Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sadhna ShinghalYour feedback matters!
I found 2 period in a month since 3 years. My age is19 years What can I do. Is it big problem in pregnancy in coming days.
Hi, I am Ms. Vamsy got married since4 months unable to conceive. I am 28 and my husband is 36 yrs old May I know the reason please? 1. I have frequent urination but no diabetes. I always drink water 2. During intercourse there is white discharge every time no fishy smell, but it happens even before periods and after periods.
Everyone is aware of the fact that lack of sleep can lead to low levels of energy and fatigue. For people who have been suffering from a sleep deprivation, the cycle is never ending and they are forever in a state of low energy and do not perform their best. Added with all this sleep deprivation also leads the insomnia sufferers to perform well in bet. Thus poor sleep quality affects the sex life.
Often the effect of lack of sleep will have on a person's sex life is with the overall poor attitude that usually falls and the person remains exhausted all the time. People suffering from long standing fatigue are often irritable and quarrelsome and these personality traits just don't set the mood for a romantic evening. Women also suffer from low sex drive if exhausted, though for them it is more about being emotional. According to a study, by National Sleep Foundation, in 2010, around one in every four Americans have agreed that they are too tired to indulge in sexual activities with their partner. With added distractions from technology, like smartphones and e-readers, social media and e-mails just tend to keep people up for longer and later hours.
In men this is a little more scientific. This has been backed by research that there is a close relation in the quality of the sleep and the levels of testosterone in a man. This seems to be a circular pattern. While studies show a link that the hormone levels fall, there are studies that also show that a man with low levels of testosterone often wakes up more at night and has lower sleep efficiency. So the both are intertwined very closely and hard to say which comes first; but the obvious result is lowered male libido.
Apart from this if you or your snore, it might also lead to insomnia, as snoring becomes noisy for your partner. This can lead your partner to be lethargic and exhausted as their sleep is not adequate. Since sexual activities involve physical exertion, feeling exhausted and irritable after a sleepless, noisy night can easily make sex the last thing on mind.
One can try the following to improve the quality of sleep:
- Maintain healthy weight ranges as excess weight can lead to sleep apnea in both men and women
- Abstain or reduce smoking as it just leads to obstructive sleep apnea
- Exercise regularly as it helps to check the weight and when combined with Continuous positive airway pressure therapy then it improves sleep apnea
- If you are suffering from sleep apnea then must use Continuous positive airway pressure therapy every night.
I want to ask that when we doing sex. After that we never release sperm inside the vagina. It may chance to pregnant or not.
Hi Doctor, I'm 23 years old married about 1 year 7 months my husband age is 35 and today going to Dr. for checkup for planing baby we all test taken ultrasound, semen analysis and thyroid complete blood and urun test. Dr. Told me All reports are normal my last LMP is 13/7/16 no periods till today and then Dr. Given medroxyprogesterone acetate tablets IP and folic acid 5 mg then told me period after second day treatment will starts.(I want to conceive) What is problem in me what treatment to take I am worried about this. Please ans me.
My wife is pregnant after 8 year. Please advice us she is until 6 month vomiting. You have any suggestion.
My wife had a cyst in uterus with size of 5.6cms. We are planing to remove the cyst and also to do family planning.
Hi I am 35 years old suffering with pcod and weight gain my cholesterol level has also increased please suggest me food which I should eat or lifestyle changes so that I can lead a healthy life. I am having severe hair fall also. I have problem of fatty liver also.
If you do intercourse for get pregnant then without wait for her menses when can I check urine test with pregnancy kit?
6 Changes in your body you can expect during the second trimester of pregnancy
The second trimester (starting from the 4th and lasting through the 6th month) of pregnancy is considered to be the easiest for a woman. During this time, your energy is at its peak and instances of fatigue and morning sickness are less severe. Your baby, on the other hand, continues to develop inside your womb.
In addition to these, you can expect big changes within your body during the second trimester, which include:
1. Backaches: The additional weight that you gain during these past few months begins to bear down on your back, making it achy and tired. For relief from pressure, there are certain things that you can do such as using a chair that offers strong support to your back; sleeping on the side with a pillow placed in between your legs and wearing shoes that come with solid arch support.
2. Bleeding gums: Hormonal changes occurring during this period bring about a greater flow of blood to the gums, making them extremely sensitive and prone to bleeding. The gums don’t remain tender for long and return to their normal form after delivery. But during these three months, make sure to use toothbrushes with softer bristles and being gentle when flossing.
3. Congestion and bleeding of the nose: In addition to making your gums tenderer, hormonal changes also bring about the swelling of mucous membranes that line your nose. These changes can lead you to have a stuffy nose as well as may even cause your nose to bleed very easily. To clear any nasal congestion that may occur during this period, you should use natural methods or saline drops obtained from a chemist.
4. Hair growth: Pregnancy also sees your hair growing rapidly due to the action of the hormones on the hair follicles. Additionally, you also experience hair growth in places where hair is sparse. To remove unwanted hair, you should stick to tweezing or shaving, waxing and the use of depilatories aren’t recommended by medical experts as they aren’t considered safe for the baby.
