Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My daughter is just 2 months old. She has a preference for putting her head towards the right side. While I turn it to the left every now and then, she keeps it there for a short while and turns back to her right. I'm now noticing a slight difference in the shape on the left and right. She doesn't like to use a horse shoe pillow and gets rashes with the mustard seed pillow. Will the shape of her head become permanent as it is now or will it change and get well rounded once she's sitting up and moving around more. I have received mixed responses to this, hence wanted to check.
I am 35 year old and during combined screening test iugr risk factor is 1: 35.there is no chromosomal abnormality and no downs syndrome. Should I be worry or not.
The most advanced and effective communication device in this century is mobile phone. Mobile phone is not only being used by the corporate or highly qualified professional. People from all type of social group have mobile phone in their hands now. Usage of the mobile phone is not increased only with all social groups but also with people of all age groups. Children are the more noticeable group as they are using cell phones of all types. A recent research study shows that children are really capable of using any advanced type of mobile phones even without any proper guidance. Though mobile phones are the effective mode of communication, it is a well known fact that it also has adverse side effects if being over used. The mobile phones emit shockwave radioactive radiations that affect the body in various manners.
Adverse effects of mobile phone usage:
Today's children are growing up in a radio-frequency environment that never existed in human history before. The radiation emitted by mobile phones and mobile phone masts can have adverse effects on children. Some include:
- Affects your Immunity Status: cell phones after a full day usage contains many germs on their display which are highly numbered than your toilet seats. These germs are easily transferred to your body as you touch frequently or use close to your face for talking. This increases the risk of exposure to the germs and reduces your immune strength as immune status are not fully developed for children.
- Increase Risk of Chronic Pains: prolonged use of mobile phones for playing games or texting requires continuous movement for your hands which may develop chronic pain in joints of your shoulders and hands.
- Vision Problem: children when concentrate much on playing games in mobile phone they even fail to blink frequently with the increased interest and attraction towards the game. This causes the dryness of the conjunctiva and also increases the ocular tension.
- Affects your emotions negatively and increases the stress level
Mobile Phone Safety For Kids:
As a parent, you must take preventive measures to minimize your child's exposure to the harmful effects of mobile phones. These include:
- Do not give cell phone if your child is under 16 years. A child's brain is too sensitive to withstand the effects of mobile radiation.
- Do not let your child hold a mobile phone directly up to his head. Use an air-tube headset instead.
- Do not let your child make calls in buses, trains, cars, and elevators. The mobile phone works harder to get the signal out through the metal, which increases the power level.
- Do not let your child use cell phone when the signal is weak. It will increase the power to the maximum, as the phone attempts to connect to a new relay antenna.
- Limit the use of cell phone around children.
- Make sure that there is no mobile phone mast or network tower near your home or your kid's school.
- Do not let children take mobile phones to school.
- Do not leave mobile phones in your children's bedroom at night.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi Doctor, my daughter 1 year completed she not having foods properly, and what food has to give her we dont know if we feed the foods she spits immediately. Please suggest.
A child’s tantrums, especially during teens, are quite common. However, there could be some children who could be exhibiting an extreme version of these symptoms. This is known as oppositional defiant disorder.
Children with this disorder become easily irritable, angry, argumentative, defiant and feel vindictive against most elders (parents, teachers, and others). While this is something very common and can be ignored to be a part of teenage tantrums, the issue is when these symptoms do not seem to end. If they persist for beyond 6 months, it is time to worry. These may then begin to interfere with their daily activities including schooling, where they may not be easy for the teacher to manage.
Diagnosis of ODD: With the changing behaviour of teenagers, it is often difficult to pinpoint and say there is ODD. However, some guidelines for diagnosis are listed below. Angry/irritable, argumentative, defiant and vindictive. If these symptoms are seen for more than 6 months with no inducing reason, happens with non-siblings, and is affecting learning and playing, it is highly likely the child has ODD.
