Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saba SuranaYour feedback matters!
Using a condom for sexual intercourse how far it is safe and what is the demerit of lubricates coming with condom. Is it giving any abnormal effects to vagina.
I have delivered my second child in September 2016 with C- section but have gained a lot of weight now almost 8 kgs more than that I had before conception. I have stopped lactation and now want to loose weight. I had PCOS before conception.
I’m Dr. Sharda Jain, the director of Life care Centre. This center started 26 years ago and has become a benchmark not only in this study but all of Delhi. This particular Centre is a Centre of excellence for office procedures. Pregnancy, high risk pregnancy, pregnancy after recurrent abortions is our main area. Those people who do not have a child or have abortions repeatedly, we have a dedicated Centre and we have the highest number of cases coming from the northern India, as far as recurrent abortions are concerned
people who have medical problems or those who have complicated medical disease and want to get pregnant and who already are pregnant, we see to it that the experts take you smoothly through the whole process. Our deliveries are done in Max Hospital, Vaishali which is a super specialty hospital. The total care is provided by us in our Centre and all the experts out here are DU Toppers and have been great teachers and great academicians and run not only services but everything under one roof. You don’t have to go for ultrasounds or anything outside, we give you a total package of antenatal care. All investigations under one roof. We also run special antenatal classes to see to it that if you wish to have a vagal delivery. You have a smooth delivery in a very good taste.
Our motto is: Safe mother, safe child.
Hi doctor we have been during sex after my 6th day of my period till d egg ruptured. Today it's my 5th day of d rupture of d egg. Am feeling quiet giddiness. Is it possible to become pregnant.
Hello I am pregnant having 14 weeks now. Recently I have done my combined test (1st trimester blood test+ NT scan). It seems everything normal. Do I need to start any vitamin tablets now. Actually my doctor recommended to have healthy diets and take" Becozym C Forte" if required. I didn't take any medicine except Folic acid tablet, which I have stopped after 12 weeks of my pregnancy. Do I need to start" Becozym C Forte" tablet.
My wife is 12 weeks & 3 days pregnant. We had our NT scan and It was normal. But I have few queries. 1. Dr. Has prescribed loprin (aspirin) 75 mg every night after dinner. Why aspirin has been prescribed during pregnancy after 12 weeks of pregnancy?
1. What fruits and vegetables should be taken for pregnant women? 2. Can she eat egg/fish/mutton/chicken? 3. What exercise is good for pregnant women?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I am pregnant and its my 5 month complete and sixgh running can I eat anjeer what will be its effects.
I'm 21 years old, yesterday my boyfriend and I were together and things got heated so I playfully asked him to place his penis near my vagina. A little pre cum was on my pubic hair. Can I get pregnant in such a situation?
I am 32 year old female. I had endometriosis both side of my ovaries ,right side cyst was removed in 2012 but due to adhesions left side was not removed. Trying to conceive since last 4 years .In latest HSG report my right side tube has hydrosalpinx but proximal part of the tube is fine. Planning for IVF. My doctor suggested since the proximal part of tube is normal we can go ahead for IVF without drinking tube .Need second opinion of any experienced IVF specialist. Pls find below HSG report done on 29 march '16- RT TUBE- Normal proximal and Mid tube ,ampullary coiling, clumping seen, Distal folds pimbrial end clumped, Pertitubal contrast pocket seen (ADHESIONS, Tubal pressure not elevated, Tube spill seen. LEFT TUBE - Normal proximal tube, Marked ampullary dilation, Distal folds not seen, Fimbrial end Obstructed, Tubal pressure not elevated, No spill seen. My question is - Since the proximal part of tube is normal can we go ahead for IVF with out surgery? Or it will effect implantation of embryo .What are my chances of successful IVF in this case? Is there any other way sort it out as I do not want to go for another surgery to drink tube.
What Is Libido? Why Does It Disappear Among Some of Us?
- Libido is defined as a person’s overall sexual drive or desire for sexual activity. Low libido in women and low libido in men have some similar roots, along with some gender-specific ones as well.
- For men, it’s actually quite normal to have a gradual decrease in libido as a man gets older. Each man is different, but most men tend to have some amount of sexual desire into their 60s and 70s. If aging isn’t at the root of libido decrease, a man may be depressed or experiencing too much stress. Other possible causes of low sex drive men are a medication side effect, a decrease in male sex hormones due to an endocrine disorder or sleep apnea. A little-known fact is how sleep apnea can lead to an unusually low testosterone level.
- Low testosterone can also cause erectile dysfunction (ED), a condition in which a man can’t get or maintain an erection. While both issues may involve low testosterone, ED and low libido do not necessarily equate or even happen at the same time. Men who have a hard time getting or maintaining an erection usually have a normal or even high sex drive.
