Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeeta Devi Prasad
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta Devi PrasadYour feedback matters!
Hi my wife has a positive pregnancy test. But we don't want a kid now as we have one year kid now. Help me with medicine to stop it, her age is 25.
Hi I had a miscarriage on 16 march can we do unprotected sex and plan for a baby now or nt? Is it safe?
From last month my periods come at any time an within a month 2 to 3 times an the colour of the blood is not red its dark brown an thik layer came out I am worried about please suggest about this an which Dr. I need to visit.
I am 29 year old female and I have period problem from 6 month my period stay. Only 2 days is that normal or not.
I am a 26 year old female. I am a lactating mother while taking green tea any problems comes with my child?
I have PCOD. Prescribed clomifene for 5 days from 2nd day. Den GMH INJECTION ON 5TH AND 7TH DAY. TODAY ON DAY 12, I HAVE 3 FOLLICLES OF 18.6 MM ON MY LEFT OVARY AND 2 19 AND 1 16 MM FOLLICLES ON MY RIGHT OVARY. LAST MONTH I HAD 2 DIMUNANT FOLLICLES AND EVEN AFTER TAKING HCG 5000 IT DID NOT RUPTURE. WAT SHUD B MY NEXT STEP?
I have irregular periods related issue since 4-5 months. I have taken medicines for migraine headache. My periods gets late for 6-7 days every month. Earlier it lasts for 6-7 days now only for 2-3 days (thicker blood). Also too much acne on my face on these days.
I am 20 years old female and have headache, backache, stomach pain and my period is also delay by 5 days. What should I do?
In order to stay protected from the ill-effects of air pollution and keep your kids and family safe, these are the foods you should include in your diet:
- Have ginger juice along with a spoon of honey thrice a day if you are suffering from breathing issues, cough, cold or infections. It will soothe the irritation and make you feel better.
- Jaggery and honey is an immunity strengthening combination, it will protect you from air pollution as well as other ailments.
- Have crushed black pepper along with honey, this will help in clearing the cough accumulated in your chest. It also cleanses you.
- Basil and cinnamon tea is found to be very effective in combating cough, cold and other infections
- Garlic is another amazing antibiotic-rich ingredient which improves immunity and also fights cough. Crush garlic pods, fry them with butter till cooked properly and have it. Don't consume water for half an hour after eating it and get rid of cough.
- Raise your vitamin c intake by consuming loads of berries such as gooseberries, oranges, lemons, lime, guava, etc. Vitamin c is a water soluble antioxidant which helps in boosting our immunity.
Last week I had sex with a married women with any protection for about 3 minutes. Do I need to fear from any disease? Please reply to it it's very important. Is there any chances of happening STD disease? Please reply to this question as soon as possible.
I am diagnosed PCOS and my periods are not irregular it comes on the same date of 20-25 each month but amount is minimal but stays for 3 days. As it is like spotting I don't need sanitary napkin as well. I had sex on 19 th and my period comes on 27 in January. But in February and march it comes on 20. I don't think I am pregnant but can you tell the reason?
What is the exact time after periods and before periods that sex can be done without any protection. Like for eg my wife got periods normally on 24th (first day when bleeding starts) after how many days we can do the sex without any protection.
Done sperms test 2 times but it was 0 counts. I have 5years daughter planning for 2nd baby that time it was diagnosed. What are the causes of 0 sperms count. Is it possible to have 2nd baby with this report.
I am 15 weeks pregnant, from 7th week onwards have high nausea. I took Doxinate OD for 1 month but there was no relief. Over last 10 days I have started taking Emset 4 OD, but there is no relief still. I have the vomiting sensation throughout the day and vomit about 2-3 times daily. Is there any other medicine that I can try to control this and for how long I will have this nausea continue.
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor
Hiiii My wife is 31 months pregnant. I want to asked you that BC-26 Germany tablet is useful for normal delivery or not.
What is the meaning of tpha positive Treponema pallidum haemagglutination ? Please explain in hindi. My husband is tpha positive. And tell treatment also.
Healthy lifestyle is a hot topic in the health industry today and why not? After indulging ourselves in unhealthy foods and sedentary lifestyles, our generation has become a heap of the obese population. This resulted in a number of diseases like Diabetes, hypertension, and heart diseases. So now when the bar rose above our control limit, we are desperately trying to solve things. And healthy lifestyle and healthy foods to eat are the two major pillars we need to build. In fact, a few healthy lifestyle tips can go a long way in improving your overall health and mental well-being.Therefore, in order to help you more in finding a variety of good health tips, we bring to you 5 major healthy lifestyle tips that you ought to know.