These symptoms can occur at home, at school, or in other settings – seen respectively in one, two, or more settings. Some of the symptoms are listed below.
- Repeated temper tantrums
- Anger bursts, swearing, using obscene language
- Extremely argumentative, especially with people in authority (teachers, parents, etc.)
- Annoying others and getting annoyed easily
- Noncompliance to rules and regulations at school and institutions
- Defending one’s mistakes and blaming others for it
- These result in poor academic performance, antisocial behavior, substance abuse, and higher suicidal tendencies.
Treatment depends on the presenting symptoms, the age of the child, and supportive care available. The child should be able to actively take part in psychotherapy to reap good benefits. It would otherwise be a task with no results.
- Psychotherapy will help the child improve its cope and express and control anger. This also improves problem-solving skills.
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy tries to mould the behaviour.
- If required, the parents also would be involved to improve family’s involvement in the treatment. Caretakers are given special training if required so that they can support in long-term medical care.
- The child also needs to be trained for appropriate behaviour under different circumstances.
- Rewards for positive behaviour and punishments for negative behaviour are useful ways.
Prevention: Early identification can help in minimizing distress to the family and help in the early arrest of the disease. The family is also taught basic and simple steps which can help in supporting therapy. Early rejection at school and loss of learning, can happen which can be managed with early intervention. A nurturing and supportive family can help manage the child very well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
How can I increase his weight? He is not ready to eat anything. He likes only oily food like Kathryn chips etc.
I have pain in all over my body especially in hands legs n back bone. I feel also weak after delivery. My baby is now one year old and the important thing I feed her. So please tell me what will be better to improve my health and reduce pain?
Hello Urgent help My 13 days old baby is on breast feed n my left breast nipple is becoming hard n it's paining during feed n baby is unable to feed please suggest some help.
My baby girl is 50 days old she is not drinking breastmilk only dexolac premium 1 milk can I give her nandini milk or cows milk ors suggest me some other brand formula milk.
My 2 years old son eats only crispy things. He doesnt likes rice, suji or chapati, vegetables. He eats junk food like chips, biscuits etc. Please guide?
Hello madam /sir, my son is 6years old. He got cold n cough twice in month. At that time his body temp goes up n down. After 2/ 3days he got fever. It stay 2/3 days. 99to 101. Why its happened. From last 8/9 months. Whatever the reason (stomach pain, throat pain or n e simple cough, allergic cough) he got 7/8time fever. Help me out is there n e health issue. Thanks you.
Hi Sir/Madam, I have one child. My child is 2 Years and 6 month old. He does not eat proper food. He Only take milk or some time he take namkeen or potato chips. He do not show interest in any kind of food. Dr. Banga is a famous child specialist in gwalior. Dr. Banga told me that if you do not feed your child proper food your child get in to trouble and Dr. Banga also told me that your child have low quantity of blood. Sir please help me. How can I feed my child. He do not want to eat anything. He never listen to me. What should I do?
Sir, I m a father of a sweet baby born on seventh month, now she is 13 yr old n she is fine and very active and nauty too. But very thin n week but we try to give her all things to eat as food, fruits, dry fruits n milk with bornvita, protinex of boots, & consult to family doctors, she adsvice to take medicine for two three monthes contineous - capsule gemcoal, syrup aptivate, dexorange syrup but not releif, please tell me the solution. Thanks n waiting.myasthenia gravis
We have twins age 4 month for whom which milk (from below list) is good for health 1) Desi cow milk 2) jersey (hybrid) cow milk 3) mother's milk 4) lactogen 1 milk Reason to ask this question is mother's milk is not sufficient for twins of 4 month age Please advise.
My baby feeding lactogen .In what color does baby pass the motion. My baby passing the motion in cement color nd sometimes yellow.
My daughter six and half years is suffering from severe cough without phlegm since two years for every fifteen days it starts and prolong for five days. She is asked to do lungs scanning. Is it necessary, and any serious problem is there.
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.