Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeeep KumarYour feedback matters!
Meri wife ko 45 day pehle baby hua hai sir ab use anal fissure ho gaya hai daily after toilet use 6 se 7 hours pain rehta hai please suggest koi medicine for healing and pain relief Thanks.
My friend is 2 months pregnant and she is going through itchiness in her rectum. How can she deworm her self.
Ive a first degree burn I think, it dosent pain at all unless scrubbed. This part had become kind of darker in colour and I think it has lightened enough too, it all happened around 10 days ago and it darkened and lightened in that much time. Now its still kind of dark and it isn't noticeable to others but is to me. What home remedies do I do for it (im applying patanjali aloe vera)
I get blackheads on my nose area. I tried all the methods like scrub, clean up but it comes back very quickly. Please let me know a permanent solution or at least a long time solution.
Dear sir I have suffering fissure still 2 weeks can I Reduce without surgery which foods I eating fissure gone after can I continue doing workout (gym)
DOCTOR, My LIPS get Darker Even I don't smoke cigrate. But Still My Lips Gets Darker. I want To Improve the Colour Of my Lips. To Make it Reddish. Would You suggest me Some MEDICINES To Overcome Out of this Problem. Please suggest medicine for my lips which do not have any side effects.
I am 20 years old male. I am going swimming classes and I have started getting rashes on skin. I do not want to leave swimming what should I do?
I have sunburn, when I reached in sun after 3hourmy skin get red nd few minute after apper rashes nt too much itching in rashes, on my hand and foots, m face this problem from few year please consult me too reduce this problem.
My skin is very dry n a dermatologist suggested dermadew. I am using it fa over one month but y skin became slightly dark n moreover dis s winter season. Again after a month wen I went fa review she suggested again dermadew n asked me to use elovera spf sunscreen lotion n use cetaphil facewash instead of soap. I am following this fa one week. But I cannot feel any difference. Whether I can continue r not. Suggest me a solution.
I am 27 years old, my skin is complete tan and dark circles around my eye, I look like 35 year age, How to improve my skin? Kindly advice.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term, which refers to the phenomena of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment named melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends on the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. The skin may get dark entirely or in patches due to pigmentation. In some cases, decolouration takes place or white patches are formed on the skin.
Causes and Types of Pigmentation
The type of skin pigmentation depends on the cause behind it. Here are some of the common causes and types:
- Melanin: The skin colour varies from one person to another due to the presence of a pigment called melanin. It is produced by melanocytes cells in our body. Melanin protects our skin from damage on exposure to sunlight. When we spend long hours under the sun, the melanin production is increased. This gives a tanned look.
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of melanin. These gets accumulated or concentrated in clusters on being exposed to sunrays.
- Liver Spots/Age Spots: These are also known as solar lentigos. This can be due to ageing or excessive exposure to UV rays.
- Birthmarks: These are referred to the irregular blemish that appears on any part of the body soon after birth or at the time of birth. These are of two types: vascular and pigmented.
- Melasma/Chloasma Faciei: This is usually found in pregnant women. It occurs due to the over-activation of melanocytes as there is a hormonal imbalance.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: This refers to inflammation as a result of inflammation caused by trauma.
Treatment: There are several ways to treat skin pigmentation. There are medicines and cosmetics available in the markets, which help in getting rid of the pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can also be tackled by certain home-based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. Apply a mixture of milk and honey on the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyperpigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables will lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun-screen: It is important to guard your skin against the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to the generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful to our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.