Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sapna PancholiYour feedback matters!
She is suffering from pcos from long time. And she had completed her 1 month treatment of 3 month. And she had a 5 day period last month. Will you please tell me all the type of symptoms of getting better. What is the way to be prevented from this pcos next time.
Normally a man can do sex how many times in a day regularly. I am 29 year old and able to have sex with my wife once in a day, sometimes two. What should I do to cure it and with whom I should concern.
I took mifegest kit but some tissues were left so I had d & c so what are the precautions to be taken now what can I eat and what rest should be taken.
Hello mere left breast mein kabhi kabhi pain hota rehta. Chabke se lagte rehte h, kai bar aisa lagta h jaise koi thandi cheez ander gyi h.kai bar puri breast mein dwab sa feel hota h please help me.
Hi I'm pregnant 22 week so yesterday stereo vomiting and I have burned in my stomach please give me advice.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is the condition when a woman's sex hormone levels get imbalanced. This can cause women to have irregular periods and may also have an impact on their fertility. Women suffering from PCOS also tend to grow small cysts in their ovaries which can also lead to severe health problems like diabetes and heart disease, if left untreated.
What causes PCOS?
The exact cause of PCOS is not known. However, the condition may be triggered by hormonal imbalances and genetic factors. Women are more susceptible to developing this condition if their mother or a female family member also has the condition. Excessive production of androgen, which is a male sex hormone, may also lead to this condition. Women suffering from PCOS tend to have high levels of androgen. The formation of eggs and their release during ovulation can be delayed by high levels of androgen. High androgen levels may result from excess insulin present in the blood. Poor lifestyle and irregular eating habits contribute to obesity which intern leads to increased insulin resistance and hence delayed ovulation and irregular cycles leading to infertility.
What are the symptoms of PCOS?
The type of symptom in case of PCOS varies from person to person. Since PCOS is characterized by low levels of sex hormones, this condition may lead to symptoms such as:
- Excessive hair growth on stomach, face, chest, toes and thumbs
- The breast size starts to shrink
- There is a change in voice, making it deeper
- There is excessive loss of hair from your scalp
- Sometimes the face is filled with acne and the skin turns oily
- There are fertility problems like having trouble in ovulating or recurring miscarriages
- Frequent depression or mood swings
- Facing breathings problems while sleeping
On examination, findings in women with PCOS may include the following:
- Virilizing signs
- Acanthosis nigricans
- Enlarged ovaries: May or may not be present; evaluate for an ovarian mass
Lifestyle modifications are considered first-line treatment for women with PCOS. Such changes include the following:
Pharmacologic treatments are reserved for so-called metabolic derangements, such as anovulation, hirsutism, and menstrual irregularities. First-line medical therapy usually consists of an oral contraceptive to induce regular menses.
If symptoms such as hirsutism are not sufficiently alleviated, an androgen-blocking agent may be added. First-line treatment for ovulation induction when fertility is desired are letrozole or clomiphene citrate. [2, 3, 5]
Surgical management of PCOS is aimed mainly at restoring ovulation. Various laparoscopic methods include the following:
Only 12 days have passed since my last periods But on 13th day a little bleeding started And from the past five days After urinating little bleeding starts please advise.
Winter is the time when your immunity is low. The body's metabolism is also low as the body wants to conserve energy.
It's that one time when you feel lazy to hit the gym and want to reach out for comfort foods like pastries or salty foods.
Try to avoid refined flours and go for whole grains like wheat, bajra, nachni.
Avoid simple sugars in excess.
Include at least 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
Include a protein source in each meals like dal, pulses, dairy, nuts, eggs, lean meats etc.
Drink at least 2 to 3 liters of water per day.
Include healthy fats like ghee, nuts, dairy in your diet.
Include hot soups, kheer, kanjis, dal soup or pani etc in your diet.
Exercise at least 3 times a week.
Hypertension during pregnancy can be a problem for both baby and the mother. Thus it is of utmost importance that during pregnancy a good health should be maintained along with controlled blood pressure and cholesterol levels. With an increase in multiple births and women of older age the risk of hypertension during pregnancy has increased. But if proper care is taken it can be avoided.