5. White vaginal discharge: White vaginal discharge during this time is very common. The discharge ensures that harmful yeast or bacteria don’t breed in your private areas. But if the discharge takes on a foul smell and a green or yellow colour, you should immediately consult a gynaecologist as you may be down with a vaginal infection.
6. Leg cramps: A very common occurrence during the second trimester, leg cramps usually last through the last leg of pregnancy, which is the third trimester as well. The reasons behind their occurrence may be hormonal, weight-related or deficiency of magnesium and calcium.
My father is suffering from herpes since 20 days and now the blisters are almost gone but the scars is present and he is feeling pain and itching to that area. Shall I give heavy antibiotic to him so that the heeling process triggers it's mechanisms? Or what should I do kindly help me out?
We are trying to conceive Second Baby LMP: 08/08/2017 Can I know the ovulation Period (Dates) What Is The Best Time Of Day To Have Sex What are the Tips to Improve the Sperm Counts Daily Work outs Daily Diet Can you give me best suggestions.
I am 60 years old married woman with two grown up children. My menopause occurred when I was about 47. Of late, in the past 4 months, I am having frequent white discharges. We consulted a famous gynaecologist in nagpur on 30 march 15. As advised by her I underwent pap smear test and ultrasound scan of abdomen and pelvis. Pap smear test says" smears show an inflammatory background. There are sheets of neutrophils present. Also groups of squamous cells seen with out any atypical features. Opinion: benign cellular changes of inflammation" opinion of ultrasound scan of abdomen and pelvis test: endometrium is slightly thick for post menopausal. No other demonstrable abnormality. (uterus is normal size (4 x 2.9 x 2.3 cm) and shows normal echo texture. Endometrium - 6 mm, regular) after the test applied ointment and inserted the tablet for 3 days as prescribed by the doctor. But the white discharge is still continuing and has not reduced much. In may 15, I had bleeding slightly for about 2 hours after taking crocin for fever. Please advice.
Being a woman has its own set of physical challenges. With the different anatomical and physiological features, the problems that women face also are different. Three out of four patients with hypothyroidism are women. Male to female ratio of migraine patients is also 3:1. These and various other diseases are predominantly seen in women. In addition to this, there is also the highly sophisticated gynecologic system. This brings its own unique set of diseases like dysmenorrhea, cysts, fibroids, menstrual problems.
Given that a woman’s body is quite unique and sophisticated with various organs working in close coordination with each other, let us take a look at how homoeopathy which usually tries to get to the root of the problem and correct the whole system as a whole.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): PCOS has a strong genetic predisposition along with obesity and type 2 diabetes. There are often multiple cysts in the ovaries with irregular menstruation, a higher amount of testosterone, and fertility issues. In homoeopathy, Apis Melllfica, Pulsatilla, Lachesis, Graphites, and Sepia are frequently used based on patient’s symptoms.
- Irregular menses: What needs to be understood is irregular menses is a symptom of an underlying disease and a detailed history and clinical examination (including ultrasound scanning) are required to nail down the underlying reason. Natrum Muriaticum, Sepia, Pulsatilla, Senecio Aureus, Staphysagria, Cimicifuga, Euphrasia, and Magnesium Carbonicum are some common agents used to manage irregular menses based on underlying causes.
- Dysmenorrhea: Menstruation is associated with pain in the abdomen, hips, and thighs in a lot of women. However, this should ideally be a painless process as it is physiologic. In some women, it is also associated with severe cramping, diarrhea, and pain that is relieved with warmth. Pulsatilla, Belladonna, Mag Phos, Nux Vomica, and Cimicifuga are some commonly used agents to help women reduce the pain and relax.
- Infertility: Again, like irregular menses, there is a strong reason contributing to infertility which needs to be identified and addressed. Given the social nature of the issue, there is a strong psychological component, and so the couple should engage in a detailed mental and physical constitutional discussion to arrive at a customised regimen. Calcarea Carb, Borax, Aletris Farinosa, Natrum Phos, Pulsatilla, Sepia, Natrum Carb, Agnus Castus, Sabal, Conium are used for managing infertility based on accompanying symptoms.
- Thyroid problem: As noted earlier, hypothyroidism is extremely common in women. There is also a strong linkage between infertility, repeated miscarriages, irregular menses, etc. with the thyroid hormone levels. Calcarea Carbonica, Sepia Officinalis, Graphites, Lycopodium clavatum, and Nux Vomica are some commonly used homoeopathy products in hypothyroid women.
- Migraine: Another problem seen predominantly in women with strong linkage to menstruation cycles and hormones. Belladonna, Natrum Mur, Sanguinaria, Spigelia, and Glonoine are commonly used.
For these common medical conditions, especially in women, homoeopathy offers more holistic treatment with minimal side effects. It may take a while for the body to respond, but it is definitely advisable. Self-medication is best avoided as each woman is unique. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.