Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Salini TiwaryYour feedback matters!
I am not getting enough breast milk supply for my baby. What to do. I already take Galact granules 3 times daily. Lactare tablet twice daily. What do you suggest. When I feed her. She sucks for few 2 min and then starts crying. I want to increase milk flow. Pls help. Me.
It is common belief that people are highly interested in sex. However, this is not true. There are a lot of reasons which can reduce this sexual drive, known as libido. The reasons and therefore the causes are slightly different in men and in women. Read on to know some of the most common causes of reduced arousal in men and women and how to deal with it.
Causes of reduced arousal in men:
• Physiologically, sex is greatly influenced by the sex hormones and with age, as there is a gradual decline in the amount of these hormones in circulation, the sex drive also takes a dip. This need not be the case though.
• Stressed relationships is extremely common and though hormones have a big role to play, the mind is equally if not more important. If the couples are not happy, there is going to be no sex. As plain as that!
• Excessive smoking can reduce a person’s sexual arousal and even affect performance.
• Prescription medicines, lack of exercise, anxiety and depression are other causes that also reduce sexual desire.
• Testosterone replacement therapy in males is often used to boost sexual drive.
• Lifestyle changes including regular exercise, quitting or controlled smoking, stress management, healthy relationships can go a long way in improving sexual performance.
• If there are medications that are affecting the sexual drive, talk to your doctor and switch to an alternative.
• Counselling where the partner is also involved also is very important.
Women: The causes for low sexual drive in females is very different from men.
• Cultural differences: The cultural background and upbringing contribute in a big way to how responsive a person is. When it comes to sex, we as a country are still not very frank and open, and so there could be a perceived lack of desire. This is of course in the initial stages of a relationship and given some time, things would change.
• Relationship issues: Stressed relationships are definitely a big no-no for a physical relationship. Happy relationships definitely invite a lot more intimacy between the couple.
• Hormones: Testosterone which is present in both males and females affects sexual drive in women also. This hormone also gradually reduces over age, and causes some loss of libido.
• Medical problems: Depression, anxiety, endometriosis, fibroids, thyroid issues also affect a woman’s drive.
In managing this issue in women, psychology takes over a bigger role. Talking to the woman first and if required the partner helps in solving the issues in most women. Medical conditions, if present, should be corrected to address this issue. Hormone replacement and medication substitution also may be helpful if required.
During first time intercourse if sperm goes in vagina of a girl then she can become pregnant or not. Please advice
My wife's period circle is 29 days. Today 33 days. Period not comes. She is pregnant or not. How we know? What is the symptoms of pregnancy in 34 days.
Hii i'm 20 year old girl I have abirritate in my sex point. When I was approx 8 year old standing on a cooler stand suddenly my leg slip and I fell my sex strike on it badly I was having pain approx two days. This year on 29th feb I was having my first sex with my partner in first ejaculation he insert with out condom and others with condom bt pain was on the peak blood comes from my sex aftr 5 min my pain stops and I enjoyed I take I pill (for unwanted pregnancy) The day afer sex my pain starts and again I was having sex (with condom) on 4th march then I used to take'unwanted 72' (again to prevent pregnancy) approx 15 days after sex I was having pain regularly, then after irregularly mainly the day when I used to wear tight jeans I get abirritate in my sex point.
I had sex with my boyfriend dt 02.02. 16 and had taken I pill on 04 /02/16 2.00 afternoon before 54 hours so please reply whether it will stop my pregnancy.
I had intercourse using protection on Aug 2 and Aug 8 th. On Aug 2nd once or twice he came inside me without condom for 30 sec not more dan dat but he din ejaculate inside me and on 8th Aug we did using protection but at d end we noticed sperms wer spilled out. Soo within 2 hours I took emergency pill on 8th. Den I got my periods on same month 22aug .I've very normal cycle my normal date was 24th. I got my periods on 22nd Aug and again I got my periods on September 22nd bleeding was as usual for 6-7 days wid stomach cramping like Normal. Soo for two months my periods on time and normal but in dis month my periods s missing I've some kind of light white discharge wen its dried it looks light greenish since 10 days im having dis. Which I neva had it before from two days I've slight stomach ache and back ache. Periods is missing. After Aug 8th I Neva had any intercourse. Wat is dis doctor. I'm very tensed. I feel my lower abdomen is kind of bulged forward. I donno may b it's cos of stress I'm feeling like dis. Is it pregnancy is possible after getting two normal cycles? Till now everything was normal y now? Is it cos of d pill I've taken or I'm I pregnant? Pls help.
Can I know in a month what r the days when have sex have low chances of pregnancy. It's before I have period or after I have periods. Can you explain me in detail.
My wife was get period on 30/11/2016 and now till now she is not getting period and I hav confirmed c is pregnant bt I do not want baby now. So tell me whats any option to avoid pregnancy.
I am having pcod problem. I get pregnant. I got cesarean delivery. Aft delivery pcod will cured or not.
Me & my husband are trying for a baby since 2 years. I have pcos & I'm undergoing treatment for that already. 2 days before doctor advised my husband to go for semen analysis. We got the report yesterday. My husband has 30 % active motility & 70 % abnormal (sperm analysis ). He has high glucose & cholesterol levels to. Is he OK? Doctor prescribed medicines & advised him for exercise & some food restrictions. My question is, does 30% active motility is poor or it is somewhat OK? Is that very low? Does it affects me in conceiving?
During periods my stomach use to pain and I used to take meftal spas and I get relief by this medicine .but I visited to gyno to overcome for this problem forever becz in every period my stomach use to pain .doc has given me 2 medicine drotin D's and Yasmin 21 pills. Now I am totally confuse whether I should take Yasmin 21 pills or not .plz suggest.
Hlo. I am pcod patient. Now my period is 15 days late. I got negative pregnancy result (urine test. But I am feeling so tried and feeling something happened (like pushing) on left lower abdominal. And sometimes light pain on my upper left stomach. Dr. asked me to wait for 2 weeks and thn we go for pregnancy test. Now I am worried whether I am pregnant or I am having some more problem related to my ovary.
Many heart attack patients are concerned about resuming sexual relations. Some patients worry they are not healthy enough and that sexual activity will put too much strain on the heart or cause another heart attack. Partners of heart attack patients often worry about these issues even more so than the patient. As a result of these concerns, many couples are reluctant to resume sexual activity.
Most patients are safely able to resume sexual relations at some point after a heart attack. The strain on the heart during sexual intercourse is about the same as from walking up two flights of stairs. However, specific recommendations for resuming sexual relations depend on a number of factors, including the severity of the heart attack and the degree of residual heart function. The decision to resume sexual relations should be discussed with a physician.
Some men and women become depressed after a heart attack, which can interfere with sexual drive and performance. In addition, men who are taking beta-blockers may experience erectile dysfunction. Abrupt discontinuation of these medications is dangerous and discontinuation should be discussed with a physician.