5 Recommended Healthy Lifestyle Tips
Morning is the best time for starting off a healthy day. Hence instead of the regular health tips of the day, we bring to you these 5 amazing healthy lifestyle tips to start your day with. Let the beginning be healthy itself!
1. Start the day with a glass of water
Drink water as part of a healthy morning routine
This should be a default morning routine for a healthy lifestyle. Water gives you a healthy start because it helps in proper circulation of nutrients in the body. Water serves as the body’s transportation system.
Amazing Roles of Water in our body
A. Helps in weight loss
Let us tell you that water doesn’t have some magical property that kills fat (sorry!), but it can help you with your weight loss efforts. First off, by staying hydrated, one can prevent overeating. That is because a lot of people confuse thirst with hunger! Isn’t drinking water better than eating high energy foods?
B. Flushes out toxins early on
It is a long known secret that drinking water as soon as you get up, i.e. before eating anything is a good way to purify your internal system. This practice helps to flush off the toxins from our body and cleanses the colon thus it enables better absorption of nutrients from various foods.
C. Helps in getting a glowing skin throughout the day
Water, the first thing in the morning, helps improve the skin glow by flushing off the toxins from the body. It also helps the skin do its job of regulating the body’s temperature through sweating, renewing the body cells.
2. Consume a healthy breakfast within the first hour of waking up
Consume a healthy breakfast within an hour of waking up
A healthy lifestyle has a lot to do with your meal timings. Since breakfast is the most important meal of a day, here’s the perfect tips for a healthy breakfast.
A) Best time to have breakfast: The optimum time to have breakfast is 7 am, or within the first hour of waking up.
B)Qualities of the breakfast: Breakfast should always be healthier, heavier, and eaten at earliest. Almost 60% of our total calories should come from our breakfast.
C)Start the breakfast with: A fresh fruit or vegetable juice after a glass of water is advisable. If you plan to consume both, you could do so. It is a nutritional double whammy. Eating fruits, the first thing in the morning, after a glass of water is highly advisable. That is because fruits may not be digested and absorbed properly if eaten right after a meal. Eating fruits/ drinking vegetable juice early could also reduce the number of carbs consumed in breakfast.
D) Follow up breakfast with: You can then add protein-rich items like egg or sprouts. Studies show that including eggs in breakfast can help you eat fewer calories for the next 3 hours. Which translates to losing more weight and body fat. If you can’t or don’t eat eggs for some reason, then any source of good quality protein should do the trick.
E) Some breakfast suggestions: After a protein-rich food, you can consume regular breakfast items consisting of complex carbs or healthy carbs such as pesarattu (moong dal chilla)/ idly/ wheat vegetable upma/ vegetable dosa/ red poha with vegetables etc.
3. Make some time for a morning exercise routine
15 minutes of morning exercise routine is important
We know morning could be a hectic time but try taking time out for at least 15 minutes of morning exercise for weight loss. It could something simple like spot jogging, planks, squats, or even a few Surya Namaskars. Try doing it every alternate day until it becomes you have a daily morning exercise charted out.
4. Don’t skip any nutrient group throughout the day
- A balanced healthy daily diet will keep you healthy
- A healthy lifestyle or a healthy living is very much about having all the food groups in your diet. With zero carb diet plans becoming popular for weight loss, one should know that every food group is important for the body.
- Carbohydrates are all about energy and are found in foods like fruits, grains, bread, and dairy products. They have wrongly implicated because they provide energy but they also provide both minerals and vitamins. Hence, we should not avoid this food group as a part of a healthy daily diet.
What happens when you completely skip carbohydrates?
If you stop eating carbohydrate, you rapidly lose water weight as your body breaks down the stored carbohydrates,” explains Darwin Deen, MD, Senior attending physician at Montefiore Medical Centre’s Department of Family and Social Medicine in the Bronx, New York. ” The problem is that a low-carbohydrate diet is not a normal balance of physiologic nutrition. As soon as you start eating carbohydrates again, your body replenished your carbohydrate stores and your weight comes back. So it is always advisable to have everything as per the required allowance.”
Consume more of fruits and vegetables: Aim to reach at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables in a day because that is the recommended amount to keep lifestyle diseases at bay.
5. Consume healthy snacks every 2-3 hours
You may have a healthy diet plan but as long as you don’t account for snacks, you may fail at leading a healthy lifestyle. How to counter this? Always have healthy, non-fried but baked snacks handy. If possible, you can make some yourself at home! That will prevent unnecessary snacking. In fact, frequently snacking with small healthy meals help in weight maintenance.
Add pistachios or roasted channa to your diet. Make them your evening munchies, as they help you lower risk of heart disease help you gain weight.