Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SahaniYour feedback matters!
Gynaecological endoscopy is a surgical practice that aids in diagnosing the most common female disorders, such as minute vaginal haemorrhages, infertility problems and endometrial polyps (noncancerous growths on the inner uterine wall). It uses a small and slender optical device to diagnose such problems.
Gynaecological endoscopy is of two types
- Hysteroscopy: A small optical instrument is inserted at the neck of the uterus; it is used to examine the inside of the uterine cavity, and in some cases, is used to remove endometrial polyps.
- Laparoscopy: It is done through a small incision on the belly to examine the Fallopian tubes, the ovaries and the uterus; it is minimally invasive.
Gynaecological endoscopy has the following advantages
- Recovery time is minimised
- Lesser risks of infections, or other side-effects
You do not need to do a lot to prepare for endoscopy. Here are the few things you have to go through before this surgery is conducted:
- The preparation depends on the kind of surgery to be done. You might require imaging tests. Also, the doctor may recommend an enema or even fasting.
- You need to inform your doctor about any medication you are taking, including supplements or non-prescription drugs. Stop taking your medications before the procedure.
- The surgery is mostly done under general anaesthesia.
- A catheter (a small tube) is inserted to collect urine and carbon dioxide is used to fill your abdomen once you are asleep. The gas keeps your organs safe by keeping the abdominal wall away from them. This reduces the dangers of injury.
- A small incision in your navel will allow the surgeon to insert the endoscope. The endoscope relays images on a screen, giving a clear image of your organs to your doctor. Consult a gynaecologist online.
This is the first time I am experiencing the change. I am trying to have a baby. I am staying with my husband since 4 months (he works out of india).in this 4 months; 2 months I had regular periods. Then the 3rd month there was no periods as well as no positive pregnancy, late after 28 days I got my periods. This month once again my periods are 10 days late. I had a pregnancy test on the 7th day and it was negative. I so want to be pregnant please help me. I am not staying in india fr now and I am not financially so good to take up the tests in this country as they r too costly. Please help. My bisa end my next month. What shall I do.(i always had regular tym to tym periods)
Hi, normally I was having menstrual period for length of 5 days but now its reduced to 2 and 3 days also feeling lots of tiredness. Is this something wrong?
Role of antidepressants and cholesterol on your sex life
Being on anti-depressant medication can cause erectile dysfunction as a side effect in some cases. It is very important you talk to your doctor or psychiatrist and explain to him if you feel the loss of or weak erection after you start your medicines so that he make the required changes to your prescription. (as a side note, you should never self-medicate or change your medication, always consult with your doctor and take his advice.)
High cholesterol can also lead to ed. (as a side note: just taking medication to keep it under check is not enough, you should also exercise and improve your diet as well especially if you lead a sedentary lifestyle. Eat healthy and avoid junk as much as possible. If your erection problems still persist then you should get in touch with a qualified sexologist to get further guidance on how to overcome your problem.
Nightfall is something that usually does not require treatment. It is the overflow of semen and should not be a cause for concern. The sticky pre-cum that is secreted from the penis when one is sexually aroused (while talking or watching erotica) is also a natural occurrence in both men and women, it should also not bother you.
Age should not be a barrier to enjoying sex. As long as you feel physically fit and have the stamina to indulge in sexual activities; you should do so. There is no age limit to do so and a lot of senior citizens have sex till very late in life.
My periods are very much painful. I take painkiller like nice. The pain is very much on the first day. I have been taking pain killers since I was in class 8th I am 20 now. Sometimes I take 2-3 painkillers a day during the first few days of my periods.
I'm 22, I have my periods only for a day or max only for 2days. But It comes on the regular dates every month wit a lot of pain. Please help!
I have a 3 year old child, my wife served breastfeeding till 1.5 years, still her breast produce milk, didn't dried up, pls suggest what to do?
Hello I'm 21 years old I've missed my periods this month and pregnancy tests are all negative but I have stomach ache body pain vomiting head ache. Last month I got ma periods on jan 7 and now that February is also over I have still not got periods. Am I pregnant?
Hi, I am a 27 year old woman. I am suffering from hypothyroidism and taking regular medications for it. I am not married yet, and due to family issues I would not be marrying before two years. Which means I would be around 29 when I get married. I am not interested in having kids for at least 2 years post marriage, so by the time I want one I would turn 31. Everybody keeps telling me that if you are hypothyroid you will have a hell lot of complication if you conceive after 30. I do not want to have kids just because of society's pressure. I want kids when I am mentally prepared to take care of them. Hence please let me know is it really going to be risky for me to have kids after 30, will it lead to any complication?
I want to conceive and my age is 35. I m not aware of whether its safe to conceive at this age. Pls guide me on this.
Pl suggest a lubricant for sex which is easily available at chemists and is safe and may not cause any infection ?
My wife is pregnant from last 2 months now a days she is complaining me about difficulty in morning motion, what can I do now?
1. Find the right time to talk, Talking to your partner, avoid criticizing, confide in your partner the changes in your body, be honest don't fake an orgasm!
2. Educate yourself, give yourself some time, as we age our sexual responses slow down our partner can help by setting up a free calm setting for love making. Also u under the physical changes in your body means you will take more time to get aroused,
3. Use lubrication which are water based.
4. Maintain physical intimacy by hugging, cuddling, kissing even if you do not have sex, it helps in physical and Mental bonding to grown stronger.
5. Practice touching that's what sensate focus is all about using your senses of touch, smell, hearing, sight, and talking, you can give and receive feedback as to which touch is more pleasurable to you.
6. Try different positions for change and adventure.
7. Write down your fantasies and enact them if you are too shy email them to your partner
8. Strengthen your pelvic muscles by doing kegel exercises, to enjoy sex more.
9. Try to relax before coitus, like go for dinner or watch a movie together
10. Maintaining good health, yr sexual well being goes hand in hand with your physical, mental, emotional well being therefore the same habits will keep your sexual life in top shape should you take care of your health.
11. Don't smoke as it leads to peripheral vascular disorder which affect blood flow to the penis and clitoris.
12. Use alcohol in moderation too much alcohol will kill the performance but gives desire.
13. Eat right as it keeps you in shape and Away from cardiovascular disorder, cholesterol etc, keep your body image positive and increases the libido.
14. Use your genitals or loose it, its as simple as that
15. Be sexual, be adventurous, be creative, be playful leave notes in your partner pockets and purses, send flirty tests
16. Most importantly be Romantic, the most important tool that your armed with is your attitude sexuality. Armed with good information and positive outlook you will be able to