Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev Kr. ChowdharyYour feedback matters!
I am not suffering from submicos fibrosis, is submicos fibrosis is curable. Can you tell me how? Please advise.
I m 21 yr old (male. My teeth is pain when it is in contact with some liquid material. So what can I do?
How is the teeth outer can you say that treatment any effects on eyes and how many time is perfect other teeth how much will be the cost to do so?
My teeth is hurting me what to do to stop the pain please help I have afraid to go to doc. Thank You.
Researchers have shown people with gum diseases are twice as likely to suffer from heart problems than others.
My wisdom tooth is refilled still its paining and lot of smell coming out of it. Pleas advice and medicine or mouthwash.
My teeth are not so clean. They are getting dark. I do clean them twice a day but not any progress. What should I do?
I am 25yrs old, I suffers by mouth also (pimples in mouth at upper and below of leaf. Please advice me what should I do? I have taken many of doctors appoint. Please suggest.
I am feeling with tooth pain on left side of face followed pain beneath the ear and then on forehead. It was a stobbing pain for a 1 hour and then it disappeared. Went to dentist, he had done OPG and then suggested COMBIFLAM as if there is no dentist medication need to be done. He had suggested it could be TMJ and SINUS and adviced for ENT consulatation. Went to ENT referred to CT scan sinus and spotted with mild sinutitus but the radiologist adviced me to have MRI. ENT doctor said i am suffereing from Trigemianal Neuraglia and gave MAZETOL tablet which was supposed to a tablet for FITS patient. WENT to Nero Surgeon ad adviced to take MRI 3T scan where again results turned with no significant of tumors or trigeminal nerve is normal. Dont know what to do but still enforcing pain at times after eating.I lost my taste after taking tablets not all specfically SALT taste and feeling nervousness at times.Having a big doubt whether the problem i am facing because of TMJ or TN.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.