Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S N GulatiYour feedback matters!
I have yellowish teeth, even i brush 2 times a day with Ayurvedic powder but no result, do you have any remedy to permanently makes teeth whiter
Hi Suffering from scalp folliculitus since 5 year. Once start taking antibiotics, sclap becomes free from this. Now its spreading over mouth area. Please suggest.
I have a tooth whose order is not correct it went somewhat deeper than the other teeth can I be able to set the order of my teeth please help me.
Have you ever noticed that sometimes you have a white tongue? This condition is something that nobody wants to have. Why? A white tongue not only looks abnormal, but if left untreated, it's a strong indication of a bad breath problem.
People who have a white tongue, also known as a geographic tongue, are definitely more likely to experience an abnormally colored tongue. Geographic tongue simply means a tongue that has lots of grooves and fissures in it. These grooves and fissures make an excellent breeding ground for the anaerobic bacteria that cause bad breath. Under certain conditions, a geographic tongue can be white, yellow, even black in color. A geographic tongue can also be coated and sometimes dry and cracked. The way around this problem is simply making sure that your tongue is kept as clean as possible.
Tongue cleaning or scraping is a process that the majority of people in the United States don't do on a daily basis. Yet, it's one of the most important steps you can take to keep your breath clean and fresh!
MYTHS ABOUT CLEANING A WHITE TONGUE
MYTH #1: You have to scrape hard to clean a white tongue. This is false! You do not need to scrape your tongue so hard that it bleeds. In general, pressing harder does not remove more bacteria. You simply need to press hard enough that the tongue cleaner you're using is pressed flush across the surface. Try not to leave any gaps.
MYTH #2: Tongue Cleaning Alone Prevents Bad Breath. This is also false! Tongue cleaning alone does not kill the bacteria that cause bad breath that are breeding below the surface of a white tongue. It simply removes the gunk on the surface. This gunk (mucus and food debris) is a food source for anaerobic bacteria.
MYTH #3: You must use a complex, expensive gizmo to successfully clean your tongue. Again false! Really, all you need is a fairly rigid instrument, that you can easily make flush on the surface of your white tongue and cover the largest area possible. Those electronic tongue cleaners you see can be helpful if you have arthritis, difficulty with coordination, or in general have a tough time performing some simple actions, which I'll outline below.
Tongue cleaning is really not that difficult to do, and it's not even very time consuming. That extra minute or two you spend on your tongue per day can reap huge rewards in preventing bad breath. It'll help prevent this condition, return it to it's normal color, and most importantly cut down on bad breath.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO SUCCESSFULLY CLEAN A WHITE TONGUE
STEP 1: Starting at the base of your tongue, place a tongue cleaner/scraper flush against your tongue's surface and make slow sweeping strokes from the back to the front. You can start at either side of your tongue and work your way across to the other side. Depending on the tongue cleaner you are using, you might need to make three to four different swaths across your white tongue.
STEP 2: Once the surface debris from your white tongue has been removed, apply a small bead of toothpaste to the head of your tongue cleaner. Make sure your toothpaste does not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate because this ingredient will dry out your mouth.
STEP 3: Gently coat the surface of your tongue (as far back as possible without gagging yourself) with the toothpaste. This allows the toothpaste to penetrate below the surface of your tongue and neutralize those sulfur-producing anaerobic bacteria. Believe it or not, there are more bacteria in the rear of your tongue than in the front!
STEP 4: Once your tongue is coated, allow the toothpaste to stay on the surface of your tongue as long as you can. Up to 90 seconds is ideal. If you begin to cough, or your gag reflex kicks in, that's okay, just spit whenever you need to.
STEP 5: Ideally, it's best to leave the toothpaste on the surface of your tongue, while you brush your teeth normally.
When I breath or talk with someone I have bad smell from my mouth which disturbs another to clear this problem what steps I take.
I'm 20 years old. I'm having teeth pain (in molar teeth in right side) when I eat chicken and this pain is going on 3 to 5 days.
I have completed my root canal treatment, now I want to put cap on them. What should I do now. How much costs for caps?
