Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjiv SharmaYour feedback matters!
Last month, 18th Jan 2015. One stent is transplant in my main arteries. Will it always appear in ECG chart. I am asking because there are many organization who are taking pre employment checkup.
I am 55 years old and undergone heart bye pass surgery 10 years back. At that all tests are conducted and came to my notice that I am hbs+. Doctor adviced me every six months the following tests are condct. Lft abdominal scanning. Every six months I am condting all tests. All are normal. Recently doctor advice viral load test. The test report says undectable. Doctor says o. K no problem forget about hbs+, lead normal life. What is your opinion sir ?
Meri mummy ko low blood pressure ki problem hai. mujhe kya krna chahiye unka blood pressure normal rakhne k liye.
Dear sir. Muzhe march 2015 mei half body phralisis (left side) ho gya tha. Mere heart mai pain rehta hai aur half body mai pain aur khichaav bhi. Please muzhe medicine bats digiaee.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I would hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
Entering each lung is that pulmonary artery which brings blood from the heart to the lungs to be purified, these.
Dear sir, I am suffering from chest pain I have consulted a doctor, I went through a test like echo, bled TMT all are normal but still the pain is repeating, what shall I do? Please suggest.
Cholesterol is a vital component, which helps the body to make healthy cells. This wax like component is found in the lipid of the blood. An increased cholesterol count elevates the risk of heart diseases in a person. It thickens the vessels of the arteries resulting in less oxygen flow in the heart. This, in turn, increases the chances of a stroke. High cholesterol can happen from lifestyle habits and inheritance. It is completely treatable and preventable.
What causes high cholesterol?
The blood carries the cholesterol which is attached to the proteins. The combination of cholesterol and protein is known as the lipoprotein. Primarily there are two different kinds of cholesterol that the lipoprotein carries:
- Low-density lipoprotein: LDL is the bad guy that carries all kinds of cholesterol present in the body. It eventually rests on the walls of the arteries, making it narrow and hard.
- High-density lipoprotein: This is the good guy which scans the excess cholesterol and take them back to the liver.
Ideally, the body should have low LDL and high HDL. But often the reverse happens, resulting in high cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Factors such as unhealthy diet, inactivity for most of the day and obesity is responsible for the same. Even the genetic set up can play a hand in a high count of LDL in the body. There is nothing that can be done in this case except to seek medical help.
6 factors that put you at risk:
- Poor diet: Cholesterol levels are dramatically increased when baked products and saturated fats are consumed in an excess amount. Other high cholesterol food products include dairy products, processed fats and red meat. Refraining from this food items will drastically reduce the chances of getting high cholesterol in the body.
- Obesity: Obesity results from too much of fat storage in the body. It not only fatigues a person faster, but puts a person at high risk of getting cholesterol. The body mass index should be always lesser than 30 to abstain the risk of cholesterol.
- Waist circumference: A waist circumference of more than 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women can increase the risk of cholesterol.
- Diabetes: This is one of the major causes of high cholesterol. It not only damages the artery lining, but results in higher LDL and lower HDL.
- Less workout: Leading a life which is devoid of exercise and jogging can increase the chances of getting high cholesterol. Exercise boost HDL count in the body and mitigates the risk of low HDL.
- Smoking: The blood vessel walls get damaged with smoking. The blood vessels start accumulating fatty acids thereby increasing the chances of getting high cholesterol.
Hi, I am 22 years old now, and I have a VSD (ventricular septal disease) by birth. Now the hole is getting smaller and smaller and it is about 2.2 mm.My question is, will the hole gets cured naturally by itself. If yes, at what age does the hole gets closed considering that I am 22 years old now or should I get it operated and clear the hole?
Sir/madam I am diabetic since 2 years I am using voglimet GM 2, my pp is 230, recently H1bc is 8.3. My BP is 120/90. Presently my foot burning and tingling sensation from 4months. What type of precaution to be take.
I suffered from fever, high blood pressure and then skin rashes. First doctor said it might be dengue, but after" blood report"(not dengue test report) he said everything is normal and rashes is due to allergy. Should I go for dengue test?
I am 18 years old and I have been working out for a while. But suddenly one day a severe pain in my centre of the chest. Also it is same with my back at the exactly opposite side of the pain. Its been more than three months and the pain is still the same. I have got the x ray but it says that its good. I have consulted doctors and have tried too many medicines. please help.
Beetroots are packed with nutrients and can be eaten raw, pickled or cooked. Beetroots can even be juiced. It has been used in a number of sweet and savoury recipes. When it comes to beetroots, the root as well as the leaf can be eaten. Here are a few great reasons why you should eat beetroot.
- It's good for the heart: Beetroots are rich in nitrates. This helps relax the arteries and reduces blood pressure. Being rich in fiber and antioxidants enables beetroots to prevent plaque formation in arteries. The antioxidants in beetroots also prevent bad cholesterol from being deposited on the artery walls. Thus it protects against heart attacks and strokes.
- It helps fight diseases: Beetroots are said to boost immunity and fight a number of diseases including cancer, Alzheimer's and liver disorders. Beetroot is rich in betanin that expels cancer triggering agents and prevents the development of tumours on both the skin and liver. It is also said to protect a person from breast cancer. It also helps detoxify the body.
- It helps build strong bones and teeth: Beetroots are rich in silica. This silica is a crucial component required for healthy bones and teeth. Along with silica, beetroots are also rich in magnesium, vitamin C and folate. Beetroots also help prevent osteoporosis.
- It helps control blood sugar: Beetroots are naturally sweet, but can help control blood sugar and help fight diabetes. Beetroots are also rich in soluble fibers that can help regulate blood sugar levels. Drinking beetroot juice thrice a week is the best way to use beetroots to stabilize glucose levels in the body.
- It aids in weight management: Beetroots have a very low calorific value and are rich in fiber. This makes it an effective tool in weight loss. It also helps rid the body of toxins and excess water.
- It slows the aging process: Beetroot adds a glow to your skin. It helps cleanse the blood of toxins and thus makes skin healthier. The anti oxidants in beetroot reduce free radicals and thus slow down the aging process. This pink vegetable also has anti septic and anti inflammatory properties that help heal skin.
- It makes hair healthier: Carotenoids in beetroot give hair a lustrous shine and help fight hair fall. Beetroots are also rich in protein, phosphorus and a number of other vitamin and minerals essential to healthy hair. It helps improve blood circulation in the scalp and helps remove dead skin and excessive oil from the scalp.