Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.K. ThakurYour feedback matters!
My periods were due after 3 days nd I had sex on 14 April midnight and then I had I ipill after 7 hours in morning. And then on 2th April I started bleeding but it was 40% lighter then my usual bleeding. The bleeding lasted for 5 days. Now I expected my next period on 21 of may bt its been 5 days. Nd I didn't got my periods yet. I am feeling very tensed. Can I be pregnant? Or its the ipill messing up wid my periods. Please help me.
Hello im shivam 22 years old I having a problem since one year in my ear theirs a fluid comes out from my ear some times it become ok for 1or two week or a month but after some time again this happen what can I do, I had this happen in my child hood but after 10 to 15 years this happens again started, one year ago I was took bath in a fall that time some water goes into my ear and this happen started.
My mother is 65 year old and she is suffering with herpes, which medicine will be best to cure that.
Hello doctor I am 28 yrs old not yet married I have problem of periods. I dont get regular period and I dont have thyroid problem also. For few months I get regular period and for few months irregular this month I took sisron-n as I consulted one of the gynecologist I have taken 10 tablets it' s been 3 days completed but still I dont get my period bcoz of this irregular period am getting obese am working out in gym then also am unable to loose my weight please suggest me what should I do. Thank you
What are the symptoms of std diseases? Actually my friend has done sex with unknown partner, for 5 mins, he doesn't know whether she has any diseases but. He has released the semen outside her body and not in the vagina, does he occurs any diseases? He didn't use any condom or safety.
I ate green papaya in my pregnancy. Google says dnt eat this. But I am having it. Now what will happen .i am in great fear.
My wife is 17 week pregnant. From last two days she felt pain in right side of belly button and discharge lite white liquid. All these are normal or not? And also we enjoy our sex life everyday, so is there any problem to involve in sex every day?
INVO (intravaginal culture of oocytes), also called IVC (Intravaginal culture) is an abetted procedure of reproduction where early embryo development and oocyte fertilization are carried out inside a gas penetrable, air-free plastic tool or device that is placed into the maternal vaginal chamber for incubation. It is a device that helps the future mothers to participate in the evolution and growth of their own embryos present inside their body. The device is composed of an inner cavity with a protective outer rigid shell and a rotating valve.
It can be used for IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) cycles; whether with the mother's own eggs or any donor's eggs. It provides the same successful results as conventional treatments. It works in a very simple way:- when the requisite samples to produce embryos have been acquired or when the eggs have been impregnated in the laboratory, they together with culture medium are placed into the INVOcell device and then the device is inserted into the vagina of the mother and there it is kept for two to three days (for 72 hours culture period). Throughout this time, the mother can lead a practically normal life but she needs to elude taking bath, having intercourse or flying during those days on which she is wearing it.
When fertilisation takes place, it will be the mother's own heat which will supply the best conditions for the proper development of the embryos. Once they are set and ready, the doctor will remove the INVO from the mother's vagina to recover the embryos. The embryos are then evaluated under the microscope to choose the healthiest-looking ones to transfer them into the uterus. Within the uterus they will be embedded in order to begin developing.
Advantages of INVO are:
- It is one of the most cost-effective assisted conception treatments.
- In this method, the embryo incubation is more natural.
- Since in this whole process embryo incubation in the laboratory isn’t required, the possibility of stumbling at the laboratory is diminished.
- In this method, the couple experiencing the treatment is involved more.
- This method has similar efficacy as the IVF treatments.
Disadvantages of INVO are:
- Since the device has to remain for three days in the mother's vagina, it causes some discomfort.
- The patient has to spend much time in the assisted reproduction clinic and visit it more often.
The studies suggest that it could be a usable alternative choice for assisted reproduction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
When pregnant or breastfeeding, a woman's water requirements are higher than usual and that is why water is needed to form amniotic fluid that surrounds the baby, support the increase in blood plasma volume and produce breast milk.
Hence being well hydrated may help alleviate some pregnancy related conditions.
To help understand the importance of hydration for pregnancy health, emma derbyshire, author of" nutrition in the childbearing years, has provided essential tips for hydration in pregnancy.
1. Water is an excellent beverage choice for mums-to-be. It is natural and helps women to rehydrate without consuming calories and sugars.
2. Women should increase their total water intake by an extra 300ml/day during pregnancy and 700ml/day during breastfeeding.
3. Make water the first choice when it comes to hydration.
4. Water-rich foods such as soups, stews, yoghurts, fruits and vegetables can help top up total water intake.
5. Pregnant women should take frequent small drinks, particularly after the birth of their child when they are busy looking after their new baby.
6. Women breastfeeding should make sure that they are getting enough fluids - try to remember to keep a glass of water on hand when you sit down to feed your baby.
7. Women should reduce their intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages
Hi sir or madam I am suffering form cracked nipple it will pain during feeding give solution for this problem.
