Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saba Surana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saba SuranaYour feedback matters!
When a childless couple is not able to conceive, there are myriad paths that the couple may follow to obtain a solution. If IVF does not help the couple, then they can go in for surrogacy. In this method, another lady conceives, carries and gives birth to the baby created by the sperm and eggs of the intended parents. Let us find out more about surrogacy today.
Who can use it?
Surrogacy can be availed by couples who are not able to conceive due to many conclusive reasons including the absence of a womb or the malfunctioning of the same. Also, recurrent miscarriages can be one of the reasons. Further, a couple who has been through IVF or In Vitro Fertilisation implantation failure a number of times can opt for surrogacy.
How does it Work?
Full surrogacy, as it is known, is a process of implanting an embryo in a host body. This embryo is usually created using the egg and the sperm of the parents, or even a fertilised egg that has been donated by a donor, which is then fertilised using the sperm from the intended father. Also, this embryo may be created by using donor eggs and donor sperms. Partial surrogacy is also a method that may be used. When artificial insemination or intrauterine insemination (IUI) is used to create an embryo with the sperm from the intended father and the egg from the surrogate mother, then the process is known as partial surrogacy.
Chance of having a baby with surrogacy
The chance of having a baby with surrogacy depend on various factors. It depends on the ability of the surrogate to get pregnant, as well as her overall health. Before choosing a surrogate, it is important to put her through all the necessary tests to ascertain a good state of health. Further, the age of the egg donor is also a factor in such cases. The success of related procedures like IVF or IUI will also determine the chances of conception through this method. Furthermore, the quality of the elements used by the couple or the intended parents will also make a difference to the process and its efficacy. Yet, the most important factor includes the age of the woman whose egg is being used.
Difference between IVF and Surrogacy
In IVF, the eggs are gathered from the woman and the sperm is taken from her partner before an embryo is created and affixed in the uterus of the intended mother. In surrogacy, it is actually another woman who carries this lab-created embryo through methods like artificial insemination. The sperm may come from the father and the egg may be donated by someone else, in many cases involving full or partial surrogacy.
We aborted our first unwanted pregnancy through Homeopathy medicines . After such months we planned and got pregnant again but after two months doctor explained for d&c coz doctor says baby is not growing through scanning . Is it now possible to get pregnant and born a baby . Suggest Pls .
I married recently We dnt want children for 2 years So please suggest pills her pills. And since suffering from hormonal imbalance. Her age is 21.
I am 20 years old. I get my periods on time but it does not even last for 2 days. Is it normal? Should I contact any gynaecologist?
My girlfriend had her last period on 15th September. We didn't have sex but there was a bit of precum around her anus. She missed her periods this month which were supposed to come on 15th of October. We did two HPT but both were negative. We got a bHCG test done on 23rd October and it came out to be 1.4, which is considered negative for pregnancy. We had sex yesterday but the condom broke. There was little to no precum and no ejaculation. We noticed it right away and pulled out the penis asap. She peed immediately and washed her vagina with soap. She took an iPill within half an hour of the intercourse. What are the chances of pregnancy and what can be done?
Ello Mam. I am Jyoti. 24 years old. I got married since 4 year back. There is a problem to conceive baby. I hd checked mostly all check up like tube test, urine test, blood test in periods, scanning off egg. Everything thing is normal. Also check my husband semen. That is also good. What is the to conceive baby or any other test left? Kindly give me advise. Thank you.
Indian herbs are known around the world for their health benefits and how sometimes they are better than a lot of artificial medicines out there. They are not only completely safe to have since they hardly have any side effects and you can also prepare the required concoction at home. Such herbs also help a lot in losing weight and that is why more people are gravitating towards these plants instead of weight loss supplements. Here are some of the herbs you can use for losing those extra pounds:
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory herb that has been used for health benefits for ages. Not many people know, but turmeric also helps in weight loss. This is because this herb works towards reducing the build-up of fat tissues, which leads to depletion of the overall body fat.
- Ginger: Ginger helps in improving your metabolism, which aids in weight loss. It also increases the temperature of your body, which leads to the burning of fat. Adding to ginger to your daily diet can increase your metabolism by 6% and facilitate fat burning by 15%.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is another powerful herb that will give you effective results when it comes to weight loss. This herb not only helps in weight loss, it also works towards improving your immunity. This is because when your immunity gets affected, the body works on boosting your immunity. Consequently, losing weight is such a scenario can turn into a health problem. But when you consume Ashwagandha, it helps in boosting your immunity and simultaneously helps you lose weight.
- Coriander: Coriander is another potent herb that helps greatly in your weight loss journey. Sometimes, water retention in the body leads to a lot of bloating and this in turn leads to an elevated body weight. If you have coriander seed water every day, it will get rid of all the water weight in your body and after a period of time you will see a significant drop in your body weight.
- Triphala: Triphala is another effective herb for losing weight especially obesity. It is a blend of three fruits- Bibhitaka, Amla and Haritaki - that helps towards increasing your lean body mass and reducing inflammation. Triphala helps in lowering water retention, detoxification and limits the quantity of extra sugars in the blood.
Even though Ayurvedic herbs and remedies help in inducing weight loss, you need to be patient for seeing results. Since these are natural remedies and herbs, they take more time to work than drugs. Don’t be disheartened if you don’t notice quick results, stick to the plan and you will see visible results after two to three weeks. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!