Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sameer
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SameerYour feedback matters!
Doctor, I am 15 now. My face is full of pimples. Red heads and some black heads. And some pores. Please advice me a lotion by which my face can look neat and young.
When my tsh levels are normal. It's always below 2 then why my face still looks puffy. Why my weight is still not the same it use 2 b.if I'm hypothyroid then I have to suffer for this puffiness problem fever?
I have line marks on my body and I consulted a doctor in gadag he said it is for heavy weight so please any suggestions to get rid of tht marks.
When your nail grows into the layer of skin around it, you develop ingrown fingernails- a rather painful and uncomfortable condition. Some of the most common causes of ingrown fingernails are improper trimming, nailbiting, fungal infection, excessive slow or fast growth and fungal infection.
Treating an ingrown fingernail
- Firstly, you need to dip the affected finger in lukewarm water for 15-20 minutes at least twice a day. The warm water therapy will help to alleviate the swelling. Make sure to dry the finger after each dip as leaving the finger wet might aggravate the problem.
- Jam a tiny bit of cotton beneath the edge of your nail right after soaking so as to lift the nail away from the skin surface. Doing this for a number of times every day can be of great help. Lifting the nail away from the skin would permit the nail to grow past the skin.
- Vinegar water is a very effective home remedy for treating ingrown fingernails. If you find your ingrown nail to be infected, then make sure to use vinegar for treating it. Mix 4 parts water with 1 part vinegar and soak the infected nail in the vinegar solution for at least 15-20 minutes. Dry the finger completely after taking it out. Repeating this procedure for 2-3 days would minimize the infection.
- Hydrogen Peroxide or H2O2 is a superb disinfectant which can effectively heal an ingrown fingernail. Get 35% food grade H2O2- take 2 tablespoons of it and dilute it with half a bucket of water. Now dip your affected fingernail in this solution for 15-20 minutes. The hydrogen peroxide treatment is considered the most effective treatment for ingrown nails since it not only makes the skin around the affected area soft, but also helps to allay the pain and infection. Make sure to dry your nail properly after the soak.
- Tea tree oil is an essential oil which works wonders against cases of infection. The antifungal and antibacterial properties of tea tree oil make it a very effective remedy against ingrown fingernails. Add a few drops of tea tree oil into lukewarm water and soak the fingernail for 15-20 minutes at least 2-3 times a day. You can also take about 4 drops of tea tree oil and mix it with one tablespoon of olive oil and massage the affected site gently.
The absorption of oil into the infected area would make the surrounding skin soft and give you prompt relief.