Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. S. K. SamaYour feedback matters!
Few weeks back I had swelling in my body especially legs, the doctor had advised me to take some tests including ultrasound of kidney which according to the doctor was normal. These things came out to be abnormal ESR westergen 54 Mchc 31.4 Serum cholesterol 258 Serum triglycerides 204 Vldl 40.8 Total/hdl cholesterol ratio 5.43 Ldl/hdl cholesterol ratio 3.57 Serum uric acid 7.3 The reports had been shown to the doctor and some medicines were prescribed. 1. Telma 20 2. atorvastatin Calcium tablets 3. Lacix 4. Calcium carbonate tablets I sometimes see some swelling in my legs for unknown reason, also I had stopped taking medicine since the last 2 days just to check and the swelling returned in my feet today. Why is this happening? After seeing the swelling I have started taking medicines. What are the things that I can do from my side to stay healthy? Frankly speaking the swelling scares me a bit. I also have high BP for which I believe the doctor has prescribed the medicine. I also had minimal change disease (nephrotic syndrome) 8 years back due to this I get scared whenever I see some swelling in my feet. please provide some solution to my problem. Also should I stop eating chicken? I have already switched to low fat dairy products.
Can anyone ovulate at the end of pill pack? M on krimson 35. My pill pack of dec got over on 24th. Had unprotected sex activity on 25th but no vaginal intercourse has been done. If accidentally some sperms enter will their be any egg to fertilize (since I take the pill within 2 hrs time frame. I got my period on 28th dec which continued upto 2nd. So if by chance fertilisation occur will it be able to survive withdrawal bleed and implant later or will just be flushed out with the menstrual fluid. Never missed any pill and started using the pill from november. Lots of queries in my mind which are needed to be solved!
I am 25 years old and my wife in 6+ month of pregnancy so I didn't have sex from last 2 month. Can I sex with other girl and woman.
My self Bhawana. I want baby. Since 4 months have been planning but no results. Please help me out. Meri date 8th hai. 20 se sex continue kiya. Aaj 11 ko periods start ho gaye. Help me out.
Hi madam / sir. I play with my husband hit each other a lot. With legs with arms, Will this affect in miscarriage? From the time of stoppages of periods 30 days plus 15,45 days. Today is my 52nd day of pregnancy. Please suggest.
Hello doctor. I am unmarried. My LMP was dec 31st 2014. I have 35 days cycle. I had intercourse on january 23rd 2015.So for safety i took mifepristone 200 mg(advised in pharmacy & friends). Till now i have not got my periods. Its almost 2 months now. But my UpT test done on march 3rd 2015 is negative.I am very anxious and stressed. Please tell me what should i do ?
I'm a male and right above my genitals, where hair is, I noticed small yellow spots on my skin. What is this?
Hi yesterday my husband was got report for semen analysis .The sperm count is 7 million. Is this very low count? How long it will take to increase sperm count? Is it possible to conceive?
I am slim but I am not strong enough n not having energy. What should I have to eat and become strong? I want I diet script for fitness. And what exercise to be done daily for body fitness. And I also want yoga tips. And from 2 3 days I am not able to eat any thing its all coming out through vomit. And I am having constipation problem also. What medicine you wil prescribe me n what natural food should I eat? And evn in periods I bleed alot and my stomach pains alot? What should I do for that also. And I am realy very irritated just because of my headache.
Hello mam mere problem ke last time 5 August main pregnancy test Keiya tha. Or vo positive aaya. Pr mam mere abhi bhi bleeding chal rhe h to mam tension ho rhe h g main test 5 August ko the tha pr mam us time sporting ho rhe the pr abhi to bleeding ho rhe h full.
I want to know clearly what infections will happen to me if I will have the anal sex with my wife. Please advise.
Hi - I have 35 days old baby. Please suggest me some tips to make breast feeding easier. How often we can feed? Ideas on foods to eat and avoid during tis time ?
