Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.K. ThakurYour feedback matters!
Cholesterol pockets or Xanthelasma are yellow patches of cholesterol that form in the inner portion of the eyelids. These patches are not harmful; however, they can be a source of cosmetic concern. This condition can be indicative of an underlying heart disease.
Who are the most vulnerable to this disease?
Xanthelasma is a very rare condition that only affects people who have high blood cholesterol levels. However, this condition has been seen to develop even if one’s cholesterol levels are found to be normal. Usually, people in their middle age are the most susceptible to this condition. Xanthelasma affects women more as compared to men.
High blood cholesterol level is the primary cause for this disorder. One might be prone to this disorder if the percentage of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body is on the higher side. Another liver disorder known as ‘biliary cirrhosis’, is also known to increase blood cholesterol levels. Generally, Asians are the most vulnerable to this disease.
Derma Treatments for Xanthelasma-
As these patches do not disappear on their own, they need to be given medical attention. Usually, it’s the cosmetic concern that urges one to go for the treatment. The various treatment options for this disorder are:
Surgical removal of the cholesterol pockets.
These pockets can also be removed with a laser.
Certain medications such as trichloroacetic acid can be used to dissolve these patches.
Cryosurgery, a procedure whereby the cholesterol pockets are exposed to freezing temperatures, is also another treatment option.
Electrodessication is a surgical procedure to get rid of the cholesterol pockets. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi my wife has completed her menstrual cycle on 6th July but she started having mild spots of blood from 16th July again till today i.e. On 20th july. Please tell us is there any serious issue we need to consult doctor immediately or this are the signs of pregnancy so we can wait till her next menstrual cycle.
Hi, I want to marry brother in law with same blood group he is my blood relative will there be any problems to children.
I am 37 years old unmarried girl my weight is 72 I get only 2 days periods will I have a problem in becoming pregnant .Please reply my cycle comes after 28 days.
Previous question was: Is it possible to get pregnant when girl is naked and guy is wearing shorts and if passionate humping is involved with oral sex, any chances of pregnancy. Please advice on how to avoid pregnancy with home remedies or acupressure etc. This event happened 12 days after the period start date and should I wait for missing period date" Update":I got periods after this question incident last month 3 days before for 3 days which, now this month I have been on meds for different other health issues like antibiotics and also in stress. Got a one day period 5 days early. Can I be pregnant or any reason to worry less period duration.
Sir, if a girls previous period starts on 18.10.16 and her sept. month period date is 12.09.16 then what will be her next period date approximately? She had an unprotected sex on 15.11.16 and within 10 hours she took I pill then is there any chance of her pregnancy? Please please tell me.
Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome is the name given to the symptoms seen in you if you consume heavy doses of alcohol frequently and then suddenly quit or reduce your alcohol intake considerably. These symptoms may surface anytime between six hours to a few days after you last drank.
Common symptoms of alcohol withdrawal syndrome:
- Immense sweating
- High blood pressure
All these symptoms may worsen over a few days and may even last till a few weeks.
What is the root cause?
Alcohol arouses your nervous system. In case you are a heavy drinker, your body gradually gets dependent on alcohol, and cannot adapt too easily to the lack of alcohol after you have abruptly quit. This is the root cause of Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome (AWS).
Who is at risk?
You are at the maximum risk of AWS if you are an alcohol addict, or you cannot gradually cut down on its intake.
How do doctors diagnose AWS?
Usually, doctors will search for a few symptoms in you, like irregular heart rate, dehydration, fever, and tremors or minor fits. A toxicology screen also helps your doctor finding out the levels of alcohol in your body.
How is AWS treated?
Treatment depends on the severity of the symptoms. Usually are:
1. Home Care - Mild symptoms of AWS can be treated at your home. You need to go for your regular routine checkups and tests. You may also have to go to rehabilitation programs for recovering alcoholics.
2. Hospitalization - If your symptoms are more severe, you may have to be treated in a hospital, where you will be monitored and kept on a fluid diet to help prevent dehydration.