On 5 march I have my period and on 11 march night my bf rub his penis on my vagina and sperm came after that on 16 march I get infection and I use v wash and some home remedies and one cream and on 20th march in morning my discharge came in black color quantity is one spoon or less and after that it come in brown color mix with white discharge like a drop for many time and on 22 its become normal discharge and on 12 march I take unwanted 72 is there any chance of pregnancy.
I am 19 year old female and I am suffering from bilateral pcod even though I am lean. My doctor prescribed myotol-F. I was taken myotol-F for 5 months. But my condition was not improved. Now my doctor prescribe normoz. What exercises I have to do? What diet I have to eat? To resolve pcod symptoms.
I am a 25 year female and I had an abortion in may, then for 4 weeks bleeding was there from then regular period continued. Now from 10 days bleeding is excess. Please help to get out of the problem.
Sex during pregnancy - is it safe?
If you're pregnant, you may be curious or worry whether it's safe to have sex and how you can go about it. The good thing is, it's perfectly safe to have sex during pregnancy. You might find that your sex drive is uncontrollable during your pregnancy you may go through phases of being very sex driven, and then phases of not wanting sex at all so it's important to know about sex during pregnancy and what you can expect.
While sex is safe for most couples during pregnancy, the most difficult part may be having sex in a way that's enjoyable and comfortable for you particularly if you're far along with your pregnancy. It can take a little time to explore and experiment together to work out what's comfortable and pleasurable for you both, especially if you have a bump in the way! your breasts might feel tender, and it may be uncomfortable if your partner penetrates too deeply, so it might be better to lie on your sides with your partner behind; this way he won't put any pressure on your bump but can penetrate and stimulate you at the same time.
You can also:
- straddle your partner as he lies on his back. This way, there is no pressure on your belly and you can control the pace.
- lie side by side with your partner facing your back, and entering you from behind.
- support yourself on your knees and elbows, and have your partner kneel and enter you from behind.
Be aware that it's common for women to experience some bleeding during intercourse whilst pregnant, especially in their first trimester. This is cause by the normal swelling of capillaries in the cervix, which can burst when irritated during sex. Spotting (random spots of blood) is generally nothing to worry about, however you should mention it to your midwife just to let her know if this does happen. However, if you are ever losing a lot of blood, you should consult your doctor immediately and get checked out at the hospital.
It's important to talk about sex with your partner. Your partner's desire for sex may equally increase or decrease during your pregnancy, and be aware that he might feel very cautious about having sex with the fear of hurting you or the baby, so be sure to communicate what feels good and positions that you're comfortable with. Try experimenting with different sexual positions to find ones that suit you both. It may take time to get used to it, particularly as your bump grows bigger, however there is no reason why you should stop having sex just because of your pregnancy.
If you have any queries or worries, the best thing to do is consult your midwife or doctor and they can offer guidance and reassurance about sex during your pregnancy.
I am just worried that I have problems with my health. They were saying that menstrual cramps is quite normal, but I've just noticed that most of them can still handle the pain and function well. But with me, it was really painful to the point that I really can't stand, walk, and function well. It feels like my uterus is killing me. I always depend on painkillers and sometimes they are not working with me. I don't want to depend on medicines anymore. It was just really hard, is this still normal?
Hi sir our marriage happened on 28 april 2017. After marriage my wife period date is after 20 may 2017 but till now not comes. So please suggest me is there any major issue or can we wait for some days.
The obsession over getting the perfect body has gotten into everyone's psyche. Thanks to well equipped gyms and easily available home kits, this obsession is no longer a dream. But the gym trainers and bodybuilders suggest that in order to build muscles, following a healthy diet is also necessary. A healthy diet helps to develop the central muscle mass and burns the extra fat in the body.
Here is a list of foods you should include in your diet which will help you to gain muscle:
- Eggs: Eggs are rich in proteins and help in overall development of the muscles, making it a must have inclusion in your dietary regime. Also, the good cholesterol found in the egg yolks helps to prevent atherosclerosis.
- Nuts: Nuts such as cashews, almonds or pistachios are a perfect blend of fats, fibres, and proteins. Every ounce of cashew or almonds contains 150-170 of top-class calories. Daily intake in a small amount will help you to get the calories without any significant weight gain.
- Lentils: Lentils are useful to develop the central mass of the body. A cup of ready-to-eat lentils has a protein content of 18 grams and an overall content of 40 grams of top grade carbohydrates. A diet consisting of green salad, lentils and brown rice is recommended by gym trainers for the development of body muscles.
- Spinach: Spinach contains rich amounts of the amino acid called 'glutamine', which helps in the development of the lean muscles. Besides, a daily intake of spinach might also help to build the overall muscle strength of the body.
- Apples: Apples contain certain polyphenols which help to build the muscles and prevent any form of tiredness in the muscles. Also, polyphenols are also useful in burning the extra fat which makes it an essential fruit to have before workouts. If you are not comfortable with apple, you might also try oranges as your pre-workout fruit, which perform more or less the same function as apples.
Note: Besides the above mentioned ones, you can also include oatmeal, yogurt, organic milk, fat free chicken and beans in your dietary routine for muscle development, along with regimented body building schedules.