Types of Pregnancy Hypertension:
There are three prominent forms of hypertension that can be seen during pregnancy. The pregnant ladies should be aware of the same. These are:
- Preeclampsia: This is the most common and serious hypertension during pregnancy. This hypertension can only be controlled by delivering the fetus, which usually involves complications like death of the mother or child. This occurs 20 weeks after pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: This form is only prevalent during pregnancy and is not a problem for the mother or baby after delivery. This usually occurs in the last leg of the pregnancy
- Chronic hypertension: This form forms either prior to the pregnancy or before 20 weeks of the pregnancy.
Management of Pregnancy Hypertension:
Hypertension during pregnancy can be handled by the following:
- In case of severe hypertension, blood pressure medication should be continued during pregnancy.
- If you are on ACE inhibitor type medication, then the medication is changed to one that is even safe for the baby.
- Your doctor might like to monitor you daily and can advise hospitalization for a few days
- If medication is missed, it might lead to uncontrolled life threatening hypertension. Thus the medication should not be missed at any time.
- In case of mild hypertension and absence of other diseases like diabetes and kidney disorders, the doctor might stop the medication or reduce the dose. Also, being off medicine does not cause any problem in mild hypertension.
- Irrespective of the hypertension being mild or severe, the prenatal appointments should not be missed, so that the doctor can monitor you and the baby. So that problems, like rise in blood pressure, poor fetal growth, and signs of preeclampsia can be spotted and steps can be taken for the same.
- In case there is some form of hypertension present the prenatal visits and lab tests will be more.
- Apart from the usual second trimester ultrasound, there will be periodic ultrasounds in the third trimester to monitor the baby's growth and the amniotic fluid.
- Also regular fetal tests and Doppler ultrasounds will be done to track the baby's growth.
- Lifestyle changes should be made. Salt intake should be limited, fresh food instead of processed food should be consumed.
- If blood pressure is high then doctor might ask you to avoid exercise especially if you never did before pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
A woman when gets married has dreams of making a beautiful family. This family gets completed when a baby enters the loving world of his parent's care. The dream of becoming a mother is the most desired one for a woman. Those, who for some reasons are not able to become a mother, there is a ray of hope in vitro fertilization (IVF). This blessing called in vitro fertilization (IVF) is a service that is provided by many hospitals nowadays. Ivf is a fertility treatment that one or both partners can use to step up their chance of having a baby. Ivf is a process which is a simple and painless way to become a parent.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is usually utilised for women having inoperative fallopian tubes and men who are infertile. For couples who have tried other treatments for becoming a parent, and have not been successful, in vitro fertilization (IVF) is a blessing.
What is in vitro fertilization?
The couple is evaluated first to find out the cause of infertility and mode of treatment decided.
In IVF first female is given some injections to stimulate ovaries depending upon injection protocol like long or short protocol.
Once follicles are ready then trigger injection is given for egg maturation.
Once follicles are mature after 36hours of trigger injection eggs are removed under anaesthesia.
Then eggs and sperms are fertilised, keep in culture to form embryos which are transferred to the uterus depending upon embryo status and uterine lining.
What is embryo freezing
In some cases when there is a risk of hyperstimulation then instead of going ahead with embryo transfer embryos are frozen and transferred to the uterus in next cycle once lining is ready called as frozen embryo transfer.
Whenever some extra embryos are produced can be frozen for years.
Unfortunately, if one cycle doesn't work then frozen embryos can be used for the second round.
If lucky you may conceive in first round those frozen embryos can be used for the second child.
Hi From past 8 months I have periods problem my periods is irregular it will come 60 day once it's use be delay for week but from 8 moths I am facing this problem please help me with any home made treatment or further treatment and kindly let me know the reason for this problem Thanks Rohini.
My date of period was in december 24 and now its january 16 but I have not got my periods yet and I have took norethindrone.
Facing trouble conceiving? 3 Reasons you should consider IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation)
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
The inability to give birth through the natural way is caused due to complications like: blocked fallopian tubes, unexplained infertility, Polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS, endometriosis: where parts of the womb lining grow out of the womb, premature ovarian failure and so on.
