Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S RamYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from sciatica pain on the left side starting from hip to heel .Got the x-ray and MRI also done and it confirms the compression of nerve at L4 and L5 level .Kindly suggest a solution.
I am 37 year young man . I get aroused very fast and gets premature ejaculation. Migraine and weakness. Can not focus into any kind of job. Feels stress too much.
Sir I am suffering from Seizures, sir can you tell me about this and suffering from last 5yrs, please sir.
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. From 8 month k am having frequent urination problem. Bone and muscle pain. Numbness and tingling in hands and feet and in every body part. I had my vitamin b12 test .it came 185pg/ml. . .the normal reference range is 180 -914. Is it normal 185 or I am in lower range due to which I am having numbness and tingling in body? ,
Hi. My father had Parkinson disease.Is this hereditary? also how can I improve my nervous system? any supplementary or medications. please advise. Thankx.
Epilepsy or seizers is a neurologic disorder, which can also be classified as a chronic dysfunction of the human brain. Epilepsy is a condition that is common to both adults and children and the symptoms for the same can be spotted in any person, regardless of age or time. Though the condition can be troublesome, there is no reason to fear it. Epilepsy is curable and can be omitted with regular homoeopathic medication and treatments. If you have epilepsy, read on to find the best cures and treatments for the condition.
How epilepsy affects you?
Epilepsy is a condition of the brain, where it is forced to suddenly put a stop the normal electronic activities that it is used to performing. Symptoms of recurring seizures include-
- Sudden disorientation
- Confusion or inability of registering any activity around you
- Uncontrollable and contorted shaking of the body
- Suddenly stricken with fear
- Gritting of teeth
- Losing all consciousness, etc.
If you have noticed any or more than one of these symptoms, it is time to give the doctor a visit. A homoeopathic specialist, in this case, can prove to be the most helpful.
Types of seizures or epilepsy:
Epilepsy again can be classified into some varieties, depending on which part of the brain it is affecting. Some of the different kinds of epilepsies include-
- Partial Seizures: Partial Seizers are further classified into simple partial seizures, absent seizures and complex partial seizures. The first variety is characterised by jerking of the body and slight impairment of sight and sound. The second variant is characterised with momentary unconsciousness, slight twitching of the facial muscles and upward gaze. The last variety if, characterised by heavy jerking of the body, almost like in a trance and last for over a minute.
- Generalised Seizure or Convulsion: The Generalized seizure is a more engaging form of epilepsy that affects the whole body and results in profuse convulsion. This kind of seizures is characterised by complete loss of consciousness, heavy jerking caused due to muscular contractions, severe breathing difficulty, reddening of the face and post attach back aches.
These different types of seizures are caused depending on the area of the brain that they involve.
Best homoeopathic treatments for seizures:
Homeopathy has come up with some of the most valuable and well-researched treatments to cure epilepsy in individuals. Some of the most noted remedies and medications include-
- Calcarea Carbonica
- Cuprum Metallicum
- Bufo Rana
- Kali Bromatum
- Enanthe Crocata
- Nux Vomica
- Cicuta Virosa
- Causticum, etc.
These remedies are designed to positively affect different kinds of epilepsies, with different intensities and in different stages. These are only a handful of cures for seizures suggested by homoeopathy. Visiting a professional, homoeopathic, medical specialist will allow you to recognise the type of epilepsy you have and also find the best remedy for the same.
'Tension type headache' is the most common type of headache experienced by most of us in our life.
How to differentiate between a Migraine and Tension-type Headache?
When you feel pain or pressure in your head, it may become difficult for you to assess whether you are experiencing a tension-type headache or a migraine. Let's understand how different they are from each other.
A typical tension-type headache usually affects both sides of your head and varies from a mild to moderate pain. It can last from 30 minutes to up to a period of one week.
Some specific areas which get affected by a tension-type headache are:
- Back of your neck
Factors that trigger this headache type are a muscle strain, stress or anxiety.
A migraine, on the other hand, is also a type of a tension-type headache which results in an acute throbbing sensation in one part of your head. Usually, migraine headaches are highly painful. Migraine pain makes it difficult for a person to carry out his/her daily tasks. Symptoms or signs associated with migraine attacks are:
- Sensitivity to sound or light
- Pain in the temples
- Temporary loss of vision
- Pain behind your ear or eye
What are the common causes of a migraine?
- Hormonal imbalances in women - fluctuations in oestrogen, especially during menopause or pregnancy seem to trigger a migraine
- Drinks like wine and extremely caffeinated beverages
- Foods such as salty foods, aged cheese as well as processed foods can trigger the migraine attack.
- Medications - vasodilators such as nitroglycerine and oral contraceptives can intensify migraine pain.
How to treat a tension-type headache?
Fortunately, you can get rid of stress-induced headaches through over-the-counter treatments, which include:
How to treat a migraine?
If you experience migraine attacks less frequently, these medicines may give you quick relief:
- Triptans, such as rizatriptan (Maxalt) or almotriptan (Axert)
- Antinausea medicines, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), promethazine (Phenergan) or prochlorperazine (Compazine)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as acetaminophen, naproxen sodium, aspirin or ibuprofen
Some preventive tips:
- Make changes in your diet such as avoid such foods, including caffeine and alcohol which are believed to trigger tension-type headaches.
- You can also try muscle relaxation exercises, yoga or meditation to ease the migraine attack.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!