Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. SapnaYour feedback matters!
The person suffers from headache on a regular basis. Although there is no eyesight issue, nor any migraine issue. Please suggest the solution.
I'm 19 years old. I have eye sight problem about -3.75 on both eyes. So can you suggest me how to reduce eye sight problem.
Sir I am 26 years old My problem is colors vision. Can you help me sir. Any treatment of colour vision
My eyes some times getting red and some times disturbance with my eyes. What I am doing for Clear and clean eye. How clean my inmy home. Give me suggestions and precautions.
I was suffering from conjunctivitis from 4th of November till 25th of November now eyes look normal but my vision is not at all clear I am not able to read from one eye and can't see properly which drops should I can use now to clear my vision. I was using pyrimon, genticyn, vigamox, and ciplox.
Hello doctor, I am 21 years old, I have myopia to the extent of -2.25. I am thinking for LASIK. Is it a right decision? What may be the expected cost to do LASIK?
Hi, I have a headache whenever I read for more than 2 hours. I used specs for reading. But never able to read for a long period of time.
I have pain in my eyes I consulted a doctor he said you nerves of eyes was week so I want to ask what remedies I have to do.
There is a marked difference between having big eyes and eyes that bulge abnormally. This abnormality should not be confused with having large eyes. Bulging eyes can be defined as eyes where the white of the eyes is visible above the cornea (circular black portion of the eye). Medically, this is referred to as Proptosis or Exophthalmos.
Eyes protrude from the eye sockets if there is a swelling of muscles, fat or tissue behind the eyes. This is dangerous because it exposes the cornea and makes it difficult for the eyes to stay moist and lubricated. In extreme cases, it can also put the optic nerve under pressure and lead to potential vision loss. This is especially serious if noticed only in one eye.
An overactive thyroid gland is one of the most common triggers for bulging eyes. Another common cause for bulging eyes is Graves disease. Graves disease is an autoimmune condition that makes the thyroid gland release cells and antibodies that fuse the eye muscles. This can directly trigger the condition by inflaming the tissue around the eye or indirectly trigger the condition as it also causes hyperthyroidism.
Other causes for this condition are:
- Any injury that causes bleeding behind the eye
- Vascular Disorders : A build up of blood vessels in the skin or inside the orbit
- Neuroblastoma or nerve cancer
Seeing the white of the eye above the cornea is the most obvious symptom of bulging eyes. Excessive dryness, pain and redness of the eyes are other symptoms of this condition. The patient may also find it difficult to close their eyes completely and have difficulty with eye movements. A doctor may use further blood test and imaging tests to confirm a diagnosis.
Treatment for bulging eyes depends on the condition triggering it. Usual forms of treatment include:
- Eye drops or artificial tears
- Wearing sunglasses
- Chemotherapy or radiation to treat tumors
- Surgery to repair damaged blood vessels
In cases where eyes bulge because of Graves disease, the below forms of treatment may also be used:
- Beta blockers
- Anti-thyroid medications
- Removal of the thyroid gland
- Replacement hormones
- Radiation to lower the functioning of the thyroid gland
- Orbital decompression surgery where one or more eye socket walls is removed
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I'm 17 and have planned for joining indian air force for which I am successful in cracking all the hurdles except for vision test. I have myopia. And want to go for laser surgery before 18 as per my exams for air foreNDA. Please please consult me.
Her eye side is very weak .she is using specs .The power of her specs are something like 5.30& 5.45.
I have pain in my head. Its a very bad pain but after sometimes it will gone and come after few hours. What should I do?
I have very weak eye vision. On the right side I have 13.5 and on the left side I have 15.5 number. What should I do?
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.