Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S P Singh
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S P SinghYour feedback matters!
My Hubby is 37 years and is having 261 mg blood sugar level fasting. He is walking 4 kms everyday and taking controlled diet and no sugar no rice no oily food no potatoes. We have consulted the doctor 10 days back he has prescribed glimisave m2 before breakfast and glycomet 500 before dinner. But the sugar level is not going down. Pls help and advise what to do.
I'm 23 years old ,I have a habit of masturbation, since one month I'm suffering with low testosterone. My t levels are 417 ng/dl. Now I'm on testosterone replacement therapy since 25 days, I lost my sex drive, my testes were shrunken, my genitals has no sensation, muscles are weak, using cernos gel as hormones replacement. I don't want to use it I want to cure it in natural way permanently.
2 day before I have acidity and pain like fire and something at the bottom of chest which pain after 1to 2 minutes. And when I takes food and drink water it pain very hard So please help me.
Sir, I am suffering from fissure and piles problem. Can it cured by medicine please suggest me doctor in Ranchi, jharkhand.
To whom we call type 1 and to whom we call type 2 diabetic patient and what precautions to be taken individually.
The coconut plant is an extremely versatile plant. No part of it goes waste. The whole fruit is used from its succulent flesh to its water everything is utilized. Coconut is in fact filled with various nutrients. It has many health benefits. The coconut is now seen as a superfood.
The reasons behind so many health benefits of coconut have been laid down here:
- Consuming any coconut product leads to a positive effect on weight management. It speeds up metabolism and provides instant energy. Unlike other energy sources, coconut has fewer calories than other fats. In fact, it is most likely to burn up than being stored in the body as fat.
- Coconut has good fats. It contains medium chain fatty acids. Long chain fatty acids are responsible for high cholesterol. But medium chain fatty acids are not. Instead, they help to lower the chances of atherosclerosis and other heart diseases. Also among the coconut's several different properties, it contains lauric acid. Lauric acid is found in human breast milk.
- Carbohydrates are of two types, digestible (soluble) and non-digestible (insoluble). Soluble carbohydrates do not leave the body and get stored as fats. Insoluble carbohydrates do the opposite. Coconuts contain insoluble carbohydrates. As the body cannot digest the fibre, it cannot retain any calories and does not affect blood sugar levels.
- Since coconuts contain insoluble fibres, they do not raise glucose levels. Coconuts, thus have low glycaemic index.
- Sweet cravings are lessened and insulin secretion is improved. Blood sugar has better utilization. Coconut lowers any growth in blood sugar, thus reducing cravings.
- Coconut oil is beneficial to fight tooth decay. It fights the bacteria and the mouth bugs that give rise to dental caries.
- Brain disorders like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and strokes can be prevented.
- It has no trans-fat
- It is gluten free. Also, the flour made from dried, powdered coconut flesh can even be used in baking!
- It is hypoallergenic
- Boosts immune system
- Coconut contains fatty acids that have antimicrobial properties. They kill bacteria, yeasts, fungi and viruses that cause diseases.
- Protects body from free radicals that lead to premature aging
- It is also good for your hair and skin
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!