Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sadhna Shinghal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sadhna ShinghalYour feedback matters!
I am from jalandhar. Actually I want to discuss my daughter's. Problem with you. She is having. A irregular mensuration problem.
Sir ji meri wife ka march 17 ko abortion hua tha abhi wo pregnant hai 3 month or 10 din ho gaye .sir kon kon dawai or injection lagwana jaruri hai please detail mai batayen.
Avoiding aerobic exercises is recommended during menstruation. Whereas, smooth exercises like yoga and walking can be done as they stimulate balanced flow.
I am a 26 year old female, I got my last periods on 27.03. 16 and I took my UPT on 8.5. 16 when I dint get my periods and it was positive, everything was going good till today when my doctor did my TVS and couldn't find any heartbeat, she said baby is visible but their is no heartbeat and prescribed me course of injections for a week, I am worried please help and can you temme m how many weeks pregnant?
I have missed miscarriage two time. And I do all report before pregnancy and after it. So I i want know what is ANA? ANA test is positive. Is good or bad? Also torch profile: rubella igG :0.326.
If we look at the human backbone or spine , we can see that the vertebrae rest upon one another similarly to a stack of cotton spools .
The spine is divided into regions. There are seven vertebrae in the cervical region (neck), twelve vertebrae in the thoracic region (upper back), and five vertebrae in the lumbar region (lower back) ..
Beneath the lumbar vertebrae are found the sacrum and the coccyx. It is the lower back or lumbar and sacral regions that concern us most.
Each vertebra has a solid part in front, the vertebral body, and a hole in the back .When lined up as in the spinal column, these holes form the spinal canal. This canal serves as a protected passageway for the bundle of nerves which extends from head to pelvis-the spinal .Special cartilages, called the discs, separate the vertebrae. The discs are located between the vertebral bodies just in front of the spinal cord . Each disc consists of a soft semi-fluid centre part, the nucleus, which is surrounded and held together by a cartilage ring, the annulus or annular ligament. The discs are similar to rubber washers and act as shock absorbers.
The are able to alter their shape, thus allowing movement of one vertebra on another and of the back as a whole.The vertebrae and discs are linked by a series of joints to form the lumbar spine or low back. Each joint is held together by its surrounding soft tissues-that is, a capsule reinforced by ligaments.Ligaments can be likened to the stays that hold a mast in place on a sailing ship. If a stay were to give way, the mast will likely fall when subjected to extra strains.
Muscles lie over one or more joints of the low back and may extend upward to the trunk and downward to the pelvis. At both ends each muscle changes into a tendon by which it attaches itself to different bones.
When a muscle contracts, it causes movement in one or more joints.Between each two vertebrae there is a small opening on either side through which a nerve leaves the spinal canal, the right and left spinal nerve . Amongst other tasks, the spinal nerves supply our muscles with power and our skin with sensation. In other words, it is through the nerves that we can move ourselves and feel temperature, pressure and pain. The nerves are really part of our alarm system: pain is the warning that some structure is about to be damaged or has already sustained some damage.In the lower part of the spine some of these nerves combine on each side to form the right and left sciatic nerves. The sciatic nerves service our legs, and when compressed or irritated, they may cause pain in the leg which often extends below the knee. This is then called sciatica.
FUNCTIONS OF THE LUMBAR SPINE
In animals that walk on all fours, the weight of their body is distributed evenly by DISC their four legs. Most of the time the spine is held in aIl more or less horizontal position and the compressive forces that exist in upright man do not occur.
In human beings, the spine is held in a more or vertical position, at least during waking and working hours. When we are upright, , lumbar spine bears the compressive weight of the body above it transmits this weight to the pelvis when sitting and to the feet when standing, walking and running. Thus the lumbar spine, providing flexible connection between the upper and lower half of the body protects the spinal cord and also has a greater function in weight bearing. In the evolution of the horizontal-spine posture of animals to the vertical-spine posture of man, the discs between the vertebrae have adapted to support heavier weights. In addition, the spinal column has developed a series of curves that ingeniously allow for better shock absorption and flexibility.
The word detox simply means to get rid of toxic or unhealthy substances. For many people when they hear the word detox, they immediately jump to physical detoxification. We don’t remember that our minds too need to detoxify. When our mind is cluttered and stressed it gives rise to more negative attitudes and a harmful mentality. Therefore, it is necessary to cleanse your outlook and your mind to lead a more fruitful and positive life.
There are numerous way in which you can detoxify your mind. Try the following methods to detox your mind:
1. Declutter your life
Get rid of all the things in your life which are no longer useful to you. When you rid yourself of unnecessary items you are creating room for better opportunities to come your way. A decluttered life gives you more breathing room which will reduce your stress levels and encourage a more positive attitude.
2. Keep a gratitude journal
Write down 5 things you are grateful for at the end of every day. They do not have to be life changing, they can be everyday events that make you smile. For example, being grateful that you made someone laugh today.
