Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Salini TiwaryYour feedback matters!
Suffering from pcos. Periods were always on time. One day due period. Very dry cervical mucus and sometimes watery but dries up soon. Am I pregnant?
I am 21 years old male .once I met sexually with my girl friend she is 19 years old .now she did not get the periods so we are afraid about the pregnancy .if she get pregnancy how can we avoid the pregnancy sir .help me sir.
We had protected sex on 5 Dec we are sure nothing went wrong even the guy is sure n now period were due on 26 as in Nov I got it on 26 n now it's 28 m worried about it what to do. Please help me.
I am late by 14 days of my period I had a ovulation strip at home, tried that and got 2 lines does this mean I am pregnant.
Hi Dr. I give birth of a baby on 23 nov n delivery was normal. Bleeding was continue at least one month uske baad beech m kuchh dino k lye stop thi bhut kam na k baraabr. Bt abhi last 3 days se jada start ho gyi. Has period started? For every month?
Hi Dr. I am 36 years old. My first baby is 6 months old now. Breastfeeding is still going. I want to conceive soon for second baby. Please suggest regarding breastfeeding and how I can know that my body is ready for 2nd baby. I have pcod also.
The available eggs in the ovaries at a time are collectively called an ovarian reserve. Low reserve happens when the production of eggs reduces. This affects the chances of pregnancy. The general cause of low reserves can be aging ovaries. In such cases, the ovary may be healthy and functioning even if the reserve is low. Production of eggs lower as a woman ages. A woman starts with 25,000 to 5,00,000 eggs at puberty and ends up with 1000 eggs at menopause.
Low reserves are caused by
- Production of eggs decreases: Chromosomal abnormalities like Turner syndrome (lack of two X chromosomes) and genetic anomalies like Fragile X can decrease egg production.
- Ovarian tissue damage: Rough torsion, endometriosis triggered ovarian cysts, malignant or benign tumours, surgical removal of ovary or any other part of it, chemotherapy or radiation, pelvic adhesions, immunological problems or high BMI (Body Mass Index) can destroy the ovarian tissues.
If a woman has low ovarian reserves, then she will be put on the either of the following protocols:
- Short GnRHa Flare: Gonadotrophin releasing-hormone-agonist (GnRHa) like Lupron, Nafarelin, Synarel or Buserelin is administered. This therapy is initiated at the onset of menstruation. The goal of the treatment is to stimulate the release of the follicular stimulating hormone (FSH) which augments the ovarian follicular growth.
- Combined Clomiphene or Gonadotrophin/Letrozole Stimulation: Older women are mostly administered this protocol. But it is strongly advised not to, as this protocol can potentially harm the egg or the embryo.
- Mid-follicular GnRH-antagonist protocol: Once the GnRHa-agonist protocol is commenced, the GnRH-antagonist is given several days later. Once the follicles reach the size of 12mm, GnRHa antagonists like Ganirelix, Orgalutran, Cetrotide and Cetrorelix are added. These drugs stop the pituitary from secreting the luteinizing hormone (FSH leads to secretion of this hormone).
- Long GnRHa Pituitary Down Regulation Protocol: This is the usual approach to deal with low ovarian reserves.
- Agonist/Antagonist Conversion Protocol: This protocol inhibits FSH production. This protocol generally yields good results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
i am suffering for pcos from 3years. My main problem is very very low menstrual flow, just 2 or 3 drops .I did not need to wear a pad. I am not overweight I am underweight ,my weight is just 40 kg I also suffering from hirthuism. I eat allopathy medicine for 3 years, doctor give me oc oils. Now I am on homeopathic treatment from 2 years, but did not get any result, my period flow is extremely low, It is present in just few seconds and it comes after 45 days. How can get a normal period flow?
Meri girlfriend hai. Par wo patli hai. Mera penis mota aur jada hai. Uski vagina me mera penis jata nahi. Please salah dijiye.
My wife has pregnant for 2 weeks. Is it possible abortion by medicine? If yes then which type of medicine will be effective and surely happen abortion. Please help and support us because we don't want any child right now.
Iast time I had a question about my wife not period properly. We have sex with condom. Her period had delayed for 10 days. When checked with prega new found positive. Since I already have 2 years kid and not willing to keep the coming one. What to do.
Hello respected doctors I am 29 years old and my husband age 47 years. My last period end 5th june, 2 days before me take unwanted 72 and unfortunately we did unprotected sexual intercourse today morning. What can I do now. Please help.
Humne 10 din pahle unprotected sex kiya tha. Uska period aane ka time aa gaya hai aur 2-3 jyada ho gaya hai But period nhi start hua. please help urgent.
There are several herbal treatments available to help infertile couples and one such treatment is known as Ayurveda.
Ayurveda highlights the importance of a healthy body of the woman even before conception. Dried asparagus is used in the preparation of Ayurveda and it contains proteins, carbohydrates, natural steroids, and polysaccaroids. Infertile couples can use its tonic that revitalizes their reproductive system. This herb has proven extremely useful in the treatment of male side fertility problems i.e. premature ejaculation, impotence, lower sperm count, or less motile sperms. Visiting a reputable infertility clinic (link to sablok clinic goes here) will help you a lot.