Dental veneers are also known as porcelain veneers are very thin, artificially made shell like things found in shades of the colour of your teeth. This material is designed to cover up the tooth surface in order to improve its appearance. These materials are changed according to your teeth colour, size and shape.
Dental veneers can solve many problems and especially better the look of your teeth. The removal or insertion of veneers can make your teeth look attractive.
Some problems that dental veneers solve:
- If your teeth are discoloured then veneers can fix it. Teeth stains can be the result of many things like smoking, alcohol, drugs, medicines etc. Veneers replace stained teeth and solve all your problems.
- If your teeth are frayed down then veneers can be the solution.
- If your teeth are broken or chipped then it can solve the problem.
- Sometimes your teeth grow uneven, misaligned, badly shaped; dental veneers solve that problem too.
- Dental veneers specifically work to fill the gaps between your teeth.
Dental veneers have proven to be a beneficial process in solving many of your dental problems. But like every medical method that comes with some advantage and disadvantage, dental veneers too have a few negative points.
The advantages of dental veneers are:
- It provides a presentable tooth appearance.
- The tissues in your gum tolerate porcelain very well.
- The porcelain dental veneer is stain resistant.
- You can select the colour of the veneer to make your teeth whiter.
- You can also change the shape of your teeth.
As dental veneers are a little complicated, there is a set of procedures to have dental veneers and those may include:
- Diagnosis: First, you need to detect the problem area before you have dental veneers.
- Treatment: You need to have an X-ray of your teeth and mouth before getting dental veneers.
- Preparation: Between your diagnosis and treatment while your tooth enamel is a subject of examination you should take proper care of your teeth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
From last 15.16 days on my face. Cheeks are getting puffy and swelling. Had taken medicine also but no any improvement there is no any teeth pain or any kind of pain thank also face are getting bigger and puffy swelling. Please help. Also m gaining weight.Please help sir .
I have gaps between tooth on upper jaw is there any solution to cover the gaps without any side effects.
Hello, I am 30 years old. I am having sensitivity on all sides of my teeth. Even though iam consious about my teeth and following all traditional tips to get rid of sensitivy. Still no result. I have this problem since 4 years. Please advice
Why does bad smell come from my mouth, even after I brush my teeth? I have not use and have not testing any types of alochol in today date. I am fear to talk with my friends with near. If they got my mouth's bad smell. Please help me sir/madam.
I have a 4 wisdom tooth which makes my life completely changed and it is the biggest problem that I have facing it in my life. I have 2 tooth removed but yet the problem is not stopped now in my mouth and its not work like before. please give me a good advice how I completely get rid of it.
My teeth is so yellow and big gap between front two teeth it's looks vry ugly how to become my teeth beautiful.
Your mouth is the breeding place for various bacteria. These bacteria use the sugar in food and turn them into acids. These acids then react with a tooth, gradually drilling a hole in it, which is infamously known as a tooth cavity.
You might wonder why exactly this happens. When your teeth are subjected to acid frequently, the repeated acid attacks on the enamel, the enamel starts losing its minerals. The first sign of tooth decay is when a white spot appears on the tooth. This white spot is the area from where the enamel has lost its minerals. If not taken care of from the time this early sign of decay makes an appearance, then the decay just gets more serious and the white spot will turn into a cavity.
Here are some tips to avoid tooth decay altogether:
- Use fluoride based toothpaste and mouthwash: Fluoride prevents tooth decay from maturing. It can even reverse or stop tooth decay, which is in its early stage. It also protects the tooth from further decay and replenishes the lost minerals from the enamel and prevents any further loss. It also reduces the acid making ability of the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Keep a check on food: Keep a study check on what you are eating. If you eat too much of junk food or food which contains a lot of sugar regularly, then suffering from a tooth decay is inevitable. Try to limit those foods to maybe once or twice a week.
- Brush your teeth: Brush your teeth regularly, preferably with fluoride toothpaste. Not only will the fluoride toothpaste protect your teeth, the toothbrush will also take out any food particle stuck between two teeth. Brush at least twice a day or preferably after every meal and before bed.
- Use dental floss: Clean in between your teeth with a dental floss.
- Eat cheese: Cheese contains casein which prevents tooth decay or cavity formation.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Make sure you visit your dentist regularly to keep your teeth healthy.