Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SahitaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old female and I am married four years back now I have to get pregnant. pLease suggest tips
Many of my Diabetic people (I won’t call them patient as Diabetes is Lifestyle Disorder ) keep asking me about Bhindi / Ladyfinger and its benefit for Diabetes. So I thought of compiling up this scientific information for all My Sweet people. I hope you all find it useful.
Okra (Ladyfinger) is fast gaining a reputation as a so-called 'superfood' for people with or at risk of Diabetes or Cancer.
WHAT IS OKRA?
They are vegetables commonly used for making soups, stews or as a fried/boiled vegetable.
These tender pods are VERY LOW IN CALORIES, providing just 30 calories per 100 gms, and contain NO SATURATED FATS OR CHOLESTEROL. They are also rich in nutrients, completely Non-Toxic, and have No Adverse side effects.
HOW CAN IT HELP TREAT DIABETES?
Okra having Anti-Diabetic properties has increased in recent years, with multiple studies confirming Okra as a potent blood glucose-lowering (or Anti-Diabetic) food.
When dried and ground okra peels and seeds are consumed they reduced blood glucose levels.
Many people with Diabetes have reported decreasing blood sugar levels after soaking cut-up okra pieces in water overnight and then drinking the juice in the morning, while in Turkey roasted okra seeds have been used as a traditional diabetes medicine for generations.
WHAT'S SCIENCE BEHIND THIS EFFECT?
The SUPERIOR INSOLUBLE FIBREcontained in okra is believed to help stabilize Blood Glucose by SLOWING SPEED OF SUGAR ABSORPTION FROM THE INTESTINAL TRACT.
OTHER HEALTH BENEFITS
1.Rich in vitamins and minerals.
2.Rich in Antioxidants
3.Preventing and improving constipation
5.Reducing the risk of some forms of Cancer, especially Colorectal Cancer
6.Improving energy levels
7.Improving symptoms of Depression
8.Helping to treat sore throat , ulcers and lung inflammation
TALK TO YOUR DIABETOLOGIST
If you are diagnosed with Diabetes and on medication, check with your Diabetologist doctor that any natural remedies you plan on using are safe alongside prescription medicines (Insulin, Oral Hypoglycemic Medicine etc) before making any changes to your diet and/or treatment.
Thank you for Reading it. I hope it has helped you.
During winters, it is very important to eat food (like tomatoes, oranges, strawberry, etc) that are rich source of vitamin c as these help in improving immunity and fighting infections.
High vitamin c foods are
Bell peppers, dark leafy greens, kiwifruit, broccoli, berries, citrus fruits.
Hi I am 43 took meprate for delayed periods after one tablet I find spotting Dr. advised me to stop tablet years periods r coming but it's clear after one day spotting .what shud I do.
I am 40 years old. Thyroidectomy has done. Heavy bleeding in periods. Total duration is 10 days. This time I got spots again after 14 days. Now what to do?
Hi, I'm 24/FM unmarried. I have missed my periods since last 2 months. What is the reason behind this. Waiting for your response.
1. Find the right time to talk, Talking to your partner, avoid criticizing, confide in your partner the changes in your body, be honest don't fake an orgasm!
2. Educate yourself, give yourself some time, as we age our sexual responses slow down our partner can help by setting up a free calm setting for love making. Also u under the physical changes in your body means you will take more time to get aroused,
3. Use lubrication which are water based.
4. Maintain physical intimacy by hugging, cuddling, kissing even if you do not have sex, it helps in physical and Mental bonding to grown stronger.
5. Practice touching that's what sensate focus is all about using your senses of touch, smell, hearing, sight, and talking, you can give and receive feedback as to which touch is more pleasurable to you.
6. Try different positions for change and adventure.
7. Write down your fantasies and enact them if you are too shy email them to your partner
8. Strengthen your pelvic muscles by doing kegel exercises, to enjoy sex more.
9. Try to relax before coitus, like go for dinner or watch a movie together
10. Maintaining good health, yr sexual well being goes hand in hand with your physical, mental, emotional well being therefore the same habits will keep your sexual life in top shape should you take care of your health.
11. Don't smoke as it leads to peripheral vascular disorder which affect blood flow to the penis and clitoris.
12. Use alcohol in moderation too much alcohol will kill the performance but gives desire.
13. Eat right as it keeps you in shape and Away from cardiovascular disorder, cholesterol etc, keep your body image positive and increases the libido.
14. Use your genitals or loose it, its as simple as that
15. Be sexual, be adventurous, be creative, be playful leave notes in your partner pockets and purses, send flirty tests
16. Most importantly be Romantic, the most important tool that your armed with is your attitude sexuality. Armed with good information and positive outlook you will be able to
Hello doctor. I had medicine for postponing my periods. Near about for 10 days in february. I was expecting my periods on 19 but I came on 27 of march. First 2 days it was normal but 5, 6 and 7th day it was more than usual. Now I have missed my date and still have not got periods. Please suggest me what to do. Thank you.
I am 20 year girl .My hemoglobin level is 5.4. I feel sudden pain in my body and bones. I also feel weakness, my heartbeat is also very high, this happened to me from a long time ago. What's the problem.
Diabetes is often considered as deadly as cancer. It is a disease that requires lifestyle changes and diet modifications. It is also a disease that affects almost the entire system of your body. Whether you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, it will do you a world of good to understand the effects of diabetes. Neurovascular damage is one of the most common effects, this means that diabetes will affect the nerves and blood supply of the body.
While Type 1 diabetes makes its presence felt much earlier and is hereditary quite often, Type 2 appears later in life with age and cumulative stress. The effects of diabetes are related to the duration of the disease. Therefore, people with Type 1 diabetes are more likely to have the symptoms early on and need to learn to manage them. Type 2 makes its appearance later, but needs good monitoring for the effects to not surface or prolong the severity of symptoms.
As we all know, all body systems are affected by diabetes, sexual health is no exception. Diabetes decreases blood supply and impacts the nerves in the genitals, thus causing a series of issues right from reduced libido and erectile dysfunction in males to vaginal dryness and painful coitus (perunia) in females.
Listed below are issues diabetic men and women face in terms of sexual health:
- Diabetes reduces testosterone levels, which is directly reflected in reduced libido. Altered nerve function does not provide proper signals to the penis and there is also reduced blood flow to the organ. Both these can diminish the chances of a good erection. Studies have shown that among men who have had diabetes for 10 years, about 50% have experienced erectile dysfunction.
- The affected nerve function also leads to difficulties in reaching a climax. Diabetes in men can additionally cause Peyronie's disease, which leads to a curved penis, and this leads to painful and difficult erections and coitus.
- It leads to reduced sexual desire due to testosterone levels. Vaginal dryness is very common in females with diabetes and therefore, there is a definite decline in the urge.
- The above mentioned neurovascular damage also prevents women from reaching a good climax, as the nerve supply is affected.
- Diabetes also increases the predisposition to urinary tract infections, which can lead to painful sexual experience due to additional vaginal dryness and itching.
Finally, as much as it may sound as a cause for concern, it is not. People with diabetes know that making small lifestyle changes can go a long way in terms of onset of symptoms, their severity, and the leading of a normal life. Modifications in diet and lifestyle to include healthy eating, reduced stress, and exercising are very useful. It is also very important to talk to your doctor about how your sexual health has changed with diabetes. It is a sensitive and private topic, but if you are concerned about it, then do not hesitate to seek help.