded yearning), polyuria (increased urination) and polydipsia (expanded thirst). A few different signs and indications can check the onset of diabetes despite the fact that they are not particular to the ailment. Notwithstanding the known ones above, they incorporate foggy vision, weariness, moderate mending of cuts, headaches and irritated skin. Various skin rashes that can happen in diabetes commonly known as diabetic dermatomes.
In order to prevent diabetes, changes in the dietary routine are highly recommended. This includes the maintenance of a diet rich whole fibers and grains and the polyunsaturated fats found in nuts, vegetable oils, and fish. Reducing sugary refreshments and eating less red meat and different sources of immersed fat can likewise anticipate diabetes. Active smoking is additionally connected with an expanded danger of diabetes. Therefore, reduction in smoking is advised.
Being a chronic disease, except in very specific situations, there is no known cure for diabetes. Management of diabetes focuses on keeping glucose levels as near to normal, without bringing on low glucose. This can more often than not be achieved with a sound eating routine, exercise, weight reduction, and utilization of proper drugs. Being informed about the disease and effectively taking an interest in the treatment is essential, since inconveniences are far less normal and less serious in individuals who have very much well maintained glucose levels.
Individuals with diabetes can profit by educating themselves about the disease, treatment and good nutrition to accomplish a typical body weight and work out, with the objective of keeping both short and long term blood glucose levels within adequate limit. In order to control blood pressure, lifestyle modifications are recommended.