Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjay Sharma
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay SharmaYour feedback matters!
1. For a Glow: The intensity of the sweet potato's yellow or orange flesh color that is directly correlated to its beta-carotene content which helps our bodies to produce vitamin A. When eating such sweet potatoes, include a small helping of fat such as ghee to maximize the beta-carotene.
2. Sun Protection: It contains a compound called lycopene which contains large amounts of vitamins that help the skin from Ultra violet damage. Consuming sweet potatoes leads to healthier skin and glowing face.
3. Wrinkle Free Skin: The presence of high levels of vitamin C in sweet potatoes speeds not only repairs the skin it also produces collagen to maintain our skin's elasticity. It particurly helps the skin during stress and has anti ageing properties.
4. Moisture Locking: Sweet potatoes add to our requirement of Vitamin D, which helps in locking moisture and keeps your skin soft and supple.
5. Iron Dosage: Sweet potatoes also contain iron which we need in adequate amounts for metabolizing protein, energy, blood cell production, which in turn makes the cheeks red and skin healthy looking.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Are you suffering from dry, stretched, itchy or flaky skin? Remember dry skin look older than oily skin, as they show fine lines and wrinkles faster. They also flake, crack and bleed easily. Read on for 10 super easy steps recommended by dermatologists to soothe dry skin
Prevent hot baths and showers which dehydrate skin further. Do these instead for dry skin
- Use warm water
- Don’t shower for more than 5 minutes
- Wash with a gentle and fragrance-free soap
- Don’t apply too much soap so that it whips up a thick lather
- Don’t rub your skin dry with a towel
Post bath routine
- Slather on a rich moisturiser after drying your skin: Moisturisers trap extra moisture in your skin so the right time to use them is immediately after drying yourself with a towel. It’s better to use ointments and creams as these are more effective than lotions. Creams with olive and jojoba oil, Shea butter, lactic acid, urea, hyaluronic acid, dimethicone, glycerin, lanolin, mineral oil, and petrolatum jelly all are good. If the skin on your hand is extra dry and feels stretched then it’s a good idea to carry a non-greasy hand cream with you. Apply it to each washing hands immediately to relieve dry skin.
- Use only unscented skin care products: Shun harsh skin products which strip natural oils from skin like-
- Deodorant soaps
- Skin care products that contain fragrances, alcohol, retinoids, or alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA)
- Wear gloves when washing utensils: This will prevent dry skin on hands. All you have to do is wear latex gloves before you start washing clothes and utensils.
- Choose laundry detergent with care: Laundry detergents should be chosen with care as they can irritate skin. Go for detergents labelled “hypoallergenic”.
- Avoid toasting yourself by the fireplace or other heat sources in winters: Remember heat is drying. So limit your time in front of a hot stove or fireplace.
- Use humidifiers to add moisture to indoor air: Use of humidifier will help prevent excessive drying of skin.
- Use milk on skin: Milk is packed with anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that can fight dry and itchy skin. The lactic acid in milk also exfoliates dead skin cells and increases the capacity of your skin to retain moisture.
- Honey: Honey is one of the best natural moisturisers. It comes loaded with antioxidants and antimicrobials.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a skin-hydrating agent par excellence. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties also help soothe dry and itchy skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!