Obesity is a disorder that leads to fat accumulation in the body. It is chronic in nature and may cause serious complications in the body. It increases the risk of various diseases in the body like diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. The fat tissues in the body needs nutrients and oxygen for nourishment, thus the blood vessels in the body direct blood to these tissues.
This ups the workload of the heart as it has to pump more blood, which results in excessive pressure on the walls of the artery. When the pressure on the arteries increase, it is known as high blood pressure. Being obese also hampers the ability of the body to transport blood throughout your body and so weight loss is compulsorily advised.
The causes of obesity are:
- Genetics: You are likely to be affected by obesity if your family members are obese. Your genes also play a role in regulating your hormones that deal with fat in the body. It may cause a hormone called leptin that regulates your appetite to be less in the body, which in turn triggers obesity.
- Diet: If your diet is high in simple carbohydrates like refined products and sugar-based foods then it increases the risk of obesity. Foods those are rich in simple carbohydrates cause high insulin production in the body which promotes accumulation of fat.
- Being inactive: You are likely to be overweight if you follow a sedentary lifestyle. This happens if you have a desk job or if you are lazy.
- Psychological issues: Certain psychological problems such as stress and emotional problems may cause you to binge eat which leads to weight gain.
- Disorders: Certain disorders like polycystic ovary syndrome (presence of cysts on the ovaries) and hypothyroidism (reduced production of the thyroid hormone).
Since obesity can significantly affect your blood pressure, you need to take steps to mitigate the damage. Apart from making various changes to your lifestyle, you can opt for various surgical procedures like ultrasonic liposuction (where sound waves are used to get rid of fat) and mesotherapy (where various medicines are injected in the adipose tissues). These are safe and non-invasive treatments that are very effective in promoting fat loss.
2. Take 10ml of flax seed oil daily
3. Avoid alcohol as it causes dehydration
4. Keep your weight in normal range.
Have you ever taken a look at your food and questioned yourself about your nutritional intake? Whether you’re a vegan, pescatarian or non-vegetarian, it is essential that your food provides you with vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Never rely on vitamin supplements alone to give your body the nutrition it needs. Though a few nutrient deficiencies have no symptoms, most can be easily identified. Here are a few tips to help you understand whether your body is getting all the nutrition it requires or not.
- Cracks around the lips: Dehydration is not the only cause for cracks around the lips. This could be a sign of vitamin B, zinc or iron deficiency. It could also be a sign of not getting enough protein. To correct this deficiency, increase your intake of poultry products, eggs, cheese and salmon. Vitamin C helps the body absorb iron and hence you should also include fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C in your diet.
- Hair loss and brittle nails: Biotin or vitamin B7 is crucial for healthy hair and nails. Hence, if you’re experiencing sudden hair loss and brittle nails, it could be a sign of vitamin B7 deficiency. Egg yolks are a rich source of biotin, but to get the most out of them it is best to eat them raw. However, avoid eating raw egg whites as this can be counterproductive. Other food items rich in biotin are nuts, mushrooms, salmon, cauliflowers and bananas.
- Red bumps on the skin: Red eruptions on the skin can be a sign of low levels of essential fatty acids or vitamin A or D. Sardines and anchovies are rich sources of Omega-3 fatty acids that can correct this deficiency. To deal with a vitamin A deficiency, you need to eat lots of green leafy vegetables, carrots and sweet potatoes. The best way to get Vitamin D is through safe sun exposure (get your vitamin D level tested today).
- Numbness in hands and feet: Numbness and a tingling sensation in your hands and feet could be a sign of vitamin B deficiency. This is often also accompanied by anxiety, depression and tiredness. Vitamin B supplements are easily available in tablet and capsule forms or can be found in spinach, beetroots, eggs and poultry.
- Leg muscle cramps: Frequent cramps in your toes, calves and arches of the foot could be a sign of potassium, magnesium and calcium deficiency, so get yourself tested today. To fix this, eat plenty of almonds, hazelnuts, apples and green leafy vegetables like kale and spinach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized and ask a free question.
Experiencing any of these symptoms? Get tested yourself today and find out for sure!