Ayurveda is highly effective for female fertility problems and its regular use prepares a woman’s body for conception. Reproductive strength of the couple actually depends on the fitness of reproductive tissues in both man and woman. The woman releases her ovum as a result of her menstrual cycle while a man releases his semen (containing sperms) when his reproductive system receives stimulation from the environment. The reproductive cycle needs energy that the body gets from the digestion of food intake. As a result, when a person eats healthy food, he is likely to acquire a stronger body and powerful reproductive sperms, hence resulting in the production of healthy babies.
Ayurveda fertility treatment assumes the fertility to be the result of the transformation of sperm and egg and if there is any hindrance in the way, the process doesn’t occur. This process will not initiate unless it is rejuvenated by ensuring the health and strength of both egg and sperm. Ayurveda experts suggest that there are certain foods that strengthen the reproductive system better than others. These foods include milk, pomegranate, almonds, pumpkin, honey, and sesame seeds. Ayurveda also suggests a detoxification program that involves simple eating and a regular oil massage. The treatment emphasizes eating khichdi on daily basis as it considers it to be the best healing food. Besides khichdi, the patient should take spice tea to clear toxins in his or her body. Daily massage of sesame oil also helps in conception as it dilates the skin of the patient.
Ayurveda treatment specialists also recommend that the environment and preparation of making love and having sex is also important. It is necessary to set a background that contains an aromatic and romantic ambiance over a soothing and relaxing couch or bed. This union is very important in that two forces are going to merge together to produce a new life. Peace of mind is necessary to achieve success in the process. For more details you can contact us at our helpline number.
Post earthquake the biggest fear is cholera epidemic. One must learn lessons from the Haitri cholera epidemic where ten months after the largest urban disaster in modern history, a devastating 7.0-magnitude earthquake on January 12, 2010 that killed over 316,000 and affected 3 million, Haiti faced an outbreak of cholera.
By the end of 2011, the outbreak resulted in over 500,000 infections and 7,000 deaths. Cholera also spread to the Dominican Republic which by end of 2011 recorded over 21,000 cholera cases and 363 deaths. In the epidemic patient zero was identified as a 28-year-old Haitian who was exposed to cholera while bathing in, and drinking from, a river near the peacekeepers.
Ending the epidemic requires a concerted, multi-sectoral effort; reconstruction of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure; hygiene education and free access to cholera treatment.
Cholera is a bacterial disease that can cause diarrhea and dehydration. It spreads through the ingestion of contaminated food or drinking water.
Travelers should drink and use safe water. Bottled water with unbroken seals and canned/bottled carbonated beverages are safe. One should use safe water to brush teeth, wash and prepare food, and make ice. One should clean food preparation areas and kitchenware with soap and safe water and let dry completely before reuse. One should not use piped water, drinks sold in cups or bags, or ice. All drinking water and water used to make ice should be boiled or treated with chlorine.
Safe water can be prepared by boiling it for one minute or treating the water with chlorine purification tablets or household bleach.
One can add 8 drops of household bleach for every 1 gallon of water (or 2 drops of household bleach for every 1 liter of water) and wait 30 minutes before drinking.
One should always store your treated water in a clean, covered container.
Washing hands is the best bet. One should wash hands often with soap and safe water before eating food, before preparing prepare food, before feeding children, after using the latrine or toilet, after cleaning child?s bottom and after taking care of someone ill with diarrhea. If no soap is available one can scrub hands often with ash or sand and rinse with safe water.
One should use latrines or bury the feces. One should not defecate in open. One can use chemical toilets. One should clean latrines and surfaces contaminated with feces using a solution of 1 part household bleach to 9 parts water.
One should defecate at least 30 meters away from any body of water and then bury the feces. One should dig new latrines or temporary pit toilets at least a half-meter deep and at least 30 meters away from any body of water.
Regarding cooking food, one should cook food well (especially seafood), keep it covered, eat it hot, and peel fruits and vegetables.
Remember the formula, Boil it, cook it, peel it, or leave it.
Sea food precautions, be sure to cook shellfish (like crabs and crayfish) until they are very hot all the way through.
Wash children, diapers, and clothes at least 30 meters away from drinking water sources.
I had a sex with my girlfriend 2 months she had under period and in the third month she was pregnant is this possible.
Hello doctor. I just got married 2 months back. Actually my wife don't want to get pregnant for 01 year. So please tell me what is the safe time to have sex without protection or condom.
1. Put one or two lemon slices in the water and drink it. It helps to reduce vomiting sensation.
2. Make powder out of ginger root and add three teaspoons of it to boiled water. Now let the become cool. Sip this water throughout the day.
3. Chew on anise or fennel seeds, which are best to soothe upset stomach.
4. Drink a glass of water every hour can reduce morning sickness.
5. Drinking peppermint tea in the morning also relieves from morning sickness.
6. Raspberry leaf tea is another way to fight the morning sickness. It's safe to take 1.5 to 2.4g of tea leaf per day.
7. Take a glass of cool water and mix a tablespoon each of honey and apple cider vinegar to it. Drinking this mixture daily in morning, is an effective remedy for morning sickness.
8. Prepare a mixture of 1 teaspoon of fresh limejuice, 1/2 teaspoon of ginger juice, 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon mint juice. Consume this mixture 3 to 4 times daily.
9. Take juice of about 25 fresh curry leaves and mix it with 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of fresh limejuice. Daily take this mixture for 3 to 4 times.