If you or your partner is having trouble conceiving, you should opt for in vitro fertilization. It holds benefits like-
1. High success rates: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 year olds and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female’s ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth.
2. Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
3. Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child. IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm 23 years old female not getting pregnancy mine age 23 and husband age 35 married about 1 and half year. My lmp's are 22/1/16, 3/3/16, 11/4/16, 9/5/16, 12/6/16, 13/7/16 and my scanning report Impression: normal abdominal pelvic sonography. And thyroid function test T3-1.33ng/ml T4-8.57 mcg/DL Thyroid stimulating hormone-0.69mciu/ml am taking folic acid tablet and gynovit syrup about 3 months but medicine taken left in last month. My husband semen analysis report Sperm count-68millions/ml, Rapid progressive motility-70%, Slow/sluggish progressive motility-10%, Motility -20% Impression: normozoospermia. Is All reports are normal? These are our reports no period til today 10 days after missed period taking home pregnancy test taken but showing negative, is it agin to take test wn to take tell me Dr. Please? Otherwise wt is problem in me please tell me what to do is vegetarian is good for me and did I stop daily traveling please ans me Dr. Please Dr.
I ate green papaya in my pregnancy. Google says dnt eat this. But I am having it. Now what will happen .i am in great fear.
I have been to scan and found that sack was formed but there is no baby formed yet. My last period was July 1st. Is this happen to most of the women or is it a special case that is happening to me. I am in a confusion that my pregnancy will go good or end with tears. Do I need to take any particular care or attention. Doctor gave me progesterone tablet's. Could some one please let us know the chances and any suggestions.
My wife has gone thru c-section during her first pregnancy. It has been two years now but her stomach has not restored to normal. Can you suggest any medicine or any exercise.
Diabetes or madhumeha, is a serious disease that affects many people worldwide today. Diabetes, which is referred to as maha-roga is the excess of glucose in blood. As a result, you cannot consume sweetened food, get excess urges to drink water or urinate. However, Ayurveda has the most effective solutions to control diabetes naturally.
Read on to know what best natural medications are there to cure diabetes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre or Gurmar: It is one of the most effective remedies to diabetes. It is a hypoglycemic component, which makes it ideal for treating diabetes. It helps in reducing dependency on insulin by regeneration of residual beta cells of the pancreas.
- Coccinia indica: It is another herb, which regulates diabetes very well. This plant contains components, which after consumption of carbohydrates, prevent the sudden increase in blood glucose level. It can also prevent any adverse effect on other organs of the body due to diabetes. It is found to reduce oxidative stress amongst diabetes patients by surging the vitamin C levels in the plasma, and also prevents the fluctuations in fatty acid levels amongst diabetes patients.
- Azadirachta Indica or neem: It is one of the most common household antiseptics and a wonderful cure for diabetes. It enables high glucose tolerance, and also prevents diabetic neuropathy, which may cause severe fatalities.
- Morus Indica or Mulberry: It is a food that is experimentally proven to reduce diabetes. Daily consumption of mulberry leaves for 15 days at a stretch are beneficial in limiting approximately 38% of diabetes cases among its consumers. It also protects you against oxidative stress by building the antioxidant defense system of the body and is also known to correct any lipid profile abnormality. It also delays the possibility of the appearance of cataract as a result of diabetes.
- Momordica Charantia or bitter gourd: It is another common remedy found in most Indian households. Even though it is extremely bitter in taste, its medicinal properties are exemplary, and are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines. It also targets the beta cells of the pancreas to help boost up insulin secretion by increasing their number. Bitter gourd also helps to release more insulin by way of regeneration of the pancreas.
- Eugenia Jambolana or Indian Jamun: This Ayurvedic cure reduces blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin. The extract of "jamun" seeds help in healing of wounds quicker, usually impaired by diabetes.
- Trigonella Foenum or methi: It is another household ingredient that serves medicinal purposes in case of diabetes patients. Even 1gm of fenugreek seeds could reduce diabetes sharply in a short span of 2 months. This benefit is because of the presence of diosgenin, a compound with hypoglycemic properties.
However, all these medicinal plants should be consumed under proper guidance from professional practitioners only.
Related Tip: "5 Tips To Control Diabetes Through Diet"