- When it comes to a low sex drive in women, there can be many causes. According to sex psychologist Sheryl Kingsberg, Ph.D, “Women’s sexuality tends to be multifaceted and fairly complicated.”
- Common causes of a loss of sexual desire or low libido in women include issues in your relationship with your sexual partner, sociocultural influences (job stress, media images of sexuality, etc. ) and medical conditions (like fibroids, endometriosis and thyroid problems).
- Low testosterone doesn’t just cause sexual issues for men. Women can also experience low testosterone. Female testosterone levels peak in the mid-20s and then steadily decrease until a woman goes through menopause. After menopause, female testosterone levels drop dramatically, and sex drive can drop dramatically as well. Birth control pills and other forms of hormonal pregnancy prevention can also have negative effects on a woman’s desire for sexual activity.
- When it comes to how to increase your libido, there are two key biological chemicals that may affect your level of sexual desire whether you’re a man or woman. I’m talking about dopamine and prolactin. It’s theorized that dopamine increases desire while prolactin decreases it. If you take any medications, it’s important to know that some can increase prolactin release or inhibit dopamine release. Either of these two scenarios can decrease sexual desire and also cause other sexual side effects.
- In men, low prolactin has been linked with multiple signs of poor sexual health and psychological health. Low prolactin levels are also associated with a larger body mass index (BMI), high blood sugar levels, lower levels of physical activity and just generally feeling unhealthier.
- Relationship issues, depression, prescription medications, alcoholism, drug abuse and/or chronic diseases like diabetes can all be at the root of low sex drive for both sexes. A BMI that’s too high can also cause problems for both men and women when it comes to libido. Obese men tend to struggle with erectile difficulty, but studies have shown that losing only a small percent of weight can improve both male and female sexual function. A study conducted at Duke University reports that obese people are 25 times more likely to report sexual problems.
How to Increase Libido Through Diet
Let’s talk about how to increase libido through your diet, which includes what you should eat more of and what you should avoid or reduce significantly.
Foods That Help
- Natural Aphrodisiacs — Figs, bananas and avocados are natural aphrodisiacs loaded with vitamins and minerals that can encourage more blood flow to the genitals and naturally increase sex drive.
- Vitamin C foods — Vitamin C improves blood circulation to the organs so it’s important to make sure you consume foods rich in vitamin C on a daily basis. Vitamin C has also specifically been linked with a healthier female libido. Some great choices include broccoli, oranges, red peppers and guava.
- Iron-rich foods — For women in particular, low iron levels can have a negative affect on sexual desire, arousal, lubrication and ability to have an orgasm. Great sources of iron include dark leafy greens like kale and spinach, along with grass-fed beef.
- Collagen-rich foods — Collagen production naturally declines with age. This has a direct negative effect on skin health and makes it harder to keep skin firm. This phenomenon can make it harder for men to maintain an erection, and it can lead to a looser vaginal wall in women. To increase your collagen levels, you can consume more bone broths and opt for a collagen supplement powder. Vitamin C also helps to increase collagen production.
- Sweet potatoes — Sweet potatoes or yams are loaded with potassium and vitamin A. The potassium can help with high blood pressure, which makes a man more likely to have erectile dysfunction.
- Watermelon — In 2008, research conducted at Texas A&M demonstrated that watermelon may have a Viagra effect. The phytonutrients known as lycopene, beta-carotene and citrulline found in watermelon help relax blood vessels. While watermelon might not be as organ-specific as Viagra, it can be helpful in the bedroom without any negative side effects when you naturally want to improve libido.
- Spices like nutmeg and clove — Spices are loaded with antioxidants, which is great for overall health, including libido. Research published in the journal BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine specifically found that extracts of nutmeg and clove enhanced the sexual behavior of male animal subjects. Clove is also great at improving bad breath.
- Dark chocolate — Research has shown that chocolate consumption leads to the release of phenylethylamine and serotonin, leading to some aphrodisiac and mood-lifting effects. Just make sure you choose a low-sugar, high-quality dark chocolate.
- Brazil nuts — These nuts are high in selenium, which plays a role in maintaining healthy testosterone levels.
- Almonds — Rich in zinc, selenium and vitamin E, almonds contain vitamins, minerals and healthy fats that can improve sexual health and reproduction.
- Water — Making sure you’re not dehydrated is helpful when it comes to your libido since dehydration can cause a number of negative side effects that can easily dull sexual desire. If you want to avoid possible fatigue, headaches and vaginal dryness then drink up.