Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SahaniYour feedback matters!
Hello! I'm a 20 year old girl. I have been getting regular periods and suddenly I got my periods after 1.5 month. I hope it normal. And i am not bleeding yet. I got it today. Can you please help me which gown remedies.
We are planning for baby this month, should she has to avoid hard work like picking up full bucket water etc?
Is there any chances of normal delivery if Baby's head is not engaged. Today I am 39 weeks pregnant. I am 23 years old. This is my first pregnancy. I am not having any health issues. Baby head came down at 7th month itself. I am so worried. Please help me.
Drug addiction is an addiction of a very severe kind. This causes the sufferer i.e. the drug addict to seek and use drugs compulsively despite the destructive consequences to themselves and those around them. This is known as a chronic brain disease because of the functional and structural changes it causes in the brain. It is the overpowering dependence on illegal or legal medications and drugs. One cannot quit taking drugs just by strong will or good intentions. Ayurveda's holistic method combines exercises, meditation, and herbal medicines to cure addiction towards drugs.
- Panchakarma Therapies-Only an ayurvedic expert should perform the panchakarma therapies and rituals on you. It promotes cleanliness and helps in detoxifying the body. These therapies are done using various herbs and oils in accordance with the ancient traditions to eliminate negative conditions.
- Virechana-It is the most useful Panchakarma therapy to treat addiction. Virechana is known to cleanse the gastro-intestinal tract and purify the blood of toxins of a period of a few days. It helps decontaminate your spleen, stomach, liver, kidneys, colon, intestines and sweat glands through varied herbs and laxatives such as castor oil, mango juice, raisins, cow's milk, psyllium seeds, flaxseed husk, prune and senna.
- Rasayana therapies-Rasayana therapy is another very useful Ayurvedic treatment for treating drug abuse and addiction. It is based upon the transmutation and conservation of energy to improve the mental as well as physical characteristics in order to increase your body's natural metabolic processes while enhancing your immune system and brain function. Rasayana therapy consists of intricate face, head and full body massages which are combined with medicated creams and herb oils. This therapy is also useful to remove artificial aging which occurs due to prolonged drug abuse.
- Yoga-The chaotic chemicals are known to wreak havoc on the drug addict's brain during the process of recovery. Resorting to exercise or yoga will help generate extra endorphins which are very helpful for clarity. To recover from drug addiction, you must join a structured yoga class along with other ayurvedic therapies. Yoga is beneficial since it stimulates every part of your body without applying too much stress on any one part. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Jamun is one of the most beneficial fruit for human health. It is also known by the name of black plum and is a summer fruit which is popular in every household. It belongs to the Myrtaceae family. The ancient system of medicine, Ayurveda, celebrates the fruit of Jamun for the several benefits it offers, and a few are mentioned below:
- Beneficial for diabetic patients: Ayurveda recommends the diabetic patients to consume jamun. Research has proven that jamun has a lot of potential to e used in making drugs that would be a safer option. Another research has shown that a 30% decrease can be seen in the levels of blood sugar when jamun is consumed daily. Secondary complications that are known to occur because of diabetes are also reduced with the consumption of jamun. Excess thirst and frequent urination are also kept under control with jamun. Madhumehantak Churna is consumed by many diabetic patients which is an Ayurvedic product of jamun.
- Good for immune system and improving bone strength: Some healthy nutrients like iron, calcium, potassium, and Vitamin C are present in high amounts in jamun. Because of the presence of these nutrients, it enhances the functioning of the immune system and strengthens your bones. Jamun is widely used in Ayurveda to relieve stress.
- Keeps you safe from heart diseases: Anthocyanidins, elegiac acid and anthocyanins are the compounds that are present in jamun. These compounds are well-known for their anti-inflammatory effect. Apart from that, they are also very good anti-oxidants. Thus, jamun helps in preventing cholesterol oxidation and formation of plaque that can increase your heart risks. Besides the benefits that are already mentioned, jamun is a rich source of potassium. We all know that potassium prevents hypertension and hypertension is a significant risk factor for those who are prone to heart diseases. It is said that in each 100g serving of jamun, the amount of potassium present is 55g.
- Useful in treating infections: The jamun fruit is not the only thing that is utilitarian. The other parts of the plant, that is, its seed, barks, and leaves, have their own health benefits too. One of those health benefits is treating infections. All these parts have the capability of treating infections. Compounds like malic acid, tannins, oxalic acid and gallic acid are present in jamun. These compounds are responsible for the antibacterial, gastroprotective and antimalarial properties of the plant.
- Aids in digestion and improves oral health: Since the ancient times, the jamun leaves have been used in Ayurveda and are known to be atisara that are known to prevent diarrhea. It is very useful against Krimi, that is, worm infestation. They are considered to be very helpful in treating gastric disorders like dysentery, diarrhea, indigestion and dyspepsia. They are also helpful for the gums and keep the teeth in good condition because of their anti-bacterial properties. Thus, jamun is a useful pachani.
- Other uses: Ayurvedic medicine using Jamun as an ingredient helps in combating menstrual disorders. Also, Ayurveda uses this fruit in many of its medicines to increase haemoglobin content. Also, Ayurveda suggests using the dried powder on the facial skin to increase the fairness and improve the skin texture.
With loads of health benefits, Jamun is considered to be one of the effective ingredients in many of the Ayurvedic medicines. Hence, consider consuming Jamuns every day to improve your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I want to get pregnant. My last period date was 10th april. I am worried because my sis-in-law faced miss carriage due to certain reasons. The Dr. advice to firstly contact a Dr. Then think of having a baby (taking energy medicine or so) wen (date of intimation) and how (with or without medicine) can I try to get pregnant?
I'm 20 weeks pregnant and at this time it is found in my ultrasound report that I have low placenta. Now what problems may I face?
My last two periods were heavy. But in this period flow is very very slow (hard to notice. Is it normal?
My wife is 23years old. Last year she became pregnant for the first time. But we had not family planning. So we did abortion. Now she has problem in monthly condition for almost 5/6months. Bleeds less than normal. What should we do?
Some basic components for good sleep
1. Regular physical exercise (preferably not in evening's)
2. Minimise daytime napping
3. Avoid fluid intake or heavy meals just before going to bed
4. Avoid caffeine intake (tea, coffee, cola drinks) before sleeping hours.
5. Avoid regular use of alcohol (especially avoid alcohol as hypnotic for promoting sleep)
6. Avoid reading or watching television in bed.
7. Sleep in dark, quiet and comfortable environment.
8. Regularize time for going to sleep and waking up.
9. Try relaxation exercise.
I want to do sex everyday is it good for health or bed? If it is bed what is the right proportion to do sex in a week with my boyfriend?
I had sex with my girlfriend recently without using condom. How ever I didn't came inside her. What are the chances of her getting pregnant. Even if I assume I came inside her, then how many pills does she need to take to avoid pregnancy and within how many hours?
Patients with endometriosis, a condition in which there is ovarian cyst filled with blood, usually think that they can't become pregnant.
This is totally wrong information infact a myth. Yes in the past these patient s had less treatment options and we're sometimes ended up not becoming pregnant left with only option of adoption.
But now in this era, there are alot of latest treatment modalities which include laparoscopic resection, harmonal injections and ivf for patients willing to conceive.
So I request people with this condition to consult the nearest infertility consultant and get treated and lead a normal happy family life.
Please feel free to contact me for any help. God bless you all.