Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Saleem NaikYour feedback matters!
I am a 21 year old male and I have stomach pain (acidity) from past two months and I was drinking alovera juice along with ginger, garlic and mint juice daily once. There was some recovery but if I ate something that is spicy or non veg then pain comes again so suggest me something to get rid of this pain.
Hello mam / sir. Does Acidity makes cancer? I fell more Acidity now a days. Sacred about that. Any suggestions? Plz.
Recently I have done USG of whole abdomen. Result shown that enlarged ovary with suggestive chocolate cysts. One cyst in each ovary. Right oavry measures 3.8 cm x 4.2 cm and left one measures 2.7 cm x 4.4 cm. Pouch of Douglas is free written. No ascites and lymphadenopathy is seen. No size of the cyst is mentioned in report. Can the cyst be cured with medicine?
Sir, when I go to latrine some amount of blood passing through the Ass with slightly pain give me solution please tell why it's happening.
My stomach is upset from many days. Now suffering from gastric from 10 days. Please suggest treatment.
Severe indigestion even after maintaining timely eating, no fried food etc worse after 5PM then forced to have Di gene at times when worse even need to have ENO.
I am having chronic gas problem, sometimes it leads to tightened of stomach and dizziness also. please guide me with this.
Hi doctor as I am felling always in my stomach that there is always a hyperacidity as there is a fire burning in my stomach and I also feels some nausea what is the cause pls answer me.
I am 40 years old. I have heart burning symptoms always and I have digestion problems also. My gall bladder is removed last year. What should I do? please advice me.
I'm 21 years old man, I'm suffering from fever since 2 days, abdominal pain sometimes (not frequent), loose stools 2 to 3 times a day.
I have evacuation at night from last 5 year. In past I urinate less but now I urinate more but still it remained. And also I getting blood in my stool with burning sensation and intestine pain little. Tell both answer.
Hi Doctor, I am 28 years old female. Having lower abdomen pain every time from last 4 months, 12 days prior to menstruation.
I have digestive problems since last 3 months. Biggest problem is loose motion. I loss 5 Kg weight in last 3 months. Help me.
Gastritis is a very common health issue and is faced by all all age groups. There are many factors that lead to gastritis or compound the already existing situation. Basically, gastritis is swelling of stomach lining. Spicy food, medicines, tobacco, alcohol etc. can cause or increase the gastric acid production and disturb, weaken or damage the normal stomach lining.
Gastritis is of two types:
- Acute gastritis, which occurs suddenly
- Chronic gastritis, which develops over a period of time
In India, gastritis is a very common disorder which occurs at any age but is more widespread in the adolescent age group (12-17 years).
Gastritis occurs when there is an imbalance between the acid production and damage to the stomach lining, resulting in swelling of the stomach lining. However, sometimes gastritis can cause pain in the upper part of the abdomen and may lead to stomach ulcers.
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people there are even no symptoms. It also depends on the duration of disease, whether it is acute (happening suddenly) or chronic (causing symptoms over a long period of time).
The most common symptoms of acute gastritis include:
- Water brashes (sour fluid or tasteless saliva into the mouth)
- Belching (expelling air from the stomach through the mouth)
- Abdominal bloating or stomach fullness
- Upper abdominal pain or discomfort
- Nausea/feeling of vomiting
- Irregular bowel movement
- Recurrent indigestion
Simple natural ways to treat gastritis:
- Taking half a gram of long pepper powder with honey is an effective way to curb gastritis. It is advisable to take this mixture twice a day.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot after dinner.Fennel seeds also very efficiently deals with the condition of gastritis. It is advisable to chew half a teaspoon of fennel seeds after food to keep gastritis at bay.
- Readily available lemon also helps relieve feeling of nausea and bloating. Having lemon juice subsides vomiting sensation and bloating.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot 20 minutes after dinner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.