Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SameerYour feedback matters!
I have some dark spots on my face. It is cause of chickenpox. I don't know how to get rid of it. So please help me.
How do I get rid of a tan line? It is because of the turban I wear. Please suggest something? Thankyou:)
HI I am 27 years old. I had a so uneven skin tone. Especially at chin part its very dark. What should be the remedy.
My 21 year old sister had a tumour like something in her breast and has undergone with ultrasound of breast and her reports came hyperechoic lesion. What does that mean? And is it serious? What treatment is needed for this!
White Spots Appearing On My Neck Both Sides Left and Right, I Used Fluka 250 Mg on Friend Referring! Please Suggest There is Sometimes Itchy! Thank You!
My daughter has got herpes when she is in the first class. Now she is has completed her intermediate. But still she has the herpes marks on her face so how to get rid of them?
Hello sir I have problem of dark circles under eyes for last 3 years and my eye side are very weak I face difficulty in watching far things so pls tell me the solution to solve this I am very thank full to you.
I am 25 years old. please suggest me one best cleansing face wash. please suggest name name of the face wash. For daily use.
Hello Dr. My skin looks totally dull since my experience with scabies. Like I've lost my glow from inside. What should I do? Help me.
Mai jb 2 years ki thi tbhi se mujhe keera ki shikayt rahti hai. Anus mai khujli hoti thi bahut doctors to dikhaya kafi test bhi hue. Conclusion yahi tha ki keera hai. Mai continue 11,12 years k hone tk alopathic medicine khati rahi bt koi khas relief ni rehta tha. Fir maine homeopathic khana shuru kiya to kuch hd tk aaram ho gya. Ab 3,4 mnth mai hota hai. Bt aaj bhi khtm ni hua hai 13 k age se mere dono arms pr round round small white dots hai bich mai wo barh k big round patches mai bdal gya tha jo fael kr breast stomach ar back k skin pr hone lga brown in colour. Ar keera ka alopathic dwa jo 6 mnth mai kha skte hai wo khane se km ho gya ar skin k agar mai ek v din bina hand wash kiye khana kha lu to ek do din mai fir anus mai khujli shuru ho jaati hai 1 year back sai mera stomach k surface pr andr sai kuch hard jesa ho gya hai doctor ne kuch isse neurofibrosis btaya jo cure ni ho skta Bt avi 10 days say mujhe labia majora ar labia minora mai iching hai continue. Jo keera k kaarn hi hai. Mai jb bhi waha clobestrol medicine lgatu hu thek rehta hai fir after 5 hours shuru ho jata hai. please suggest something.
My face is oily one and with in a hour I lost glow in my face what should I do to be glow every time?
Dry skin refers to the lack of moisture within the skin, specifically within the layer known as epidermis. Dry skin is a fairly common condition resulting in the flaking of skin. The abnormal lack of moisture in skin can be caused by several influencing factors.
The loss of moisture:
Dry skin may be mild, where it may last for a few days to severe, where it lasts for prolonged periods of time. This tends to become increasingly common with age. Although normally having a dry skin is a common skin type, abnormally low moisture content in the skin might become a serious and chronic condition leading to many problems.
Causes of dry skin
1. Dry skin might be caused by winter weather or dry and harsh climatic conditions
2. Bathing or washing skin frequently with rough soap,
3. Severe deficiency of vitamin A
4. Using hot water for showers for prolonged periods of time
5. Individuals with eczema are more prone to dry skin and may lead to several bacterial infections as well
6. Underlying physical disorders such as hypothyroidism and diabetes may also be contributing factors.
7. Medication for lowering lood pressure, cholesterol and to remove acne may also lead to the dryness of skin.
The symptoms of dry skin include
1. Itchiness and discomfort
2. Tightness of skin
3. Continuous scratching
4. Appearance of white lines on scratching
5. Extremely dry skin may result in the cracking or breaking of skin causing pain and discomfort
6. Skin that easily bruises with minor abrasions
Dryness of skin is very common and can be treated easily. However, extreme dryness can lead to severe discomfort of the skin and cause infections and skin diseases. Visiting a dermatologist is always preferred in such cases.
1. Certain preventive steps you can take to prevent the occurrence of dry skin along with some treatment options are mentioned here.
2. Temporary dry skin may be treated with the use of lotion. Frequent moisturizing also helps.
3. It is also advisable to drink a lot of water and avoid soaps that suck moisture out of your skin.
4. You should also try and increase the intake of food rich in Vitamin A. Carrots, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, celery, are good examples of such food.
5. Natural oils may also be used to temporarily remove the dryness in skin. Regular massages and frequent application of moisturizing agents always helps.
6. You should also switch to bathing in cool or lukewarm water.
If the problem seems to persist, consult a dermatologist for further consultation. Special medicated lotions are often prescribed to deal with dry skin. Anti-itching lotions may also be prescribed by dermatologists along with certain oral medications for rare cases.