Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Kannur DT. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S R SyndaYour feedback matters!
Sugar is present in all your beverages, smoothies, cookies, desserts, food items and more. But the not so sweet truth is that too much sugar in your diet can turn your life topsy-turvy. It increases your risk of obesity, diabetes, heart diseases, deters the immune system and even harms the brain function. So, in order to break the addictiveness of sugar that can rob you of your health, all you need is a clear path to detox from sugar.
Here are some pointers on how to detox your body off excess sugar:
- Turn away from sugar: Sugar is more addictive than cocaine. So you need to develop a strong will power to eliminate sugar completely, as you would do if you are trying to come out of alcoholism or other intoxications. You should not just avoid table sugar, but also keep away from all the sneaky sugars available in processed food and beverages. Ideally, a time period of 10 days is suggested to give up on any kind of sugar.
- Stack up on proteins: Eat meals that contain lots of good protein and fat. Since they are difficult to digest and take more time to absorb, it will make you feel full for a long time and sustain your energy levels. The key to balancing blood sugar and insulin levels, without much cravings can be achieved through a high protein diet.
- Eat the right carbs: Avoid refined carbs and starchy foods like potatoes, white bread, pasta and baked goods. Instead opt for natural carbohydrates present in vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, leafy greens, eggplant, and artichokes. It is also good to avoid grains and beans during your detox period.
- No artificial sweeteners: You might be tempted to replace sugar with artificial sweeteners, but this is not really beneficial. Artificial sweeteners are just temporary solutions when weaning from sugar and we do not know about its long term benefits. In the long run, it might be just as addictive as sugar. If at all you crave for something sweet, go for natural fruits.
- Consume whole foods: Foods that don’t come in boxes, cans or bottles. Whole foods like vegetables, fruits, lean meat, nuts, fish, seeds and healthy fats will help a great deal to curb cravings and also keep you satiated.
- Sleep well: Last but not the least, get quality sleep time to beat cravings for sugar and suppress hunger hormones. Sleep your way to fight against the desire to overeat and improve your energy levels. A good night’s sleep will do wonders for your overall well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hello doctors, I am trying to conceive. Goin thru the treatment of clomid and injectable as I am having PCOS and Thyroid. Having 2 failed cycles and now I am on 3rd cycle and ovulated naturally too. I am 10 dpo. I want to reduce my weight but nothing help me alot. I am 83kg and 5'3 tall. I am having two questions- 1) can I take 3-4 cups of green and ginger tea (mixed together) after ovulation has occurred? 2) can I use herbalife products like shakes for reducing weight? These products do help in loosing weight but I want to know if taking herbalife can cause some problems with conceiving?
Hello Doctor . Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex on 10-July-2016 and on the same day she had ipill within 5 hours than later on 18-July-2016 that's after 8 days we again had unprotected sex and on same day she had ipill within 6 hours and her period date was on 21-July-2016 and she had little bleeding but I think that wasn't her period . Till now she haven't got her periods and those days when she took ipill she was on her prescribed medicines for her acne will the ipill had turned ineffective because of that other medicine please Doctor explain me in brief I am getting worried about her is she pregnant or not please help I would appreciate it. Thank you !
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Health benefits of kidney beans
1. Kidney beans are a phenomenal source of protein.
One cup of kidney beans contains 16 grams of protein, making it an excellent protein source for vegetarians. Kidney beans contain all the essential amino acids that are needed for proper muscle-building.
2. Kidney beans will improve your digestive system’s health.
Kidney beans are an excellent source of fiber. A one-cup serving of kidney beans contains 16 grams of dietary fiber. The daily recommended dietary fiber intake for men and women are 38 grams and 25 grams, respectively. Fiber may help prevent constipation, making one’s bowel movement easier to control.
3. Kidney beans can help maintain a healthy blood pressure.
Kidney beans have a very high content of potassium and a low content of sodium. One cup of kidney beans contains a whopping 742 milligrams of potassium, compared to 7.1 milligrams of sodium. Folate can also contribute to the reduction of hypertension and relaxation of blood vessels while maintaining proper blood flow.
4. Kidney beans are helpful for pregnant women and their babies.
Kidney beans are a good source of b-vitamins, such as folate or folic acid. One cup of kidney beans contains 33 percent of the recommended daily value of folate. Folate has shown to help in neural tube formation and red blood cell formation in prenatal babies. A deficiency of folic acid in pregnant women can lead to the birth of underweight infants and may also result in neural tube defects in newborns.
5. Kidney beans can help you detoxify.
Sulfites are acidic compounds found in wines, dried fruits, and some vegetables, which can cause side effects, such as headaches and disorientation. Studies have shown that kidney beans are extremely high in molybdenum, a rare mineral not frequently found in foods. This mineral counteracts these side effects.
6. Kidney beans can also improve your nervous system.
Molybdenum also helps in cell energy production and development of the nervous system. Kidney beans also provide the brain the necessary amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. Some vitamins, including folate or folic acid, play a significant role in the regulation of specific amino acids that the nervous system requires. Studies have shown that a deficient amount of dietary folate can increase the homocysteine levels, which can be a dangerous precursor to neurodegenerative diseases like alzheimer’s disease and parkinson’s disease.
7. Kidney beans can help with blood formation.
Copper and iron are essential for the new blood cell formation. One cup of kidney beans contains 26 percent and 29 percent of the daily recommended value of iron and copper, respectively. A deficiency of iron can lead to anemia.