Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I'm very low pressure person. Please give something suggestion. And some food eating formula for good health" strong health, strong Salman body.
How can a 53-year-old patient with a 145/100 blood pressure bring it down, and if needed, what medications can be recommended?
I am 22 years old male I am suffering from chest muscle pains in last 2 years, in starting pains total body check up right now all reports was normal dr's tells us gastric pains please help me why did the control gastric problem if any danger for heart or heart related to diseases please replay me.
I am suffering from dry cough for 2 weeks back. I have chest pain when I cough hard. Can you suggest good treatment plz.
I am suffering from hyertension since last 20 years but I am not feeling any physical promblem as yet. What to do now ?
I am having heart problem and I had suffered from heart attack 3 year ago and I got angioplasty from Nagpur can you please tell me about my diet.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I am now 62 years and on steroid 10 mg alternate days (Omnacortil or wysolone) for the last 15 Years, since suffering from Collagen Vasculitis Disorder (autoimmunity). Usage of steroid caused Diabetics, BP and cholesterol, hence taking insulin and other medicines. Any new development in the treatment towards the above by skipping steroid?
Hello, My moms age is 47 and she has blood pressure levels going up and down but it is now in control from a long while and even her diabetes is in control with Ayurvedic medicines but her stomach is growing fat. Is anything linked and how to solve?
My heart rate is consistently above 100 at rest. On lying down its 103 and on sitting its 112. I also feel dizzy and weak. Is it a cause for concern?
I have some problem in my chest sometimes I get pain in my chest from neck to stomach so what should I do.
My name raghuvinder, I patient of blood pressure before 5 years. I take many medicines and help for good doctors but no any profit for me. I have very tired. So please sir me his advise and away my illnesses. I shall be highly oblised to you. thanks sir.
My mom had three blockage in heart artery.Angioplasty has done on 14 march 2015.Chest pain has gone off.Is she now safe ?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills.