Lybrate.com has top trusted Somnologists from across India. You will find Somnologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Somnologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Samhita PandaYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old I haven't able to sleep since 4 days and I having severe headache and stomach ache. Tried many home remedies but didn't work help me wht to do.
I am suffering from insomnia for the past few months. During night. I can't sleep and the thoughts keep on stammering my head.
I am having herpes for the past one and half months. Had regular consultation with a leding skin specialist. Was om intense medication intially like travexal 500, valeve 1000, pepiflam, gopan dsr, pregablin 300, and ointments including calamin in this period. Though the pain at the hip region where the main problem exists, it is sill paining considerably, and I am not able to evn wear a banian or shirt and pant. With the result I am fully stucuk at home. At present I am only taking pregablin300, and dont'know how long this will continue. At sleep I have to sleep on one side only. In view of this, I am not able to meet anybody. My wife has to do all the outside work including shopping since we live alnoe. This is a depressing situation. I really neeed some advice on better medication and ointmnt, and advice as to how to keep cool, since, it seems it will take 3 to 4 months for me to get cured, and it is a hopelss situation. Thanking you profusely and with very best wishes.
In middle of back I have a sebacious cyst. I already operated it 10 years back but now it come again. So tell me what should I do?
I am a 29 years old male, I have been having sleep related issues. For about 3 weeks now, my sleep has been very disturbed. I have no issues falling asleep, but i am getting up in 2-3 hours in general, and unable to sleep later. Could you suggest where should I check. For solution. I have tried breathing exercises, and controlling diet, but now because of sleeplessness, I am having. Constant headaches, overall weakness, irritation, and. This is affecting my day to day activity. Overall sleep on an average is 4-5 hrs a day, and even this is. Not deep sleep.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I'm 19 years old recently I am shifted in a new city for study purpose.. But there is a problem I can't sleep at night before 5 am. What can I do. I smoke.
I am preparing for an exam. So how many hours sleep do I need? I sleep from 12-8am. I also feel sleepy in the afternoon. So I sleep from 3-5 pm. Is this good?
I am suffering from low sleep. I am unable to sleep properly thought I don't have any kind of digestive problems. That's why I'm loosing my weight.
At a Glance:
Experts have long known that there is an important link between sleep and learning
Sleep deprived mice experienced less dendritic growth than well-rested mice after a learning task
Deep sleep results in actual physical changes in the brain
Trying to learn something new? Have a big exam coming up? New research suggests that sleep plays a pivotal role in your brain's ability to learn new information.
Learn first, then get a good night's sleep in order to encourage learning and memory retention.
One of the major explanations for why we sleep is known as the information consolidation theory, which suggests that one of the primary functions of sleep is to process information that has been acquired and stored throughout the day.
"We've known for a long time that sleep plays an important role in learning and memory. If you don't sleep well you won't learn well" a new study that explores the mechanisms behind this process.
Hi I am not getting good sleep in the night. I am in some entrance preparation. My performance is not good due to lack of sleep before night of exam. What should I do?
Hello. I am 24 years old. I am working as a bpo agent from last 6 months for night shift work. I am not able to get 8 hours proper sleep. Now, I'm facing hair fall. Could you please help me how to avoid these side effects?
I got frustrated. I am not getting the job. I did not get sleep in night. I use to take medicine at nigt.
Am 43 yr from Nizamabad I have been suffering with disturbed sleep from past 18 months now due to withdrawal of smoking.
I am suffering from insomnia lately, am at times restless on bed and my sleep gets interrupted, please provide me with some help?
I am 18 years old and have serious sleep issues during exams. I guess the insomnia is due to the stress and tension. What should I do?
I am an IT professional . I am 22 years old. I can't able to sleep peacefully even though I go to bed early. On closing my eyes coding programs or some other events happenings are coming to my mind. If I go to bed by 11 pm I ll get sleep around 2 pm. What to do ? Morning also I ll wake up very soon. Also If I heard a small sound I am getting up. I can't able to have deep and peaceful sleep. Even I won't use mobile or laptop if I won't feel sleepy simply I ll close my eyes and try to get sleep What to do. ?
The key to a moderately healthy life is often vested in the kind of lifestyle you lead. Certain alterations in your daily routine can bring marked changes in your overall health. The amount of sleep a person gets on a daily basis decides his or her temperament, productivity, and most importantly, the person’s health. If you thought sleep was only a means to relax, you were very wrong.
Getting in sync with your body’s natural sleep-wake cycle, or circadian rhythm, is one of the most important strategies for sleeping better. If you keep a regular sleep-wake schedule you’ll feel much more refreshed and energized than if you sleep the same number of hours at different times, even if you only alter your sleep schedule by an hour or two. A few effective ways can be followed to help the case of sleep deprivation.
- Exercising regularly can have far reaching effects on your sleep patterns- Lack of physical exertion could be the reason behind light or irregular sleep patterns. To remedy the situation, you need to exercise regularly. Heavy cardiovascular exercises are not always necessary; you could do a set of free- hand exercises each day for a stretch of twenty minutes to keep healthy. This helps you to get good sleep at night.
- Eat healthy to sleep well- The kind of diet you follow can also affect your sleep. If your intake of caffeine, nicotine or alcohol is too high, you are sure to face problems in sleeping. It is necessary for you to eat a light dinner; being overly full or being on an empty stomach can ruin your sleep too. Avoid greasy foods, especially at night, as acidity spoils your intentions of getting a peaceful sleep.
- Make sure your night’s sleep is associated with one particular ritual- It is best to accustom your body with a ritual that you particularly carry out before going to bed. For instance, you could take a shower in warm water or massage your head with hot oil before retiring for the day. Such a ritual signals your brain cells that they are required to get some sleep now.
- Keep away from electronic gadgets before going to bed- The bright light of television sets, laptop screens or even cell phones can interfere with your sleep routine. Spending a lot of time on electronic gadgets at night excites your brain neurons, preventing them from any kind of relaxation.
- Cut down on sleep during the day- While twenty to thirty minute long power naps during daytime can help restore drained out energy, longer naps are actually harmful. If you sleep for long stretches in the day, you will invariably fail to get sufficient sleep at night. Hence, remind yourself to not fall prey to the temptations of a comfortable bed during daytime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
As I was sleeping in my bed. Am in my deep sleep it automatically releases sperm. What is the reason? Y iys going like dat?
There are lots of benefits espoused by doctors all over the world about getting adequate sleep. Lack of sleep can have an adverse impact on your daily work life balance and health. Thus, you should never let it happen. If you sleep more than six hours a day it can have a lot of benefits, some of which are mentioned below:
1. Better health: Studies have shown that having a good night’s sleep can help your body avoid serious health problems like diabetes, obesity, heart attacks and various other cardiac problems.
2. Lesser Pain: According to research, if you have chronic or acute pain from an injury, then sleeping for more than six hours can help you get better pain relief. It has been proven in multiple studies that good sleep can be an excellent supplement to pain medications. However, being in pain can make it harder for you to sleep. You should use pain relievers in such cases which can aid sleep, but ensure that you have more than 6 hours of shut eye.
3. Lower risk of injury: If you have adequate sleep then there are chances that you won’t feel tired during the day while you are out at work. This can prevent accidents if you are driving or even within the household. Deprivation of sleep has lead to many accidents in the past and continues to do so till today.
4. Better mood: Adequate sleep can help you to stay in good mood and research has found sleep has a direct effect on regulating your emotions. This is due to the fact that sleeping for more than six hours a day can prevent you from being exhausted at work.
5. Better memory: Sleep loss can be the reason you have become forgetful. Studies have shown that your brain processes and consolidates the memories from throughout the day while you sleep. So if you don’t get enough sleep it may affect your professional life as you may tend to forget important things that you should remember.
6. Stronger immunity: Sleeping for more than six hours will give your body the strength required to fight diseases.
7. Better weight control: Lack of proper sleep can increase your weight. You would feel hungrier and would crave for high calorie foods since lack of enough sleep causes the levels of leptin to drop in the body. Leptin is the hormone, which is responsible for how satisfied you feel with food and a drop in its levels will result in you wanting to eat your more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.