3. Medications - You can also be treated with sedatives.
Do you recover fully?
Usually, chances are that you will fully recover from AWS. If you quit drinking, take your medicines on time, and lead a healthy life thereafter. However, sleep disturbances and fatigue may persist. But, if you have severe symptoms of AWS, you should seek medical care as soon as possible to prevent any further fatal complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I had safe sex with my fiance on 27.03.2017. Her period cycle date is 17th of every month. The period in the month of April came on 15.04.2017. But today is 23.05.2017, still the period not came out. Is there any chance of pregnancy? What is the remedy? please help.
Sir my wife has pregnant 30 week,and doctor suggest check auger level found before lunch 160 and after lunch 270 so doctor said baby weight 1200 gm,baby 2 week delay growth,after doctor suggest get insulin enject. Now auger level is before 140 after lunch 250,So tell me my baby week completed he is healthy or not, (one things is that my wife fall in washroom he pain its backs boom suggest any gel medicine
Hi year before I got married. Before marriage my period is regular by next month of my marriage I am with my irregular periods. And I have pcod problem now and got 5 kg weight in 2 months. How to solve my pcod. And also suggest dietician food. My body is heat body. So please avoid heat foods.
While the very mention of the word ‘Farting’ makes some of you cringe and cover your nose, you can’t ignore the sheer obviousness of the whole process. It is as natural as eating, drinking, sleeping & other daily habits you associate yourself with. Farting occurs mainly when air is trapped within your body. Air might be swallowed during eating or from intestinal gas and chemical reactions in the stomach. In hindsight, farting can be a good thing. Don’t think so?
Here are 5 reasons for you to believe that farting is actually wonderful and not as gross as you think it might be:
- The hydrogen sulphide present in the fart is poisonous and smelly, but if used in small amount, is known to be beneficial in the prevention of heart disorders and strokes.
- The smelling farts containing hydrogen sulphide, which is known to be useful for slowing down the ageing process
- Farting, openly and without inhibition, while being in a relationship can actually be considered as taking a step forward in terms of honesty and comfort in the relationship. If you can share the process with your other half without hesitation and can accept the pungency that comes with it, then the relationship is definitely working well.
- Farting can work as a self-defensive mechanism, as proved by recent researchers.
- Holding your fart for a long time might cause uncomfortable conditions, such as bloated bowel movements and haemorrhoids. No matter how much you hold them, the farts will release themselves once you’re relaxed, especially when you’re sleeping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Dr. I just scanned before 2 days. Dr. said baby s 5 weeks and 6 days and gestational sac, yolk sac seen no heartbeat. Cervix is normal but this two days spotting grey and today spotting with red. Then what is my problem. I am really sad about this.
Which time is correct for having sex without condoms. She doesn't want pregnancy. So please tell me which time is perfect having sex with my partner. I hope that you will give me prefect advise. Thanks.
Me and my girlfriend had sex on 8 july While having sex my condom broke Its is possible that some sperm might have gone inside her. So I gave her a tablet of I -pill on very same day She is to get her periods on 20th July But till now there are no cramps or symptoms. So is there any chance that she might be pregnant. Her age is 18 Should we take a pregnancy test now Or after some days.
After cesarian delivery my tommy being slim like now? Is cesarian delivery have no any effect on my figure?
My friend engaged with escort girl for 1) While shower (bathing) both on inner wear on Touching private parts and rubbing like dry humping. 2) body massage only upper part of body. Lower part under clothes on. Boobs rubs against on (chest, face). 3) hand job without condom. 4) blow job (condom+ dental dam) Any risk of STI And STD.
On day 13th my left and right ovary shows msf and endometrium size is 8.7 mm on day 15th my left ovary shows 11.7 and right ovary shows msf and endometrium size is 9.0 mm. Please suggest me it is good for pregnancy. Can I conceive this month.
The way a human body works is tricky; to enable proper digestion and to feel fit throughout the day it is best to have a balanced diet. Things that you consider nutritious could be gnawing at your digestive tract. A person could be suffering from acid reflux, continual stretches of diarrhea or constipation, gastroesophageal reflux or an irritable bowel syndrome; kinds of food being consumed should be reviewed and altered as a basic remedy to these health problems.
