Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sakuntala
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SakuntalaYour feedback matters!
I have placenta praevia now I got this in my reports No e/o placenta praevia or retro-placenta clots seen What it's mine?
Hymenoplasty se or koi problem to ni Hoti ise karane me Kitna time or paisa lagega kya ise husband ko koi saq ni Hoga fir.
I am Pcos patient. Consulted a doctor he gave me meprate and progynova I wanted to know does any of these help in Breast development?
My boyfriend touches my breast with the hands and he kiss me can I get pregnancy? 2 month was gone still my periods not come?
Kya sex krte time pussy kiss krte time pussy se aane vala pani peena chahiye ya nhi ,please tell me.
Can intercourse during pregnancy is allowable? please let me clarify ;wife is 4 month pregnant. please let me know, Thanking you.
Hi get a larg amount f white discharge every day. And when I have intercourse with my partner I get rashes and boils. Now my vagina is also itching. What to do to get instant relief. Also my private part is too big in size is there any way to reduce it.
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.
If menstrual cycle is repeated after 30 days and periods comes on 26 julv then what is the best period for 100% safe sex!
I am not a virgin now & I am not married so what should I do to tighten my vagina so that my partner vl be satisfied with my vagina.
I have thyroid using 75 mg everyday and using pcos tablets ovabless and myo inositol so spotting from last 3 weeks is it normal or abnormal? Should I any tablet to control my spotting and can I have a sex for getting conceive.
I am 20 and half years old F. I wanted to ask how safe is it to use emergency contraceptives like i-pill. Is it safe if taken at 4 month intervals? On scale of 1 to 10, how harmful can it be if taken in 4 month interval in average case?
I am 30 year old woman I have 10 month son I breastfeed him daily bt now my husband want to drink breast milk so can I give him?
My wife is 35 now. 1 and half year back she delivered a baby boy. 31 or 34 weeks gestation. It was a c section. The doctor after two days pulled the suture. The would has still not got cured. Kindly advise.
Reproductive medicine has gained a lot of attention recently with its increasing scope and opportunity. This branch of medicine is concerned with improving reproductive health, preventing reproductive disorders, diagnosis of infertility issues and allowing couples to have children when they choose to be parents. The scope of reproductive medicine is based on endocrinology, anatomy and physiology. Here are some things you need to know about reproductive medicine:
Reproductive medicine includes many aspects of human health and other factors. Sexual dysfunction, puberty, birth control, sex education, family planning are some of the factors that it is concerned with it. In women, issues such as ovulation, menstruation, menopause and pregnancy are of immense importance in reproductive medicine.
Methods and techniques
Methods to assess any reproductive abnormality include reproductive surgery, laboratory methods while methods of treatment are prescription of fertility medication, counseling and surgery. In vitro fertilization or ivf has become one of the most effective treatments to enable pregnancy. This treatment allows the examination of the embryo before implementation.
Specialists in reproductive medicine are trained in gynecology and obstetrics which is followed by infertility and reproductive endocrinology. Some of them specialize in urology followed by andrology. Training is also provided for contraception specialization. Usually, specialists in this branch of medicine receive education in particular organizations that deal with only human reproductive disorders.