Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. S.K.JindalYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old and my eyes start burning and irritating when I use computer for reading and when I stare at it for long time (half to one hour) I had a eye check up so that I can get specs while using computer. The doctor said that I have CYL -0.5 power so you should wear the glasses . Do I really need to wear specs and I heard that everybody will have power. Is that true that everyone will have minor variations in power? Please suggest me what can I do?
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty
I have red eyes over 3 days and feel uncomfortable. I also feels fever. Which medicine should I use?
I have red eyes for over 15 days, first I have very good eyes now I want advice from you what should I do to get rid of this red eyes?
Sir, I have vision problem from last 30 years distance vision -5.0 both eyes and near vision +1 both eyes. Now my age is 41. Can I make surgery to correct my vision. What will be the cost and side effects of surgery and risk factor. Where it is good nearby odisha?
My mother she is 41 years old, is having" white cataract" and also" black cataract" in" same eye" with pressure of something 19/11. But she want to treat both with medicine (ayurveda, homeopathy, anyone) only. So is there any medicine which can do so?
I rizwaan an sari from Mumbai I have seen sight problem so I requested please suggest good medicine plzzz thanking you.
Ocular albinism in an inherited condition in which the eyes lack melanin pigment, while the skin and hair show normal or near-normal coloration.
The lack of pigment in the eyes causes various vision problems:
Reduced visual acuity from 20/60 to 20/400 and sometimes as good as 20/25 in African-Americans, Nystagmus - involuntary back-and-forth movement of the eyes, Strabismus - crossed eyes or "lazy" eye, and Sensitivity to bright light and glare.
The reduced visual acuity may result in difficulty in school, such as inability to read what is written on a chalkboard except when very close, and difficulty with ball sports. It may also result in inability to drive.
With ocular albinism, the color of the iris of the eye may vary from blue to green or even brown, and sometimes darkens with age. However, when an eye doctor examines the eye by shining a light from the side of the eye, the light shines back through the iris since very little pigment is present. There may be areas of the iris which have very little pigment.
The main problem with the eye in ocular albinism is in the fovea, small area of the retina which affords acute vision. With ocular albinism, the fovea does not develop completely, presumably because melanin pigment is needed for the growth processes that normally occur before birth. Therefore the eye cannot process sharp light images. Because the fovea does not develop well, it is difficult to correct vision completely with glasses.
Ocular albinism is more severe form of condition than oculo - cutaneous albinism where eyes are mildly affected.
I use mobiles so much since 6-7 years before now. But I am feeling pain in the back of my neck. What should I do. Please advice.
My eye itches a lot and this has recently started. Is there any cure to this? Can you please prescribe any liquid dropper or medicine which can stop this excess of itching in the eye and watering also.
My 2 year boy has refractive error problem. His left eye got 0. 5 and right eye has 1. 75. My doctor advised for using spectacles. Any other options. Give me your valuable opinion
Your eyes are your gateway to the world. If they are tired, you may not be able to enjoy the many beautiful things around. It may affect your mood as well as your performance at work. Here are some amazing techniques to revive those tired eyes.
1. Ample sleep
Best way to allow your eyes to revive is to regularly get ample sleep for around 7 hours daily. Without proper sleep your eyes will feel tired and stressed. Allow your eyes to rest with regular uninterrupted sleep. Also make sure you wash your eyes before you sleep.
2. Chilled tea bags
Love sipping cups of your favorite tea? don't throw away those used tea bags. Tea is rich in tannins and antioxidants, which have the ability to rejuvenate the eyes once the tea bags are put in the freezer for 4-5 minutes andt then placed on the eyes till their coolness wears.
3. Cold cucumber slices
Cut slices of cucumber, large enough to cover your eyes and place them in refrigerator for some time. Once the slices are cool, place them on your eyes for quick relief. It's an easy and handy remedies for your eyes.
4. Eye bath
Take clean water or a medical eye wash in a bowl. Place the bowl in front of you and slowing try to dip your eyes in the liquid with them being open. It will give your eyes a quick bath, removing dirt and pollutants off your eyes, thus allowing your eyes a perfect environment to recover.
5. Cucumber soaked eye pads
Cucumber soaked eye pads are easy to use and very effective in providing tired eyes the much-needed relief. You can place the pads on your eyes overnight for even better results. It will also reduce the swelling around the eyes.
6. Potato juice
Potatoes can be very effective in curing dark circles and providing quick relief to tired and puffy eyes. Extract juice out of a potato and cool it for a few minutes in the refrigerator. Once cold, apply the juice around your eyes with the help of a cotton swab.
Massage the area around the eyes to improve blood circulation and improve the lymphatic drainage to relieve puffiness around the eyes. Gently massage around your eyes, making gentle circles with your index finger for quick relief.
8. Eye drops
Use an eye drop prescribed by your ophthalmologist to soothe itchy and tired eyes. Do not, however, use an eye drop that has been kept open for long as using one can lead to infections.