Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Chemical peeling is a type of body treatment technique, which is used to improve the texture of your skin. This treatment is mostly done on the facial skin to remove the dead skin cells. The regenerated skin is usually smoother in texture and less wrinkly. This treatment helps to eliminate problems of uneven tone, dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
Although chemical peeling is a safe technique, there are a few things that you should keep in mind before opting for one.
1. Peeling is a kind of exfoliation - Peeling involves flaking skin off and is the only way to regenerate healthier and better skin. In some cases, certain types of gels are used to speed up the peeling process. These gels contain micronutrients, which are beneficial for the skin.
2. Chemical peels are not only for facial treatments - This technique can be used not only for the face but for several other parts of the body as well such as the hands, chest, neck, and legs. They help in removing dark spots and acne from the surface of the skin.
3. A solitary chemical peel isn't enough - You should keep in mind that a single peel may not be enough to get the job done. Unless you opt for a deeper chemical peel, chances are that you won't get satisfactory results. Your skin care professional can advise you on the number of sittings that would be required.
4. Sunscreen is important - It is necessary to use sunscreen after your chemical peel treatment as it helps you in maintaining long lasting results. There are a wide range of oil free sunscreens available, which you can wear under your makeup.
5. Having realistic expectations - One should remember that years of scarring and skin damage wouldn't be resolved or removed with one single peel session. It can, however, lead to smoother, tighter and brighter skin.