Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Samir Singh
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samir SinghYour feedback matters!
My baby is 12 months but I am afraid to take green coffee beans to reduce weight .can you give me any advice on this .will it have any effect on baby.
My son is 5 years old. He is not able to speak but can hear like normal child. Yesterday he fell down and half right hand part of his body was not moving. After 1 hour again he becomes normal. Which type of disease it is.
My baby is born with brachial plexus birth injury. Now she is 6 months old, we have consulted few orthopedics n neurologists all they have said is go for surgery. Is that problem wont recover with physioteraphy? if we go for surgery also will there be any side effects for baby in future? kindly advise.
Atopic dermatitis is an inflammatory skin disease that most commonly affects children during their first year of life. This is also commonly noted in older children and occasionally in adults. This disease causes severe itching that many a times leads to skin infection. These rashes are commonly seen over the scalp, neck, cheeks and face. As the child grows older and also in adults, the rashes mainly appear in body creases and folds.
The exact cause of atopic dermatitis is still under research but it is believed that people with the following are at risk of getting atopic dermatitis-
Dermatitis is not caused by food allergies but people with dermatitis are allergic to certain type of food like milk and other dairy products, shellfish and nuts.
- Dry itchy and scaly skin
- Redness and rashes
- Scratching and itching
- Appears bumpy and develop knots in thickened areas
If left untreated, atopic dermatitis may results in:
- Asthma and hay fever: More than half of the children with atopic dermatitis develop asthma and hay fever by age 13.
- Chronic itchy, scaly skin: Atopic dermatitis can cause the affected skin to become discolored, thick and leathery.
- Skin infections: Repeated scratching that breaks the skin can cause cracks and open sores. These increase the risk of infection.
- Irritant hand dermatitis: This especially affects people whose core work requires their hands to be wet and exposed to detergents, harsh soaps, and disinfectants.
- Sleep problems. The itch-scratch cycle can result in poor sleep quality.
It’s important to visit the dermatologist for treatment to control the disease and prevent it from worsening. Treatment includes medicines to control itching, reduce skin inflammation (redness and swelling) and clear infection.
The dermatologist will also suggest lifestyle modifications which are very important to manage the disease.
Tips for people with dermatitis-
Ways to ease discomfort :
- Make sure the humidity and temperature levels are comfortable.
- Apply moisturizer twice daily to make sure the skin does not get dry and cracks.
- Enquire your doctor about how to use wet wrap therapy and its effects.
- Make sure your child’s finger nails are cut short and smooth.
Bathing care -
- Bath your child with warm water not with hot water and make sure you complete the bath within 5-10 mins.
- Just pat the skin after bath with soft cotton towels and don’t make it dry completely.
- Apply the medicine if advised after bath. Make sure you apply the medicine before the skin gets completely dry.
- Apply moisturizer over the medicated skin.
- Avoid bubble bath and prefer bleach bath every two days if the skin gets infected.
Choosing right clothes-
- Uses limited amount of detergents to wash the clothes.
- Rinse the clothes with adequate amount of water and dry it completely under direct sunlight.
- Wash new clothes with plain water before wearing to your child to remove excess dyes and fragrances.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorders tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time.