Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saminder TalwarYour feedback matters!
I am a 30 years old female. I have gap between front teeth. My teeth some what is there. So that I want to do surgery for my teeth. Please advise low cost treatment.
Sir I brush regularly but still I have foul smelling even after brushing. I also used mouth wash and sensoform paste including sensodent. Kindly suggest.
My teeth are slightly outside. I do think of braces but feel its painful. Please suggest me anything nice.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.
Sometimes I feel a lot of pain in my gums but after the bleeding, they are all back to normal. Need urgent consultancy .
Hi. Am 24years Female. I'm having problem with my tooth. I already did filling for one teeth, now other tooth are swelling and continuously blood is bleeding at the morning time and unable to eat sweet. Am planning to go for check on feb. Is it fine to wait that much time or immediate treatment is needed.
Dear Sir / Madam i am 21yrs old. From the past 2 years am suffering from sensitivity, now a days am not able to use my left jaws for eating hard foods. Even though am not able explain the feeling that am experiencing. Please help me to get rid of this.
Actually sir mujhko braces nahe lgvane hai. Without braces teeth kaese andar ho skate hai. Kya aap bta skate hai please
I got punched on my left lower jaw .There was no swelling but i am experiencing intense pain and not able to chew or open my mouth when try to open my mouth it pains like hell .Do you think my jaw is fractured ?
Any age group people can use snowdent paste for white teeth? and snowdent is harmful to teeth for not?
I am having a severe tooth pain, sometimes its bleeding out. What type of remedy is used to reduce the tooth pain?
with best of health & happiness