- Stay away from acidic fruits: A fruit that is acidic in nature will have acidic effects on the digestive system. Acidic fruits should, therefore never be consumed in large amounts. Acid of any kind has a corrosive effect on our internal organs and hence should not be taken on an empty or an upset stomach. Lemons, oranges, tomatoes and other citrus fruits fall under this category of food.
- The myth about milk: Milk contains lactose that is hard to digest. People with lactose intolerance face the results right after consuming milk or other dairy products. Aged people face more difficulties in digesting milk. Dairy products when eaten in excess can result in gas, bloating or diarrhea. It is time you stopped believing in the myth milk is anything, but bad for digestive health.
- Processed wheat is not healthy at all: Bread is the easiest way of making a meal for yourself. However, its effects on your digestive system and your overall health are in no way good. Processed wheat can constipate you as it lacks in fiber. It contains added preservatives that can be harsh on your stomach.
- Ignore that soft corner for fries: While your stomach needs to be provided with food from time to time it also needs to be emptied. Fried food prevents emptying of the stomach. They tend to remain in the digestive system for long making you feel bloated and uneasy.
- Red meat and unhealthy fats will ruin digestion: Most of us like eating red meat and other kinds of fat such as butter, ghee, cheese and ice- creams. These fats are hard to digest and they result in recurrent stomach contractions. Stomach contractions can further lead to two extremes; you can be constipated for a few days or might have diarrhea.
There are several conceptions regarding ovarian cysts and pregnancy. The main question that arises in the mind of people is whether their wish of getting pregnant getting impeded because of an ovarian cyst? Does ovarian cyst cause infertility?
Well in this article, you may find adequate information regarding ovarian cysts, pregnancy and infertility.
When a woman learns that she has an ovarian cyst, she already starts getting palpitation. However, studies say that maximum cysts that a woman tend to develop in their ovary are not life threatening. They are functional cysts, which will be completely vanished on their own after some months. These types of cysts do not cause any complications in pregnancy. But these may end up creating problems regarding the ovulation power of women.
Now if we focus on the classification of the cysts which can cause infertility, we will find two different types, Endometriosis and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
Endometriosis: its effects and remedies
Basically the tissue endometrium (which lines up the uterus), grows out of the surface of uterine cavity in case of cysts. When an endometrium grows on ovary, it can cause endometriomas, which precludes women's body from producing fertile eggs. In several cases, endometriosis interferes with pregnancy by stimulating scar tissue formation that generally tends to complicate fallopian tubes' normal function. Also, when endometriosis cells secrete substances, it can cause hindrance in the interaction process of sperms and eggs, which further leads to infertility issues.
Along with such problems, there are other hormonal disorders that can arise with endometriosis which can cause weak nidation and lead to early miscarriages. This particular problem generally occurs in the women between the age of 25-35 years.
There are handful of remedies for these types of cysts. In many cases, ovulation is being blocked for a certain period. Apart from this, surgical treatment might be given in some cases such as laparoscopy or laparotomy.
PCOS - its effects and remedies
The second type of cyst that creates hindrance in getting pregnant is polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS. This type generally occurs when a woman has instability in her reproductive hormones. As a result, the ovaries fail to produce the required hormones, which help the follicles in producing mature eggs.
PCOS is generally treated with the help of hormonal medication. PCOS is considered to be the leading cause of infertility.
Other types of cysts
Corpus luteal Cyst is very common in pregnancy. It is considered to be asymptomatic and tends to disappear within the 16th week of pregnancy. Cysts, which are not over 7 cm in size, can be kept until delivery. However, large cysts generally cause pain and need to be removed through surgery.
Surgery is always an option for ovarian cysts. Laparoscopy is considered to be safe during pregnancy as there are almost no risk factors. So it is being suggested by health experts that one should not get worried about ovarian cysts during pregnancy, as there are too many remedies to cure them.