Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sadhna ShinghalYour feedback matters!
I am 20. My weight is 65 and my breast is 36D it is more than my weight. Which exercise helps me to reduce my breast size fast?
My gf and me doing sex on 17 dec and after 1 hour later my gf get a pill of unwanted 72 but after 5 days no period but she doing vomiting, is it risky? For pregnancy?
I'm 4th month pregnant. I didn't sleep well. All the time I usually get lot of thinking's about others. How can I get well sleep. Is this effect to my baby also. please Give suggestions.
My wife age is 25, she suffered with pph after a normal delivery. Its our first baby. Is there any chance that- It might happen again in our next chance. It was one month ago & She was about to die. I wants to know- what precautions- we should take further. I have heard about test tube baby, Is this method success-full, As i am afraid for taking chance of another baby.
I am 7 weeks pregnant. I went for torch test which states my cmv igg and rubella igg are positive and cmv igm and rubella igm are negative . I already had abortion twice before. Does this cause problem this time.
I got sex before 2months earlier and only ones the periods occurs just for too days. Now no periods has come 1 month has passed plssss help me plsss aur tell me any type of pill that can help me.
Few days ago my sister felt pain in lower part of her stomach and felt like urinating. She found some blood in her urine. She immediately approached doctor who gave her antibiotic injection. After that she was ok. But today she again observed some blood in her urine but no pain. Kindly suggest what could be her problem? Is it Kidney infection or something else. There is a stone of 12 MM has been detected in her gal bladder.
Is it possible that the urge to eat sour food and a sudden increase in appetite always means that the girl is pregnant?
Hi, I am about 22 weeks pregnant still not felling baby movement.in my previous ultrasound done on 16 weeks found the placenta anterior. I am so worried now, wt should I do. Pls.
Sir, I had sex with my gf, she is 18 year old and I'm20 year old. After her end of period we had twice sex, one is just after 2days and other is 8th days of her period, this was without protection. I'm worry about is she get pregnant or not?
I am 31 and 7 month pregnant. My usg report read plecenta grade ii maturity placed posteriolyin fund us body liquor less. Afi 9.2 cm. Approx foetal wt. 1480. Please advice. Is the wt. Ok how much water intake should be done. Is every thing ok?
I am 28 year old female. Last year I had suffered with ectopic pregnancy and my left fallopian tube was cut. Can I have pregnancy now and if not how long should I wait too plan next pregnancy?
Increasing amounts of research are demonstrating the importance of an active lifestyle. Unfortunately, common myths would have us believe that as we age, our bodies become less able to fulfill the active lifestyle that we would want. While there are many examples of unique individuals who are yoga teachers, weight lifters, marathon runners and athletes well into their older age, they are often presented to us in the media as unusual examples that are all but attainable.
Nothing could be further from the truth, however. We are all designed to have the ability to live an active lifestyle for most if not all of our lives. This may not mean being extreme athletes for most of us, but being active doesn?t have to mean spending all of your free time at the gym or dieting. Some people do suffer from chronic health conditions as they are, and this should of course be taken into consideration when choosing an exercise routine that is adapted to those conditions.
Choosing the Right Active Lifestyle
Living an active lifestyle doesn?t have to mean signing up for the gym or a triathlon if you have arthritis, nor does it have to mean being a weightlifter if you?ve got chronic pain. It is important to choose an activity lifestyle that fits with any conditions that come up as you age. Low impact sports like swimming, aquafitness, yoga and pilates can be excellent choices for an aging body that requires a gentle entry into a new active regime.
If you?ve never been a runner, it may not be wise to start signing up for a marathon, but you can start building with some walks around the block and eventually, start jogging part of the way and then maybe running. Cycling can be an excellent way to improve your health and activity levels without worrying about impact on the joints. You can ride a bike outside, or use the elliptical as a great, safe exercise tool.
Reducing Screen Time
Most individuals in today?s society spend the majority of their time in front of a screen. Not only is this detrimental to our social connections, but it promotes a sedentary lifestyle. If you have a physical job, then it may be that in your off time you spend a large amount of time watching television, movies, or even playing video games.
There are now options in the marketplace to make screen time overlap easily with activity time, such as stationary machines that can be purchased for home, as well as video games like the Wii Fit by Nintendo that allows people to work activities in the comfort of their home. This can be especially great for winter time, but it?s not necessary to spend a lot of money getting active. There are many free resources Online that you can follow exercise instructors routines or design your own home workout to do with very little equipment and space. For example, sometimes all you need is a yoga mat and you can do squats, plants and push-ups in your living room!
Run Toward an Active Lifestyle
There are so many short term benefits to exercise, like increasing heart rate and production of endorphins, which improves mental and emotional health; moving the fluids through the body which improves circulation, as well as general muscle strength and flexibility. In addition to this, long term benefits to maintaining an active lifestyle also include reducing the risk of cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer?s, adult onset of diabetes, arthritis and osteoporosis. With so many reasons to stay active in life, how can one continue to avoid working out?
It?s important to start building activity into the lifestyle when we are young, so that as the body begins to age we are not playing catch-up with all our health conditions.
Dr surbhi agrawal
consultant physician, diabetologist and wellness expert
Hi doctors My wife didn't get her periods this month. Due date was 1st sep. Did prega news test & result is negative. please advise any other way of checking pregnancy? If not pregnant then what should be our next step. Should go for blood or urine test or any other way.
Hi Dr. I take medicine for abortion. Bt in ultrasound show one stain n my bleeding nt stop its 21 days up so Dr. advice me fr d n c. Its safe or I take again pill for dis so dat I can not d n c. N after d. N c when I plan for baby.
I am 46 years old working suffering from thyroid and PCOD. Except thyroxine 50 mg. I am taking any kind of medicine. Please advise if I should start taking AMway's nutrilite daily or woman revital. Which one is better?
Cananbis Sativa is a hemp plant, which creates a variety of drugs including marijuana. This plant has an active ingredient known as THC that makes a person feel high upon ingestion. The compounds of this ingredient can also affect the way a person's body functions. Usually, high doses of this can cause potentially life threatening effects on the person. It is mostly ingested in the form of dried leaves, flowers, stems and seeds. People also mix it in vapourisers, or brew it as tea. It may also be baked as cookies.
While the physical side effects are many, smoking or ingesting this substance can also lead to many mental side effects. Let us find out more:
- Physical Side Effects: As per various medical studies, the inhalation or ingestion of Cannabis can take your heart rate to an increased level of two times its normal rate. This state can last up to three hours. Also, people who have had very high doses or suffer from this increased heart rate for a prolonged period may die due to a sudden cardiac arrest. Dizziness and shallow breathing are also a part of the side effects while dilated pupils and red eyes may also be seen. Further, a sudden spike in one's appetite and a dry mouth are some of the other side effects.
- Cravings: A person who has ingested Cannabis may experience many side effects that are on the mental and emotional side. The more mild side effects include the experience of cravings for certain types of food, as well as an increase in one's appetite where the person does not manage to keep track of what he or she is eating, and in what quantity. Also, sleeplessness and irritability may set in.
- Mind and Mood Changes: After Cannabis ingestion, the person may feel extremely happy or extremely sad. Either which ways, the patient will feel a sense of detachment as far as reality goes. While he or she may not be acutely aware of the same, the people around the patient will be able to sense this with the words and actions of the person. The patient may also experience a distorted sense of time and motion, while depression and anxiety may also set in with prolonged abuse of this drug. Short term memory impairment may also take place, which can lead to forgetfulness regarding important details. Also, random thinking and strange fears may begin to plague the person in question.
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.