Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjiv SehgalYour feedback matters!
Many of us were taught how to properly brush our teeth when we were still young kids.
And, admit it or not, most of us are stuck with the same brushing method into adulthood.
Sadly, many of us also learned the improper way of brushing.
Indeed, even though we are taught the proper brushing technique, we may not often stick to it.
Did you know that brushing properly is tricky? We wish to get rid of plaque without damaging our gums and brushing too hard.
So, what are the correct ways to brush our teeth by Dr Ratnika Agarwal ?
The teeth and gums must be brushed gently as hard brushing may cause the gums to recede and get damaged. It is advised to hold the toothbrush the same manner you hold a pen. By doing so, a lighter stroke is encouraged.
Brush your teeth at least two times per day.
Brush in the morning and at night before you head to bed. In so doing, food particles are removed. Brushing in the morning will aid clear away the plaque that accumulated overnight. It is important to dry before you sleep because this is the period when the mouth becomes dry and it becomes easier for bacteria to attack the teeth.
Use an extra-soft or soft-bristled toothbrush.
By means of using these types of toothbrush, the teeth and gums won’t be harmed and abraded. It matters to change your toothbrush when necessary or on a regular basis. Shredded or worn out toothbrush are no longer effective in cleaning the teeth. Be smart in choosing a toothbrush and only purchase the one that is officially approved by the American Dental Association.
Brush your teeth for at least two minutes.
Two minutes is actually the required time to clean the teeth. This way, each tooth is thoroughly cleaned. You may consider using a timer if you are using a manual toothbrush.
Do not brush your teeth more than 3 times per day.
Brushing twice daily is already enough. Take note that brushing too frequently can damage or erode the teeth and gums.
Electric toothbrushes are good alternative to manual toothbrushes.
These are often recommended to people who do not often follow correct brushing techniques. In the same way, these are great options for individuals with physical limitations and find brushing a tough activity.
Have a standard routine for brushing
It is fundamental to brush the teeth in the same order on a daily basis. The reason behind this is that this can especially aid you cover each area of the mouth. This will easily become second nature once you’re able to perform it routinely.
For instance, you may brush the outer sides of the teeth from left to right across the top, afterwards, you may shift to the inside and then brush from right to left. After this, consider brushing the chewing surfaces from left to right. Do the same pattern for the teeth underneath.
As you can see, there are proper ways of brushing. So, do not just brush your teeth for the sake of brushing alone. Learn the proper techniques to keep the gums and teeth clean and in good condition.
Please Call our team on 8237802848 / 020-27041188 or visit Dr Ratnika Agarwal at Smile Up Dental Care & Implant Center, Pune Today and get your Dental Check-up today ! We provide all Dental & Cosmetic Treatments for all age groups.
My baby girl is 18 months and weighs 10. 4 kg. She is teething around 4 teeth simultaneously and thus not eating anything at all for past 1 week. If I try to force feed her she throws up. Please advise.
My child is 5 years old and he has the problem of coughing usually in winters(about 4-5 times in winter season or when the atmosphere changes)and when he is affected by cough then it remains for 1 week. Please advise.
My son 1.5 years young is getting infected to cold and cough now and then. One of our child specialist asked for a chest scan and later confirmed it as wheezing. Is it dangerous in kids. Please provide me your valuable solutions.
My son is 5.3yrs old, he has stuffed nose and cold.How do I identify the wheeze? Medication for cold?
Hi Am 1 week delivered person but still I have only little breast milk. So I can not feed my daughter till her hunger last so please tell a remedy to increase breast milk fast.
I have two preterm daughters advice the age till which they will need exclusive breast feeding.Please tell.
Born weight was 3.2 kg now she is 37 days baby and her weight is 3.75 please let me know how to increase baby weight.
Sir I'v two sons. The elders on is 9 years old. He has problem with epilepsy for the last 4 years. His treatment is going on. He doesn't eat anything. So, his liver is very weak. What should I do?
Hello. My daughter is 2 years and 3 months old. Her weight is 13 kg. She usually has hard stools during hot whether. I give her rava porridge or upma in break fast, vegetable dal khichdi in lunch and dinner. She has variety of snacks in the evening like ragi porridge, noodles, upma, bread slices, many more. She drinks 1.5 litres of water. She takes milk sometimes but not regularly. Whenever she eats but if carrot hard stools is a sure shot thing to happen. In cold whether she passes stools regularly.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.