While it’s true that exercising has great physical benefits, it has great mental benefits too. Exercise releases endorphins which are feel good hormones. These hormones help the brain re-write itself in positive ways which gives you a more positive attitude. It helps you destress and can also help in dealing with depression.
4. Start appreciating the little things
Start noticing the everyday small goals you achieve. This helps build your self-confidence and self-esteem. When your self-esteem rises, you start to feel better about yourself and start to put away the toxic, negative feelings you have towards either yourself or others.
5. Practice relaxation techniques
Take 15 minutes of your day and try to practice some relaxation techniques. This could include meditation, acupuncture or yoga. Engaging in these activities help in calming your mind and ridding your body of stress and angst. Yoga has been proven to help reduce the symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress.
I am 31 years female, having irregular menses, what should I do to regulate menses. I WOULD like to regular menses, how to cure problem.
I had to abort my last pregnancy in 6 months as the baby was found to be diagnosed with congenital heart disease .after a month I got torch test done and it says Rubella igg = 4.04 od ratio igm = 0.31 OD ratio Cmv igg= 1.81 od ratio igm =0.52 od ratio Please let us know what does this mean Does it say my baby had heart defect due to rubella as I heard this could be one of the reason for heart defects in foetus.
Me and my wife doing sex after 15 min taken ipill and after 6 days start bleeding. Now her periods not come whats? Is their is any chance of pregnancy or be effect of the tablet?
I have a outer course with my bf. My period is late. During outer course we wear undergarments. Did I am pregnant. My pregnancy report is negative.
The back bone or spine is made of a series of bones extending all the way from the neck (cervical) to the tail (coccyx). These joints, like others, are prone to inflammation, sprain and strain, some more than the others. The coccyx in particular is highly prone to inflammation and can lead to localized pain, which is very typical, with the pain in the tailbone. This is known as coccydynia.
What is coccydynia?
- Literally, coccydynia translates to tailbone pain.
- It is characterized by a sharp, localized pain between the buttocks in the tail bone.
- It is often caused by injury to the pelvic area or the tail bone.
- Sitting and/or leaning against the buttocks make it worse.
- Pregnancy, when the additional hormones relax on the pelvic floor, also leads to increased pain of the tailbone.
The pain can be easily confused with other conditions like sciatica, fractured tailbone, tailbone infections like shingles, etc. However, for a trained medical person, the symptoms of tenderness and pain are quite diagnostic. Pilonidal sinus, fistula, pudendal neuralgia is also same as coccydynia and show same symptoms.
- If there is a rash or inflammation, it needs to be evaluated further for additional problems.
- Where possible, rest completely for a short period of time till the acute phase of pain subsides.
- In case of injury, ensure there is no repeat injury to the same area.
- Pain medications are used to relieve pain, where it is severe and intolerable.
- In severe cases, cortisone injection may be given in the doctor s office. In addition to pain relief, it may even take care of the underlying problem per se.
- Avoid sitting for prolonged periods where possible.
- After the acute phase is over, when sitting for prolonged periods, sufficient padding is advised. This could be in the form of pillows or padded seats.
- Sleeping on the sides is difficult, so sleep straight. If required, take a pillow in the middle.
- Physiotherapy is also helpful in some people who have repeat attacks. This helps in pain management and controlling acute phases. There are specific tailbone stretches, which should be done under supervision.
- Walking is one of the many effective ways to keep the tailbone unlocked, which helps in getting rid of the pain and avoiding spasms of the muscles around the tailbone.
- Best internal manipulation and pain management can be done with coccyx exercise.
- The time taken for healing of the tailbone depends on whether it is a simple bruise or a severe one. The former would heal completely in about four weeks, while the latter will take about 12 weeks.
You probably think that things can go wrong during a surgery only and not to post surgery. However, you are wrong! The chances of infection after a surgery are very high and it used to be the highest cause of unsuccessful surgeries in the past, before it was known just how deadly an infection could be. A doctor, however, cannot monitor everything afterwards. Therefore, it is crucial you know and take care of yourself after the surgery.
Here are some ways in which you can do so:
- Keep it dry: It is crucial that you keep the incision dry for whatever period of time the doctor tells you as otherwise the chances of infection increase dramatically. Some of the things you should do to keep it dry is to not take a bath, scrub the incisions or put lotions on it. In fact, you should also not expose it to sunlight.
- Keep the incisions: You must trust your doctor as the doctor is trained and usually knows things better than you. Therefore, if the doctor tells you to keep the incisions, then keep them. Do not scrub, rub or put powder on them either.
- Check for signs of infection: This may be the easiest thing to do as there are many symptoms of an infection. These include a change in the color, size, or odor of the incision, fever, redness, hardening or heating of the surrounding area or in extreme cases more bleeding and pain than usual.
- Changing a dressing: This is a major cause of infections among surgery patients and the only way to prevent it is to follow the doctor's instructions. Once again, trust your doctor and remember to wash your hands and put on medical gloves. Do not put alcohol, iodine or hydrogen peroxide either.